Barwell Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Barwell Updates

Post by lutleyyeltz » 14 Oct 2015, 15:02

andy wrote:I suppose Christie cant score at this level still either. ::) I have also heard from a reliable source that Bens real reason for leaving was nothing to do with travelling either.
You do realise that you could be accused of upsetting the "all's well within the Yeltz family" faction, with such controversial utterings! :o

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 14 Oct 2015, 15:21

lutleyyeltz wrote:
andy wrote:I suppose Christie cant score at this level still either. ::) I have also heard from a reliable source that Bens real reason for leaving was nothing to do with travelling either.
You do realise that you could be accused of upsetting the "all's well within the Yeltz family" faction, with such controversial utterings! :o
I didn't/don't fully believe the travelling explanation. It might have been a factor, but not the reason. I think it was more the fact that he was becoming ever-so-slightly marginalised in lots of areas, including on this very forum where plenty of people raised the question of whether he was of the necessary standard. That's a bit of a decline from being godlike the two previous campaigns. Stafford were always going to be challenging in the league below, and so I don't blame him at all for heading off there where he will no doubt notch 30+ this season. And guess what? They already love him there.

Christie was destined to score yesterday, but I would point out that's the first time this season that he's played the full 90 mins. A great player, but you'd struggle to count on him as your first choice striker.

ps. Don't think Andy's comment was aimed at the Yeltz Family at all.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 14 Oct 2015, 15:28

Actually, there is one place that Christie lives on, and that's on the Yeltz calendar in October! Another 17 days I've got to put up with his fat head on my kitchen wall!!! December is Ben Haseley and I'm genuinely considering cancelling Christmas.

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 14 Oct 2015, 15:49

piearce9 wrote:Actually, there is one place that Christie lives on, and that's on the Yeltz calendar in October! Another 17 days I've got to put up with his fat head on my kitchen wall!!! December is Ben Haseley and I'm genuinely considering cancelling Christmas.

You may have just "won" this thread with that comment!

Brace yourselves...

Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8bO4fb5N6s
Yeltz TV

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 14 Oct 2015, 16:01

piearce9 wrote:Actually, there is one place that Christie lives on, and that's on the Yeltz calendar in October! Another 17 days I've got to put up with his fat head on my kitchen wall!!! December is Ben Haseley and I'm genuinely considering cancelling Christmas.
I'm planning a Chris Lait Calendar ;D

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 14 Oct 2015, 16:09

I've just watched the highlights :o

On the fence a little over the red, I would have been calling for a red if an opposition player had done it.

We seemed to have a few chances at 1-0 down to at least level the scores if we would have been a bit more accurate in front of goal.

Iseyeden and Ben will always score goals where ever they go, sometimes politics get in the way of football

Need to bounce again on Saturday

Yeltz219
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz219 » 14 Oct 2015, 17:25

Watching the highlights. We had a good couple of chances to start with.
Goal 1 - platt got beat
Goal 2 - poor defence and no reaction from platt
Goal 3 - platt did well
Goal 4 - don't think platt needed to be off his line
Goal 5 - poor defending for a corner and no movement from platt
Goal 6 - Charlton mistake for letting it bounce knowing Christie was there!!
Daniels coming on and them going down to 10 men gave us a boost but little to late! I rate platt alot but i just feel Sarge has the edge and just a little more confidence. Overall performance was below average but onwards and upwards. See you all Saturday O0

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 14 Oct 2015, 18:03

piearce9 wrote:
lutleyyeltz wrote:

ps. Don't think Andy's comment was aimed at the Yeltz Family at all.
Don't worry, Lutters' post was very much tongue in cheek. ;D
I do worry about the amount of quality players we have lost for lets just call them 'reasons', that have not been replaced. To be honest last nights result was the sort of reverse I was expecting before the mini upturn we've had. We've proved in patches we can play some decent football in recent matches, I hope that we may see more of it, I'm not holding my breath though.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 14 Oct 2015, 20:05

Denny stamps on the player after he's regained his balance, for me it's a definite red card

gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gingeryeltz » 15 Oct 2015, 16:53

Yeltz27 wrote:Denny stamps on the player after he's regained his balance, for me it's a definite red card
I have to agree with you Yeltz27 - I guess he will be out for 3 games now?
Also, I thought It was a bit of a risk not having Sarge on our bench and allowing him to play elsewhere.