Barwell Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Barwell Updates

Post by piearce9 » 13 Oct 2015, 22:53

*wakes up in bar surrounded by shot glasses*

Hello? Where is everyone? What happened? Did we win?!

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 13 Oct 2015, 23:21

As some have commented on here a few times this season, there was no drive or passion. We had a good 45 mins on Saturday but this was incredibly poor, even if it was with 10 men. I agree with Juanillo about the tactics, something should have been done

Yeltz219
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz219 » 13 Oct 2015, 23:34

piearce9 wrote:*wakes up in bar surrounded by shot glasses*

Hello? Where is everyone? What happened? Did we win?!
Not sure! Think I may have had beer googles on the whole time 8)

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 13 Oct 2015, 23:52

As you can understand I'm in no rush to jump into the edit for this one. I, and a few others present tonight have watched back Denny's red, including a couple of the players/staff - even some opposition fans. As you can imagine I've had a mixed bag of responses, it's one you have to see for yourself.
Yeltz TV

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 13 Oct 2015, 23:57

Abysmal result. Some really poor defending by us and some good finishing from them.

I disagree about lack of effort/drive/passion or poor tactics for tonight, we lined up with only one change from the team that won on Saturday and that was Connolly in for Morrison. The big issue for me today was the poor game management. After losing Denny to the red card (more on that later) we immediately moved Bragoli inside with Elvins and Hales went on the right. Despite having only the ten we still pushed on looking for a goal and it was sods law that we almost scored then seconds later the ball was in the net at the other end. We tried to push for an early equaliser put they played us on the break well and scored again. It seemed like everytime we tried to get back in the game we got sucker punched at the other end. Good play from them, but I thought we were naive and by the time half time came and we were 4-0 down it was game over. I thought if anything we should have managed that 20 minute period after the sending off a lot better and frustrated them to keep it at 0-0. The game was too open and we allowed them to pick us off. Even at 1-0 we weren't out of the game. The players on the pitch needed to do this automatically in my opinion. If we'd got to half time 0-0 the pace of Daniels might have helped us in the second half. As it was, he came on for a lively 20/25 minutes at the end and looked quite sharp. As mentioned elsewhere, when we had the ball we looked decent, sadly when we didn't, it wasn't good enough at times.

The sending off, I didn't see it initially, others say it was red and the ref had no choice. When the Yeltz TV lads showed me the clip back at half time I have to admit I didn't see any intent by Jay Denny to stamp on their lad. There was a challenge between the players were their lad was on the ground and seemed to be making a meal of a tackle that was a foul to them. I'm not convinced Jay intentionally stood on him, it looked more accidental. I guess only Jay himself knows. I look forward to seeing it back tomorrow. It was interesting to see that the referee consulted with both of his assistants before giving the red, whether he was just giving himself thinking time I don't know.

Big improvements needed, I'd like to see John be able go out and bring in a couple of quality new faces as I do think we're lacking strength in depth in some areas.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 14 Oct 2015, 00:05

I think by poor tactics we mean what you are saying about keeping it tight after the sending off. Like you say, keep.it 0-0 for a while and see what happens, i agree completely. But the manager and co should have told them to do that surely, it's what he's there to do

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 14 Oct 2015, 00:08

I think by changing the players around when Denny was sent off that was the manager/assistant was giving directions. The players themselves also need to take some responsibility on the pitch. They're all very capable players!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 14 Oct 2015, 07:55

I suppose Christie cant score at this level still either. ::) I have also heard from a reliable source that Bens real reason for leaving was nothing to do with travelling either.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 14 Oct 2015, 10:05

He was here:-

http://www.afcwulfrunians.co.uk/2015/10 ... -hunt-cup/

Although I'd imagine you already knew this ;)

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 14 Oct 2015, 12:59

RobYeltz wrote:I think by changing the players around when Denny was sent off that was the manager/assistant was giving directions. The players themselves also need to take some responsibility on the pitch. They're all very capable players!
They probably should do. But wouldn't it have made more sense for example to get one of the forwards off, put Morrison on and move one of the defenders up into midfield? I have absolutely no tactical knowledge whatsoever but there were things that the manager could have done to solidify things. It felt like it was allowed to just roll along, no plan B (which I have said before). Yes going down to 10 men is always hard, especially after 10 minutes. People would take a 2-0 defeat maybe but Barwell were just running through our midfield and defence at will. Having 10 men doesn't mean you just cave in.

I know there was a good half on Saturday, but before that we were dismal in the first half. There are too many of these types of performances. Once in a while maybe but it happens more than it should do.