Matlock Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Matlock Updates

Post by dalevillain » 12 Oct 2015, 21:00

Yea think those two previous posts are fair points.

Like I say it wasn't a criticism against the club as I did see a few posts on social media about it. I personally thought that Non-league Day as a whole didn't seem as big a deal in the media as maybe in other years. Maybe it was the change of date from it's traditional time in September.

Fair play to the club for arranging a game at short notice and achieved their objective so in this sense it was a good financial decision.

Yeltz666
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Matlock Updates

Post by Yeltz666 » 13 Oct 2015, 21:06

Sccmkcyr wrote:Last year NLD was in September and we all knew in July when the fixtures were out if we were home or away. This year it was changed to a cup week so in theory you could no plan more than 10 day in advance.
Guesty bombarded main clubs in area and pushed on facebook/twitter and website was also in express and star but your up against a few local cup games so always going to be hard.
So I think we did all we could to get people to come.
By doing it at a fiver for all meant a gamble for club financially but as the game was meant to be played on a Tuesday in January the target was to get to 400 to b the same as a 200 January gate so we got above this and 450 drink and eat more than 200 so a good gamble.
To do this on a normal planned Saturday fixture would be harder as we would need to get 800 to match a normal Saturday gate.
Hopefully those who don't normally come enjoyed the day and will return
Try the negative way the team sets up and plays on the pitch more than anything done or not done off the pitch.