Platty:
Played 8
Conceded 8
Clean sheets 3
Goals conceded per game average 1
Record Won 5 Drew 2 Lost 1

Stats don't lie !!!!!!!!

Platty all day !!
Good and remarkably quick stats. However bear in mind the team were playing poorly in August and early September and the reasons for defeats were not especially attributable to goalkeeping. Stats can be used in various ways and they look impressive but they would need to be balanced against the bigger picture of the overall team improvement and performance in the last few weeks.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Matlock Updates

Post by piearce9 » 10 Oct 2015, 22:19

I've got the hot55's about this.......
Gformbs76 wrote:it definitely wasn't shocking !! It looked like a good cross from where I was stood whipped in at a good pace !
You weren't stood on the goal line with your gloves on, were you?

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 11 Oct 2015, 00:43

piearce9 wrote:I've got the hot55's about this.......
Gformbs76 wrote:it definitely wasn't shocking !! It looked like a good cross from where I was stood whipped in at a good pace !
You weren't stood on the goal line with your gloves on, were you?
I have to say, having watched it back a couple of times already, it was a decent cross. Platt seemed to flap at it a little bit which is unlike him.

Will post the video here in the morning when it's done.
Yeltz TV

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 11 Oct 2015, 07:36

piearce9 wrote:I've got the hot55's about this.....
Hahahahaha. Very good.

Gformbs76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Gformbs76 » 11 Oct 2015, 07:57

About half way up in front of the yeltz cafe, not a great angle like I said to make a viable comment ! Great stats on Westy !

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 11 Oct 2015, 09:04

Yeltz TV

Yeltz219
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz219 » 11 Oct 2015, 14:35

A good game overall. The lads have shown much improvement over the last few games. Cooper is coming out of his shell and its good to hear players are getting fit from injuries. As for the keepers debate the stats sent the best to use as previously mentioned we wasn't doing so well at the start also you have to look at the teams played against. I think they are both good keepers! Sarge is better at shot stoppers where as Platt comes out more! Shouldn't we be happy to have 2 good keepers?
After watching the highlights and I feel platty could have done more to stop the 2 goals but a very good effort from the lads. See you all Tuesday

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 11 Oct 2015, 14:44

Kind of to echo what the majority have people have said on here. A pretty dismal first half although we had about 4 or 5 decent chances but we should have put away. I was worried that it might come back to haunt us but thankfully Joe Hull's volley in from a corner just after half time and Danny Bragoli's tap in gave us the advantage and put us in control. Pearson's goal made it safe bit disappointing that we conceded two goals particularly the one at the end that made the last few minutes a bit nerve wracking when in truth we should have been out of sight.

Thankfully we held on and got what we deserved. 3 points and 3 goals will be a big confidence boost to the team and with the run of home games coming up you can't ask for much more than that.

On another note, the attendance of 450 was slightly disappointing for Non League Day with the reduced entry hoping to bring a few more people in. Maybe with them lot playing down the road at home in the FA Cup as well didn't help as maybe the neutrals saw that as a more appealing game or was enough done to promote the game I'm not sure. That's not a criticism by the way just an observation.

However, it's fair to say that things are looking more promising now than they were a month or six weeks ago!

Up the Yeltz!

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 11 Oct 2015, 15:08

dalevillain wrote: On another note, the attendance of 450 was slightly disappointing for Non League Day with the reduced entry hoping to bring a few more people in
Yeah, I was quite surprised too. Seem to recall we got c700 for Workington last year on NLD.

Doesn't help when they arrange it for a cup weekend, with no team 100% sure whether they'll have a home game, and then the necessary juggle of fixtures to try and keep everyone happy a fortnight beforehand.

The club put quite a good offer on (at short notice), and not many people can bemoan the result or performance, so I think it's just one of those things that can't really be helped.

Sccmkcyr
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Sccmkcyr » 11 Oct 2015, 15:45

Last year NLD was in September and we all knew in July when the fixtures were out if we were home or away. This year it was changed to a cup week so in theory you could no plan more than 10 day in advance.
Guesty bombarded main clubs in area and pushed on facebook/twitter and website was also in express and star but your up against a few local cup games so always going to be hard.
So I think we did all we could to get people to come.
By doing it at a fiver for all meant a gamble for club financially but as the game was meant to be played on a Tuesday in January the target was to get to 400 to b the same as a 200 January gate so we got above this and 450 drink and eat more than 200 so a good gamble.
To do this on a normal planned Saturday fixture would be harder as we would need to get 800 to match a normal Saturday gate.
Hopefully those who don't normally come enjoyed the day and will return