Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Matlock Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 10 Oct 2015, 16:53

Attendance: 450

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 10 Oct 2015, 17:09

First 25 minutes or so were dreadful. However, something changed and the second half was the best entertainment I have seen down the Grove for a long long time. The difference the pace down the left wing makes is absolutely huge. Excellent win, well done all

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 10 Oct 2015, 17:18

Yeltz27 wrote:First 25 minutes or so were dreadful. However, something changed and the second half was the best entertainment I have seen down the Grove for a long long time. The difference the pace down the left wing makes is absolutely huge. Excellent win, well done all
Yes nothing really happened in the first half, but we took the game to them 2nd half. I think the team has a better balance, shape and threat with Cooper pushing up on the left instead of in the defence as he was earlier in the season.

I thought the midfield did very well and the defence were quite solid and the score was closer than it should've been.
I still prefer Sarge in goal and not just because of the second goal.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 10 Oct 2015, 17:26

Re: 'keepers - Platty for me every time.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 10 Oct 2015, 17:33

I agree with Juanillo. Sarge should be playing in goal

Gformbs76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Gformbs76 » 10 Oct 2015, 18:53

RE keepers

Sarge:
Played 8
Conceded 16
Cleans sheets 2
Goals conceded per game average 2
Record Won 2 Drew 0 Lost 6

Platty:
Played 8
Conceded 8
Clean sheets 3
Goals conceded per game average 1
Record Won 5 Drew 2 Lost 1

Stats don't lie !!!!!!!!

Platty all day !!

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 10 Oct 2015, 18:59

Fine, so explain Matlocks 2nd goal today then. That was shocking. It should have been 3-1

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 10 Oct 2015, 19:06

With our recent results against Matlock Town I was worried eventually the run have to end at some point. Thankfully we got 3pts today. We made hard work of it after having two, two goal leads but it's three more points that move us comfortably mid table. I think we could argue the case for us having created plenty today but the ball not dropping for us, particularly in the first half but it seemed to fall for us in the second as we got three goals.

As for the keeper argument, I think it's great we can have a debate having two quality keepers. At the minute for me, Platty has done nothing to warrant losing his shirt, and Sarge will do the same when he gets back in I'm sure. I'm sure they're both pushing each other which is only good for the team.

See you at Barwell
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Gformbs76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Gformbs76 » 10 Oct 2015, 19:06

it definitely wasn't shocking !! It looked like a good cross from where I was stood whipped in at a good pace ! I'll reserve proper judgment when I see the video ! Sarge has done a great job for us for the last few seasons but it's quite evident to me Platt is a cut above ! Like I said before look at those stats it's not even close !! Your saying you would prefer to concede twice as many goals, lose 6 times more games ! That's shocking !

spongeyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by spongeyeltz » 10 Oct 2015, 20:12

Another good win. As already mentioned, a pretty quiet first half but still felt we were the better team. Couldn't have started the second half better with a left foot cracker from the excellent Joe Hull who was rightly given m.o.m i thought Reece Hales ran him close though. Keyon worked tirelessly up front and what about our new flying right winger, three or four times sheer grit and determination got him past his man and deservedly got a goal. I think overall their two goals made the score look tighter than it actually was.
As for the goalkeeper debate I feel that Sarge is the slightly better shot stopper but Platty is more decisive in commanding his area.
And as for stats, while reading the programme i noticed this one
Westy p 6 w 5 l 1 and the one we lost was against Nuneaton