Whitby Latest

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
spongeyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Whitby Latest

Post by spongeyeltz » 04 Oct 2015, 16:20

Can't disagree with anything Robs said. For the first eighty minutes i couldn't see either side scoring if they played till next Christmas, if anything they were poorer in the final third. Then Platty saves well from a well executed free kick and a brilliant point blank save. We went close with a couple of efforts from Cooper after surging runs. I think Cooper offers a real attacking threat when the ball is played behind the full back for him to run onto. We really do need a striker who has a bit about him positionally and is prepared to attack the ball in the box because we are getting decent balls in at times, but I guess these players don't grow on trees.
The referee was woeful, letting Whitby get away with tactics more suited to Twickenham, whilst pulling up any Halesowen player for the slightest of things.
I do think Reece Hales is getting a bit of unfair stick, i feel he produced some good moments of play, however I would like to see a bit more of him up front.
A tough one next. I notice Nantwich have three players who have scored 7+ goals already this season.

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 04 Oct 2015, 16:55

12 league games. 11 goals. It's not hard to spot the problem!!

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 04 Oct 2015, 17:25

Johnny Bud wrote:12 league games. 11 goals. It's not hard to spot the problem!!
Anyone understand the decision to bring on Morrison for Hales, when we had JMG and McGee on the bench?

spongeyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by spongeyeltz » 04 Oct 2015, 19:38

piearce9 wrote:
Johnny Bud wrote:12 league games. 11 goals. It's not hard to spot the problem!!
Anyone understand the decision to bring on Morrison for Hales, when we had JMG and McGee on the bench?
I think Hales had to come off because he was carrying a knock. As for Morrison, i believe it may have been to give some sort of aerial presence, due to their physical approach, Mcgee wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference. JMG who knows.
A bit left field and to stir things up, but how about trying Joe up front. The reasoning, I thought he played an excellent 15 minutes or so up front against Wulfs pre season

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 04 Oct 2015, 19:50

I'm pretty sure JMG wasn't fit. I notice he wasn,t even wearing the proper shorts and didn't take part in the pre match warm up, although he was doing some exercises with Parsons-Smith

sprout
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by sprout » 04 Oct 2015, 20:26

It scares me that we appear (in certain people's eyes) to be using the officials as an excuse !! This is the NPL for Christs sake - it's a bloody hard league and if players don't have the heart for it then they shouldn't be playing!

spongeyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by spongeyeltz » 04 Oct 2015, 21:03

,quote="sprout"]It scares me that we appear (in certain people's eyes) to be using the officials as an excuse !! This is the NPL for Christs sake - it's a bloody hard league and if players don't have the heart for it then they shouldn't be playing![/quote]

I was certainly not using the referee as an excuse, all i want is a level playing field. I presume you were at the game , did you see their scrum half grapple Pearson down and the ref give nothing, yet barely minutes later penalize Pearson for a slight tug on one their players shirt. Consistency in decisions. The post was not an excuse but merely an opinion of what i saw.

sprout
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by sprout » 05 Oct 2015, 11:07

Yup - I was there and agree the ref was poor , but I also think that affected both teams - anyway, hopefully it will be better tomorrow

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 05 Oct 2015, 17:14

Just to clarify, I wasn't blaming the officials for the lack of 3pts on Saturday, despite how weak I thought he was. I always try to not be critical of officials, and try and use the same theory as I do with the players, if they were much better they'd be playing/refereeing at a higher level.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ