Salford Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
yeltz85
Global Moderator

Re: Salford Updates

Post by yeltz85 » 01 Oct 2015, 13:57

Just watched the goals. I know they all count but if you watch Belper's defense (who are currently 19th) they are all over the place.

Ben scored loads of goals for us in that league and would still do so now. NPL is a different ball game though.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 01 Oct 2015, 17:12

yeltz85 wrote:Just watched the goals. I know they all count but if you watch Belper's defense (who are currently 19th) they are all over the place.

Ben scored loads of goals for us in that league and would still do so now. NPL is a different ball game though.
There was an interview in the NL paper two weeks ago with a Stafford player (name escapes me) but it summed it all up perfectly.
The player has just completed 400 games for Stafford in the National League Premier, National League North, NPL Premier and now NPL South.
What was interesting is that he said if they didn't go up this year he would give it another go next season, but if they go up he will defo retire....and from memory his quote was that the jump from NPL North to NPL Prem is massive ....whereas he also said that the jump from NPL Prem to National North is not nearly so great !!!!
So no matter what any of us think, you have to respect the opinion of a player who has seen it all.

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 01 Oct 2015, 19:47

old git wrote:
yeltz85 wrote:Just watched the goals. I know they all count but if you watch Belper's defense (who are currently 19th) they are all over the place.

There was an interview in the NL paper two weeks ago with a Stafford player (name escapes me) but it summed it all up perfectly.
The player has just completed 400 games for Stafford in the National League Premier, National League North, NPL Premier and now NPL South.
What was interesting is that he said if they didn't go up this year he would give it another go next season, but if they go up he will defo retire....and from memory his quote was that the jump from NPL North to NPL Prem is massive ....whereas he also said that the jump from NPL Prem to National North is not nearly so great !!!!
So no matter what any of us think, you have to respect the opinion of a player who has seen it all.
yes I saw the same article I think the player is called Wayne Daniel if memory serves.

spongeyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by spongeyeltz » 01 Oct 2015, 21:33

old git wrote:

Very interesting, what immediately strikes me, is the job that JH has done considering the resources he has had at his disposal. I still think Ben and Iyesden could cut it at this level. Combined they managed over 30 goals last season,can anyone see where those goals are coming from this season? Still what's gone has gone and I'm sure John still has a few cards up his sleeve