Frickley

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Frickley

Post by RobYeltz » 20 Sep 2015, 00:20

spongeyeltz wrote:And so the upturn continues..... A fairly even first half, if somewhat scrappy at times. We came into it a bit more as the first half wore on with some neat inter-play between Refell and the excellent Luke Connolly delivering a couple of inviting crosses that could have resulted in a goal. Then we conceded from what looked like a poor attempted clearance. Did we capitulate? Not at all. I think we were the better side in the second half with again, Connolly getting in behind the home defense on a couple of occasions, delivering well with the ball being scrambled away. Then the game turned on its head with first a great finish and then a brilliant finish from Refell, the keeper had no chance with either. I wish we could keep him. The new chap Elvins (I hope I got that right) I thought had a steady game and will improve as he gets used to his new team mates. As ever Asa and Westy produced what we've come to expect. Onwards and upwards

A very good summing up.

Whilst they had territorial advantage for good parts of the first half it was indeed their keeper who had to make two very good saves in the first half to keep them in it. Their goal in truth looked a good strike with little anyone could seemingly do about it. Agree about Connolly, looked very good going forward and he delivered some great crosses from the right. I was a little surprised JH took him off in all fairness but it seemed to work for us. I like the look of new bloke, looked composed in midfield, assured in defence and threatening in attack.

As for Reffell - he was absolutely rubbish. Two mis-kicks for the goals and his fitness and mobility is woeful. Definitely needs to improve if he wants to remain here. I'd be prepared to give him time (About 9 months should do it I should think)

The finishing really was the difference, we took our chances - they didn't, despite some good play from them. A really good away win at a really difficult place to go. A late winner last week and coming back to win this week - It certainly seems as if the team have got some belief in themselves - and so they should.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 20 Sep 2015, 10:42

?[/quote]

Matty Clarke decided to say to the fan he would go over there and knock him out.... JH had to pull a very testosterone MC. NOT something a/m should be doing.[/quote]

Sounds like at Owen and assistant manager at Belper a couple of years ago. Great larks. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

welshyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by welshyeltz » 20 Sep 2015, 17:45

How very dare you Andy casting aspersions. I have no memory of such an event

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 20 Sep 2015, 18:33

quote Owen "I have no memory of such an event"
Aint surprised , the amount of beer you'd supped.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 21 Sep 2015, 07:24

;D