Mickleover FA Cup

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
spongeyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Mickleover FA Cup

Post by spongeyeltz » 13 Sep 2015, 21:20

I attended the forum and what came across to me was that the management aren't happy with the way things have gone so far and are working really hard to improve the team. Players are being identified, but as is usually the case, we are competing against other teams and the plain and simple truth is that we cannot compete financially for these players. The owner stated that the club are now self sufficient and things are gradually improving i.e better sponsorship.
Now for the opinion, I think it's ludicrous calling for A change in management , I'm sure john would love to play free flowing football, but I think you have to be pragmatic and try and play to the ability of what you have got. It would have been great to sign, say, a 20 + goalscorer but we just can't afford this type of player. I think John has tried to blend experience with prospects. He's signed good experience in Denny and Westwood and good prospects in Cooper and Collins, the latter need time to adapt to this level and I've no doubt these two players will become great assets, after all John has form in progressing prospects, just look at Tilt and Green (joint players of the year)
As for the financial situation, do we overspend and put the club in danger or try and grow organically. I know what I'd choose

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Mickleover FA Cup

Post by juanillo » 13 Sep 2015, 22:46

Thanks both for your summaries.

The point raised about attracting players is obviously key.
I didn't fully appreciate were seemingly that far behind other (presumably) local step 3 clubs in the financial pecking order.