Mickleover FA Cup

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Mickleover FA Cup

Post by dazzlingdazza » 13 Sep 2015, 00:31

This is my first choice football club. I love this club, I will do anything I can to get involved with it, if I see others doing the same I encourage, if I see people criticising others who are doing their best I don't think it is right. I especially don't think it is right when the same people criticising are the ones that offer nothing towards helping this football club.

There are going to be people with differing opinions, that's fine, but if more people actually got involved and worked off some of their negative energies, this football club would move forward quicker.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 13 Sep 2015, 00:42

dazzlingdazza wrote:This is my first choice football club. I love this club, I will do anything I can to get involved with it, if I see others doing the same I encourage, if I see people criticising others who are doing their best I don't think it is right. I especially don't think it is right when the same people criticising are the ones that offer nothing towards helping this football club.

There are going to be people with differing opinions, that's fine, but if more people actually got involved and worked off some of their negative energies, this football club would move forward quicker.
It's incredibly infuriating. I have told you countless times, I have helped the club in the past. I would gladly do so again, but over the summer I have been unable to do so as I haven't had a single free weekend until I finally did last Saturday when I went to meet Rob. You make assumptions that I criticise and have never helped.

With regards to the criticism, I'm a musician. I do it professionally, I don't have another job, it's my career. I have been reviewed in concerts by the national press, is it tough sometimes? Absolutely. Do i like it? No. The point is, if people are paying to watch, thats how it is. Anybody who puts themselves up in any performing situation where people are paying to watch, whether it be music, drama or sport has to understand that they are there to be shot at. If you don't like it you have to get out which is what I've considered doing, but deep down I love that pressure. Some people handle it better than others.and before anybody says they do it for the love of it and don't really get paid, I've done concerts and been critcised for no money at all. I understand maybe what doing something for thr love of it feels like also.

I pay to watch to go to the Villa and Yeltz. I say the Villa players are useless most of the time. If I'm paying to go to the Grove I see no reason why people can't criticise just because John Hill is trying his best. Maybe my own life affects my views of this. I can't get up in a gig and say its going badly but i am trying my best so you must support me. I always try my best in concerts, but it doesn't mean I have a given right to get a good review. It feels like you should, but it doesn't work that like that. If the results are poor or people are unhappy, you have to listen and not just say they are wrong like what happened last September for example when I posted. I can assure you (you think I'm talking rubbish probably), you'd be amazed how similar music/performing arts and sport are

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 13 Sep 2015, 07:30

Can we talk about football please? Isn't this thread about yesterday's game?

I know it's been said before but I'd like to add that it is good to see Asa back in the team. He brings a bit of calmness and organisation.

It's been a very 'varied' start to the season but we should enjoy it when we win and the money should help. The last two results are much better and hopefully we will move onwards and upwards.

Football is all about opinion and when I update on here I try to just state it as it is. The only thing I think all Yeltz fans should agree on is that even when we are crap it's still better than watching the Villa ;D ;D

gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gingeryeltz » 13 Sep 2015, 09:24

Johnny Bud wrote:Can we talk about football please? Isn't this thread about yesterday's game?

The only thing I think all Yeltz fans should agree on is that even when we are crap it's still better than watching the Villa ;D ;D
I agree with you bud on both your comments - especially your second one !

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 13 Sep 2015, 13:51

Johnny Bud wrote:Can we talk about football please? Isn't this thread about yesterday's game?

I know it's been said before but I'd like to add that it is good to see Asa back in the team. He brings a bit of calmness and organisation.

It's been a very 'varied' start to the season but we should enjoy it when we win and the money should help. The last two results are much better and hopefully we will move onwards and upwards.

Football is all about opinion and when I update on here I try to just state it as it is. The only thing I think all Yeltz fans should agree on is that even when we are crap it's still better than watching the Villa ;D ;D
Have to agree with the comment about Asa and to the same extent Westwood. The worry of course is that I doubt both of them will be able to play Saturday/Tuesday/Saturday. I like how Asa organises but also how he goes to meet the ball as well. I know he's not as strong in the air as say Joe Hull but he makes sure the forward doesn't get a clear head on the ball. Having Westwood in front of them as well allows Denny to play a bit more too.

As for the Villa comment, dear me Stokesy... It's hardly as if your lot for Bordsley Green are playing like Barcelona or Bayern Munich.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Sep 2015, 18:34

Re the forum
Like everyone else I have very much enjoyed the upturn in results recently. The flip side of that though meant it would be more difficult to ask the relevant questions about our dismal form and results over the last few months. Also to be quite honest I don't know what I would have asked. Its plain for all to see we have lost many games, its plain for all to see we have played awful football, but then what is the resultant question? Is it 'can I have my money back?'
People only post on here what they see. There's no great conspiracy, just fed up people being told by others they should toe the party line and pretend to enjoy the crap being served up.
Anyway to end on a positive lets hope (though I'm not convinced) there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 13 Sep 2015, 18:43

One more point
Ddazza, you keep going on about the people criticising do nothing to help the club. Well some facts. Most of the people I know who have been critical, like myself, have been coming for umpteen years and done more than their fare share of helping over the years. You are not the first to do it you know. Some now have other commitments, some may be getting on a bit, some may now feel its time for others to do their bit, but please don't make assumptions about people you don't even know.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 13 Sep 2015, 19:22

andy wrote:One more point
Ddazza, you keep going on about the people criticising do nothing to help the club. Well some facts. Most of the people I know who have been critical, like myself, have been coming for umpteen years and done more than their fare share of helping over the years. You are not the first to do it you know. Some now have other commitments, some may be getting on a bit, some may now feel its time for others to do their bit, but please don't make assumptions about people you don't even know.
Very well said Andy. I agree, the people who disagree are always beaten down with assumptions and it's pathetic

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 13 Sep 2015, 20:15

It would be helpful if someone could just objectively report what was discussed for those who could not attend.

Unfortunately the only thing I have gleaned is that there seems to be a lot of points scoring by those that attended the forum.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 13 Sep 2015, 21:03

juanillo wrote:It would be helpful if someone could just objectively report what was discussed for those who could not attend.

Unfortunately the only thing I have gleaned is that there seems to be a lot of points scoring by those that attended the forum.
Due to the disappointing turn out there wasn't really anything too different to what you may have read in the match programme from the management team.

In summary; The management team are working their arses off to improve the squad, it was obvious that we have a good degree of young players and experienced players - we are lacking with players in the 24-28 age bracket. Every player they approach is either out of their price range or 3/4 clubs are also after them. Some of those clubs can afford to pay more wither with wages or in some cases signing on fees. Bringing in players isn't hard, bringing in the right players is what they're trying to do and won't bring in numbers for the sake of it. JH mentioned they'd put in a 7 day approach for a player a 2/3 other clubs also tried to get him. Day and night they're working to improve the team as the fans deserve to see better football and results and It isn't for the lack of effort"

Due to the age of a lot of the players inconsistency was sure to be an issue and the management are working on this. The likes of Asa and Westy have been great in the last couple of games but managing their game time will be essential.

Aaron Daniels - Hasn't signed for the club - but his injury from last season has stopped this from happening and he's still recovering. JH is in contact with him.

Mike Taylor has left the club.

Pre season - The club were restricting in getting a glamour game at The Grove due to work on the pitch. Most league sides will only play very early pre season and we couldn't do this with the work going on to improve the pitch for the season. The pitch will be used a lot less during the season and hopefully the pitch will be better as a result. Additional help has been sort to help Ant Brettle as he's worked tirelessly during the summer.

The academy - Is still in progress, (Sorry i dind't catch all of this) and MC commented on how impressed he was with the U16 team that represented the club so well in the FA Youth Cup.

As I say, it was fairly low key really and nothing really you haven't read in the programme and newspaper.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ