Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Matlock Updates

Post by Magnus » 08 Sep 2015, 21:28

3 0

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 08 Sep 2015, 21:32

Pearson and Griffiths with goals I believe!

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 08 Sep 2015, 21:38

Well blow me down with a feather. Couldn't see that coming! Fantastic.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 08 Sep 2015, 21:40

Couldn't attend tonight due to personal circumstances. It's a shame as I was looking forward to grabbing a few climbing routes on the way. Anyway, well done to all concerned, a fantastic result!

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 08 Sep 2015, 21:41

andy wrote:Well blow me down with a feather. Couldn't see that coming! Fantastic.
Me neither but well done!

Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dazzie76 » 08 Sep 2015, 21:45

Great result well played lads

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 08 Sep 2015, 23:33

A great performance still looked a bit shaky at the back at times. Dan Platt made some good saves. Seemed to play with a lot more intent hopefully we've turned the corner.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 08 Sep 2015, 23:43

Just got back.

Not going to get carried away as it is only one very good result, but this was much more like the Yeltz side we know. We reverted back to a 3-5-2 formation with Hull and Morrison either side of Charlton. Griff and Connolly at wing backs with Denny, Westwood and Waldron in the middle. Upfront was the loanees of Hales and Reffel. Platt took over from Sargeant in goal.

John clearly went with a game plan of keeping it tight for the first 20 minutes and despite some excellent passages of play by the home side we held firm, with some excellent defending and goalkeeping. The returning Westwood gave us a sense of calmness to the midfield also. With Westwood in midfield it gave Jay Denny a little more license to get forward and some of his link up play with Hales and Reffel was excellent at times. Special mention also to Luke Connolly who I thought had his best Yeltz performance to date also.

I was a little worried when we lost Waldron with an arm/shoulder injury shortly before half time, but Hales dropped back and Pearson went upfront. With almost immediate effect Pearson advances to play a ball in for Refell to neatly finish with a neat flick. On reflection we probably hadn't done enough to be leading but the goal certainly gave the lads confidence. The second half began with Matlock taking the initiative and some of their passing and movement was really good at times, unfortunately for them whenever they got to the the last third they found Charlton, Morrison and Hull in great form, Platt also dealt with everything that came his way with some good handling and excellent positioning.

The counter attacking football we played in response was excellent and the second and third goals were brilliant team goals with neat, accurate passing and movement. I still can't see how left wing back Aaron Griffiths ended up in the right wing position to score!

Every player in the squad contributed tonight to that win and well done to them for that, a win on Saturday is a must now to try and build on that result.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 09 Sep 2015, 00:34

100% agree with this. Perfect summary of the game.

Decent pies at Matlock too.

Looking forward to editing the full highlights and showing them to you all. Having watched the goals back already with the staff and some of the lads on the coach, this video is definitely one to look out for! Tekkers from Reffell for the first too.
Yeltz TV