Darlington Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Darlington Updates

Post by RaidenYeltz » 05 Sep 2015, 18:28

andy wrote:Its not a question really of siding with someone. I too have been critical regarding our demise for a long time now. I don't take ANY pride or pleasure in this but get ultrafrustrated when some loons suggest it is not happening.
I still stand by last seasons comments. I still feel you and others were overly critical. We hit form. Reached a target. And fell away.

On our very poor run when we went behind we at least had ago. We looked like we could win games. We had fight and desire. We had a backbone.

This season we have fuck all. It's just an absolute mess. It'll take some sorting. The players are, frankly, shit.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 05 Sep 2015, 18:34

Pretty grim watching. Thought the two new boys started rather well but looked well off the pace at the end. Darlo seemed well organised and had some good players in there, but we didn't even get them out of second gear. I simply cannot believe how many goals we have conceded from crosses- it's getting embarrassing now.

We all know that it's going to be a long old season, and I think if we finish in 20th position in May then that might need to be deemed as a success, given the current state of play. The absolute bottom line here (and I doubt anyone can disagree) is that the current squad of players, speaking as a whole, is no way near good enough. In order to compete, and stay up, it will need 5 or 6 new faces, and it has to be players who are competent at this level. I actually do worry about some of the old guard, like Sarge and Hull, who might take the option to get out if one is presented.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 05 Sep 2015, 18:42

The writing was on the wall from pre season despite some views that there was promise or the management would learn from it or pre season doesn't matter.

It was evident that the new players were not up to the required level irrespective of tactics or formation and so it has continued.

Talking to one of the many of their fans I learned they kept the core from last year and supplemented with players from the required level. We've lost the core and the scouting for lower league replacements hasn't been productive. There's no pace and little movement and creativity in midfield or up front.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 05 Sep 2015, 18:53

Yeltz27 wrote:
dalevillain wrote:Yeltz 27, despite all the criticism you have got on here fair play to sticking to your guns throughout. Seems like a lot more people are starting to side with you now....
It was never my intention to pick sides, be controversial or cause any trouble. All I was doing was providing an opinion like everybody else. I am not about to go around immaturely saying "I'm right", believe me, i would have much preferred to be wrong than see what we did today.

Posts like the one from gingeryeltz are uncalled for and simply pathetic, I have never done that to anybody on here. No people don't appreciate my opinion and I understand that.

I would love to help out at the club when I am here if anything needs doing, but being honest, some of the criticism I have received on here does put me off doing that.
Yes the gingeryeltz comment is ridiculous and embarrassing irrespective of what you may think of yeltz27's views.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 05 Sep 2015, 18:57

piearce9 wrote:Pretty grim watching. Thought the two new boys started rather well but looked well off the pace at the end. Darlo seemed well organised and had some good players in there, but we didn't even get them out of second gear. I simply cannot believe how many goals we have conceded from crosses- it's getting embarrassing now.

We all know that it's going to be a long old season, and I think if we finish in 20th position in May then that might need to be deemed as a success, given the current state of play. The absolute bottom line here (and I doubt anyone can disagree) is that the current squad of players, speaking as a whole, is no way near good enough. In order to compete, and stay up, it will need 5 or 6 new faces, and it has to be players who are competent at this level. I actually do worry about some of the old guard, like Sarge and Hull, who might take the option to get out if one is presented.
The no.10 was appalling. I hope he's sent back immediately.

The winger looked decent.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 05 Sep 2015, 19:20

I think as a whole, what you saw overall last season (mostly) was enjoyment. Yes we didn't always excite and some results were disappointing but when we went a goal down you could feel us still getting an equaliser or even coming back to win. Because that team had belief, desire, commitment. Ok they still weren't the most skilful of teams but they had pretty much everything you could ask from a team really.

This side is a million miles away. As soon as the first goal goes against us the heads drop and it is virtually game over. That is to me what hurts so much.

John Hill is not necessarily to blame for the players abilities but he has signed then so unfortunately he has to take responsibility.

I'm not necessarily calling for his head here but I do not see things improving here very time soon.

Fenelon
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Fenelon » 05 Sep 2015, 21:45

gingeryeltz wrote:
andy wrote:Come on now, look for the positives...
Positive for me - finding out Yeltz27 attended today - no mum though :-*
This is my first and possibly last post. I am Yeltz27's dad. Matt's mum is a well-known and popular character amongst Yeltz regulars. We didn't agree with the admission initiative but we would both have been there today if it hadn't been for difficult personal circumstances. Say what you like about Matt; he is very capable of dealing with anything you say. But I take great exception to sarcastic comments about his mum. An apology would be very much appreciated.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 06 Sep 2015, 14:03

Once again a game where we were second best by quite a distance. John clearly has tried to address this with the two lads coming in from Kiddy. Despite Raidens comment I thought he looked a very decent player. Strong, quick and mobile. Sadly he faded as the game went on I assume due to lack of minutes on the pitch. What we needed yesterday was to score first to give us something to hang onto, it didn't happen of course and the worst possible scenario ensued with them getting the early goal - another soft goal in my opinion. We're not defending well enough as a unit and the confidence is fragile. - Not a great combination. Taking nothing away from Darlington who were well worth the win. See you all at Matlock...
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

GingerShedMan
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by GingerShedMan » 07 Sep 2015, 14:04

no confidence no desire no communication no effort no graft do I need to go on ....

offmehead
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by offmehead » 07 Sep 2015, 16:12

"no confidence no desire no communication no effort no graft do I need to go on ."..

It seemed to me that a number of these applied to our support on the day, also.. Fair enough there may have been more local people there than of late but the usual vocal few only seemed to be heard after the 80 th minute or so. I thought at the time we were`t prepared to put our heads above the parapet because of the more vocal Darlo supprters who were spread out around the ground (and had more to shout about!).
No doubt it would have been different had we pulled back from the early Darlo goal, but the longer it went on we seemed to accept it wasn`t going to be our day (again).

IIncidentally, I was impressed by the contribution of the new boys 7, 10, and hope they will have more chances to impress whilst on loan.