Sutton Coldfield Town Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sutton Coldfield Town Updates

Post by RaidenYeltz » 31 Aug 2015, 18:48

RobYeltz wrote:Absolute rubbish. Couldn't even manage a shot in anger.

i'm trying hard to give these players the chance but too many aren't up to this level of football. Better quality required. Kettle coasted through the game and Forde ran the midfield. Both would walk into our team.
There's two options Rob;

1: We don't have the funding. Why is that...

2: John hill has bought in the wrong players.

I rather Johnn as a manger.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 31 Aug 2015, 19:06

RaidenYeltz wrote:
I rather Johnn as a manger.
I wouldn't. People can hide behind the budget thing as long as they like, but, John Hill sets the team up to play, has bought these players and should motivate them. Even when results were good I wasn't happy with what was going on and I wanted a change.

I am going to sound like I'm being really harsh here, and it's not intended to be how many will take it, I'm just saying something that I think. In the past, we have had managers like Martin O'Connor, and assistants such as Graham Hyde and Darren Caskey. Whether you liked them as managers, you couldn't argue that they had real knowledge from playing at the very top level. Minor things they would know from their playing days. John Hill, through no fault of his own, doesn't have that experience. It's a bit like Peter Moores and the England cricket team. You knew when he was appointed he would be useless and it turned out that way. Get Bayliss in and look at the difference. John Hill managed at Tipton for 10 years, lower than the Yeltz level, and did extremely well when we were in the division below. But this is where I felt we have been found out, I think this is the maximum level this management team can get to, I don't think there is anything more there. John knows the leagues below us well, and will know those players. But does he know the players that are required at our level as well? You hear it at higher levels about managers buying players they are comfortable buying, is this what has happened here? If people know it genuinely is the budget then I apologise but as you obviously know, I've had my serious doubts about this management team for nearly two years now

Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dazzie76 » 31 Aug 2015, 19:18

Can anyone tell me where the required goals are going to come from in this current squad ?

No pace

No Height and Strength

My main concern is the support to the Attack

Apart from 6 or 7 sides this is a piss poor league compared to the National North yet we are took apart by Sutton Coldfield

Get ready for a big dip in crowds because this is not going to get people in

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 31 Aug 2015, 19:40

RaidenYeltz wrote:
I spoke to Forde after the game. He confirmed some long time suspicions. Interesting chat.
Are your long time suspicions around budget cuts?

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 31 Aug 2015, 22:05

After today's result, and the reports of our performance, I fear for the rest of season.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 31 Aug 2015, 22:19

Well a cracking bank holiday day out on the train today. A few pre match beers in Brum, then train to Sutton, then back to Brum for a few beers after the game! What a day out, if Carlsberg did away days.....

The only problem is with away days you have to suffer the game in between, and suffer we did today! It was truely dreadful. I didn't go on Saturday but I heard good things so to go from that to this today I just cannot believe, but it is shocking and very worrying indeed.

I can only remember us having one shot on target, which I think was a Jay Denny cross shot in the first half. It was only a matter of time before they scored and they did before half time and the second half display from us was just lifeless.

Sad to say it but this crop of players just aren't like the previous set of players from last season, on and off the field. Sometimes you can accept it if players are not technically gifted, as long as they give their all and fight for the cause. I didn't see that today. It was as if once we went a goal down we were beaten. No fight in the team whatsoever to get back in the game. Last season, if we went a goal down you would fancy us to come roaring back.

Off the field, last season after the game I saw players integrating with the fans more, looking disheartened when we lost. Today, most players looked disinterested, too busy playing on their phones after the game and more concerned about the food on offer. Only Sargeant and Hull came over and shook our hands and thanked us for our support.

On another note, a strange ground Sutton, plastic pitch, band playing, they even had their own lager and ale on tap, plus a nice burger and chips too. It has changed a lot from my last visit there which nearly 13 years ago. Last time I went there they had proper grass on the pitch....you 'newbie' Yeltz fans wouldn't even know!!

Like I said, if only Carlsberg did away days....

DanielRolinson
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by DanielRolinson » 31 Aug 2015, 22:47

Not there today but editing the highlights wasn't fun. Video out tomorrow at 12 if anyone can be bothered to watch it.
Yeltz TV

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 01 Sep 2015, 11:40

juanillo wrote:I can't say it's anything to do with tactics, it's the quality of players. We never troubled the keeper or their defence. Ball retention was very low and movement was poor. Maybe Saturday was a blip.

We've lost Green, Tilt, Tonks, Christie, Haseley, Forde amongst others and so far none of the replacements have been an upgrade. Even allowing for players bedding in and gelling and any tactical changes I'd be very sceptical that this group will be able to step up.
Don't forget we had a shocking end to last season as well with the players mentioned in the team. No the new players might not be as good, but even with the old set of players things had gone terribly wrong so I think the management are far more responsible than some are willing to accept.

venki
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by venki » 01 Sep 2015, 11:45

Anyone know why Westwood and others were missing yesterday?

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 01 Sep 2015, 11:55

From what I gathered from speaking to various folks yesterday.

Charlton - Knackered from playing for Willenhall on Sat.
Westwood - Calf/thigh injury.
Parsons-Smith - Elbow still.
Taylor - Honeymoon/Holiday.
Darkin - Left for Hinckley.
Bragoli - Injured.