Sutton Coldfield Town Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Sutton Coldfield Town Updates

Post by JohnC » 01 Sep 2015, 12:59

After a good result and performance Saturday no one can deny that the 2/3rds Halesowen crowd yesterday were left feeling disappointed with a bad result and what appeared to be lack of desire from some players.

Was it the surface?
Was it that Tricky knew John's tactics?
Think how two seasons ago we beat Romulas and Sutton there.

How often in football at any level do you compete with the top clubs and then lose the games you are expected to win.

For those with more questions than answers you have your chance to ask and comment at the upcoming forum 12th September.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 01 Sep 2015, 13:05

Yeltz27 wrote:even with the old set of players things had gone terribly wrong
No it hadn't! The form was poor towards the end, but like I've said before, we were comfortably mid-table and had nothing to play for in the final 10 games. But this was the same set of players that got us up there in the first place. And as I said last week- the target last year was to stay up. We finished top half. ???

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 01 Sep 2015, 13:16

Yeltz27 wrote: I've had my serious doubts about this management team for nearly two years now
I understand your comments on recent results from what you have read and may even have seen.

But we won the league in April 2014 as Champions winning last 8 games.

Last season we had a difficult start and it was about 10 games in when we seemed to cope with a higher level with the same players. We finished fair higher than most had hoped for at the start of the season,

This season maybe through no fault of the management we have nearly a new squad.
The mangement have continued to try and bring players in.

I am not sure what you expect from the management and team?

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 01 Sep 2015, 14:55

At least at the end of the last year the performances were ok. Not great, but ok. There at least seemed to be some form of tactics and directions.

So far this season I have just witnessed aimless rubbish. To be frank.

I couldn't tell you what our tactics are atm, it's just nothing. It's hopeless.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 01 Sep 2015, 15:44

Raiden, forget it. You and many,many others are seeing it now for what it really is, but the local ostrich farm still seems to be churning some out.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 01 Sep 2015, 16:42

JohnC wrote:
Yeltz27 wrote: I've had my serious doubts about this management team for nearly two years now
I understand your comments on recent results from what you have read and may even have seen.

But we won the league in April 2014 as Champions winning last 8 games.

Last season we had a difficult start and it was about 10 games in when we seemed to cope with a higher level with the same players. We finished fair higher than most had hoped for at the start of the season,

This season maybe through no fault of the management we have nearly a new squad.
The mangement have continued to try and bring players in.

I am not sure what you expect from the management and team?
I did actually post yesterday afternoon that I don't think this management can take us any further. People blame the budget but I think there might be a bit of John Hill only being comfortable managing lower level players. He knows that level better after all. And the league below which we won was probably about the level that the tactics used are ok. But then you need a bit more. We got found out last season and it's only going to get worse from now on in. There's a huge difference between having an ex Sheffield Wednesday player (Hyde) and Spurs player (Caskey) on your bench in comparison to what we've got there now

The game against Workington we won was against a team who's manager and assistant weren't there as well....