Workington AFC

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Workington AFC

Post by RobYeltz » 30 Aug 2015, 10:30

A much improved performance today, credit to the players and management.

I particularly liked how Westwood sat in front of Charles and Hull and directed the play. Not so much in his running around but he used every bit of experience to be in the right place at the right time and was constantly taking to JMG, McGee and Waldron and Morrison I noticed. He was probably a close second to Waldron for my MOTM choice. I thought Deano worked his socks off and his movement and running caused them problems. I particularly liked how he was happy to track back as well and get behind the ball when required.

It's amazing how an early goal helps isn't it? Collectively i thought each of our lads grew a couple of inches in stature after the early goal and I'm sure we can take confidence in the win. Special mention to Sarge as well, when he came off his line to gather at the forwards feet (at 1-0) he had to time that perfectly - a split second out he'd have given away a penalty. He'd not really had much to do up to then so that was brilliant judgement and concentration. JMG looked good on his return too.

After getting zero points from our two away games so far it would be great to get something from the plastic pitch in Sutton. Hopefully we'll have a big away following there to support the lads.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ