Stamford

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
yeltz85
Global Moderator

Re: Stamford

Post by yeltz85 » 27 Aug 2015, 08:59

Don't Halesowen charge £5, £3 and £2 for the same equivalent league cup game?
Isn't it better to have 500 come in at 5 pounds than 262 at 10 pounds? Think how many pints, burgers and chips that the extra number would buy.........
No. Don't forget that not everyone going through the gates are Adults. Id imagine 60% of our supporters are Concessions, then kids & season tickets to include also.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 27 Aug 2015, 15:55

Not specific to the match I know, but whilst there's a discussion around pricing and attendances, I notice the Villa v Blues cup game clashes with the home game against Marine, and it's on TV as well, so expect a reduced crowd even allowing for poor or even improved form.

Maybe the club should be trying to switch it to a Wednesday; ok Walsall is on but that wouldn't take many if any casual supporters away from the Grove.

Noggin
Global Moderator

Post by Noggin » 27 Aug 2015, 17:23

yeltz85 wrote: No. Don't forget that not everyone going through the gates are Adults. Id imagine 60% of our supporters are Concessions, then kids & season tickets to include also.
The most recent figure I was quoted was 53% pensioners. I was told this by the man who would know but I am sure he will correct me on here if needed

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 27 Aug 2015, 17:41

hairysaddlebags wrote:With this talk of ticket pricing, do the club have the ability to unilaterally decide to charge a different entrance fee for selected league games? I was under the impression that all clubs in this league have to agree to charge the same amount for entrance, hence the £10 figure. The only leeway for different ticket pricing I believe is for the cup competitions?
That isn't right, Ilkeston charge £6 and Salford £6
Skelmersdale (with no running water and a poor view) charge £9

There may be the odd £9 but the vast majority charge £10

I don't agree that you should charge different amounts for different clubs at this level if I'm honest. The only exception to that would be if we had a cup game with a substantially bigger crowd of 3-4k

It'll be interesting to see when we play in the league cup or B'ham Senior Cup how many fans we get when we charge £5 Yeltz27.

It would be interesting to see if reducing the price on a Tuesday night by a couple of quid for a league game would encourage more people to come to the game. Maybe it is worth a try?
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Aug 2015, 17:48

I'm not in favour of reducing admission prices. We all want to see more quality on the pitch and less money coming in will not achieve that, will it?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 27 Aug 2015, 18:01

To carry on from that, I'm so sure the gripe here is quality and not price that I'll throw this thought into the ring. If we were told that by paying £12 a game it would ASSURE us the title and good football our crowds would not drop at all. I know in the real world that promise would not be made, but if it was and it came to be, people would not even mention the cost of admission. We just want to spend our valuable time being entertained.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 27 Aug 2015, 18:23

andy wrote:I'm not in favour of reducing admission prices. We all want to see more quality on the pitch and less money coming in will not achieve that, will it?
Nail on head. That is why I feel more fans should be spending more money in the club shop and the bar. If 50 more people had their last pre match pint in the James Grove Lounge instead of their local how much more money would that generate?
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 27 Aug 2015, 19:09

juanillo wrote:Not specific to the match I know, but whilst there's a discussion around pricing and attendances, I notice the Villa v Blues cup game clashes with the home game against Marine, and it's on TV as well, so expect a reduced crowd even allowing for poor or even improved form.

Maybe the club should be trying to switch it to a Wednesday; ok Walsall is on but that wouldn't take many if any casual supporters away from the Grove.
Wednesday night would suit me! As I must admit that the Villa vs Blues game would be more appealing to me from a personal viewpoint. Also from a selfish viewpoint as that way I would be able to go to the two games.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 27 Aug 2015, 19:32

andy wrote:To carry on from that, I'm so sure the gripe here is quality and not price that I'll throw this thought into the ring. If we were told that by paying £12 a game it would ASSURE us the title and good football our crowds would not drop at all. I know in the real world that promise would not be made, but if it was and it came to be, people would not even mention the cost of admission. We just want to spend our valuable time being entertained.
Absolutely spot on. What we are watching on the pitch at the moment is a complete waste of money. As I said last night, it's reckless what is going on. Yes we have to give to support the club, but they have to give back to us. Bang the ball long to your hearts content, but it's not doing the club any favours whether it's results or fans turning up

I don't know why but I find the keep bringing up the facilities slightly annoying. Dreadful toilets, poor bars etc are all part of the non league experience for me. It doesn't matter. Don't get me wrong, yes the James Grove is very nice, and brings in money at the bar, but give me more quality on the pitch over ground improvements any day

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 27 Aug 2015, 20:09

At the end of the day there's no right or wrong way to follow a club. Some just want to turn up pay on the gate and go. Some invest their own time and money in the club. Some just go to home games. Some go to all games. Some will go no matter what. Some only go when we win. Some want to be entertained and watch football and the result isn't necessarily the most important factor.

What ever the reason you pay your money or don't if you don't want to go. Either way the club needs that money and it's on par with this level. It's a fair and reasonable price.

To be brutally frank if people don't want to pay to watch the long ball tactics, I totally understand that. But it's not going to help the club in the long run - by voting with your feet. The football stands more chance of improving if gate receipts are good.

I fear people will stop going unless the on pitch performances improve. Which, when all said and done is understandable.