Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stamford

Post by hot55 » 26 Aug 2015, 17:08

Haha so funny spilt me coffee

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 26 Aug 2015, 17:19

When Connor told you to, "Put his tea on", that's not what he meant...

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 26 Aug 2015, 18:21

Tbf Connor Collins is one of a handful who look capable at this level. Two others are the GK's. Cooper & Parsons Smith look more than capable and Denny should we play to his strengths. The other players need to improve a lot and drastically fast.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 26 Aug 2015, 22:18

I didn't go last night, I paid 15 pounds to go to the Villa. Admittedly, I'm a Villa fan first and foremost, but that doesn't mean I don't care about the Yeltz. I do massively.

Anyway, for 15 pounds I saw 8 goals and two future superstars in Jack Grealish and Adama Traore. It was 8 pounds to go to the B-lose and similar for the Albion. I know that this pricing dosent always apply as I am a regular at the Villa, but it does show how absurd the ten pounds entry is at the Grove. Especially on a night when all the local clubs were at home. Anybody with any marketing sense would have picked up on this.

Isn't it better to have 500 come in at 5 pounds than 262 at 10 pounds? Think how many pints, burgers and chips that the extra number would buy.........

P.S. Before John C or anybody picks up on my Villa point, I did at least 20 Yeltz games last season, the season before that and so on. And no doubt will do the same this season, next season etc.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 26 Aug 2015, 23:00

Yeltz27 wrote:I didn't go last night, I paid 15 pounds to go to the Villa. Admittedly, I'm a Villa fan first and foremost, but that doesn't mean I don't care about the Yeltz. I do massively.

Anyway, for 15 pounds I saw 8 goals and two future superstars in Jack Grealish and Adama Traore. It was 8 pounds to go to the B-lose and similar for the Albion. I know that this pricing dosent always apply as I am a regular at the Villa, but it does show how absurd the ten pounds entry is at the Grove. Especially on a night when all the local clubs were at home. Anybody with any marketing sense would have picked up on this.

P.S. Before John C or anybody picks up on my Villa point, I did at least 20 Yeltz games last season, the season before that and so on. And no doubt will do the same this season, next season etc.
I sort of hear you with this point. I'm a season ticket holder at the Villa too so I go to Yeltz games whenever I can. I made the decision to go to the Yeltz last night. That's my choice, as was your choice to go to the Villa. I could have gone to the Villa and saw a drab 0-0 game, and could have missed an 8 goal thriller at the Yeltz. Unfortunately I suppose you could say I picked the wrong option last night.

As has been mentioned before, with the £10 entry you're not just paying to watch the game but for the upkeep of the ground etc. Plus the price is paid before before the game.

I suppose you could say based on £10 last night it wasn't value for money.

I've been to Villa many times and paid £30/40 for a game which hasn't been value for money because it's been dire to watch and we've lost, none more so than last season. However you still go because you're a fan and you go because you enjoy it and support the team.

Mine last night was to support Halesowen, maybe you could say I made the wrong choice based on the result, but that's football.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 26 Aug 2015, 23:03

Yeltz27 wrote:I didn't go last night, I paid 15 pounds to go to the Villa. Admittedly, I'm a Villa fan first and foremost, but that doesn't mean I don't care about the Yeltz. I do massively.

Isn't it better to have 500 come in at 5 pounds than 262 at 10 pounds? Think how many pints, burgers and chips that the extra number would buy.........

There are a good number of people with marketing sense, sadly those people don't get the same amount of money from television companies as their full time neighbours either. Looking around at the crowd last night there wasn't many folk who'd paid a full £10. Had the Yeltz charged £5 would it have increased the gate? If it was £5 at Halesowen last night would you have been at The Grove or Villa Park? Halesowen charge £10 because they have to to survive. Villa didn't need to charge anything last night, but decided to charge a minimum price ticket of £15 I believe it was?
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 26 Aug 2015, 23:22

RobYeltz wrote:

There are a good number of people with marketing sense, sadly those people don't get the same amount of money from television companies as their full time neighbours either. Looking around at the crowd last night there wasn't many folk who'd paid a full £10. Had the Yeltz charged £5 would it have increased the gate? If it was £5 at Halesowen last night would you have been at The Grove or Villa Park? Halesowen charge £10 because they have to to survive. Villa didn't need to charge anything last night, but decided to charge a minimum price ticket of £15 I believe it was?
No the Villa lowest price was £12, and actually, yes it would have made a huge difference had the Yeltz been cheaper. I spent all night on my phone checking the forum and I spent my whole journey to the villa saying I wish id gone to the Grove. This is a fact.

Had it been £5, my dad, mom etc. would all have gone instead of us all going to the Villa.That's a loss of at least £20, chips, cup of tea if it was £5 entry. We didn't know the Villa would be entertaining, after all, I did spend three years watching Paul Lambert football. But what I did know was there would be absolutely no entertainment at the Grove as there hasn't been for so long. So we made our choice.

No the Yeltz don't have the financial clout of the Villa, Albion etc. But that's why what is going on on the pitch is so reckless at the moment, it is going to turn people away. We dont have a single player who excites. We had Chris Lait, why on earth was he allowed to leave? As others have questioned selection last night, why is griffiths not playing? What is going on? Yet in the manager we trust. Why ? It's complete and utter mismanagement and garbage.

Non league can't rely on TV money and huge gates, so the football and entertainment on offer is even more paramount, even though we all accept this will never be the highest quality when we go in

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 26 Aug 2015, 23:39

There must be something about playing Stamford.
The only other time Match Updates got to 10 pages was Stamford last October.

..and I wrongly thought this post would start page 10.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 27 Aug 2015, 06:52

I think you've missed the point in ticket pricing all together, Yeltz 27. In principle you make a good point BUT Villa, Blues and Albion don't need to charge £15/20 or £40 in some cases for games. They get most of their revenue from TV deals.

Halesowen need to charge £10, which is par for this level, just to help keep the club afloat.

Even then £10 a game doesn't guarantee the club's solvency. They rely on other income, sponsorship, bar money, food, programmes and any cup run money.

It's difficult for non league clubs to even break even.

So to compare ticket prices between professional and non professional clubs is ridiculous.

hairysaddlebags
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by hairysaddlebags » 27 Aug 2015, 07:58

With this talk of ticket pricing, do the club have the ability to unilaterally decide to charge a different entrance fee for selected league games? I was under the impression that all clubs in this league have to agree to charge the same amount for entrance, hence the £10 figure. The only leeway for different ticket pricing I believe is for the cup competitions?