Stamford

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
venki
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stamford

Post by venki » 26 Aug 2015, 09:38

I'm going to go against the grain here and say the were some positives last night. The last ten minutes of the first half and the whole of the second half I thought we played quite well. We created chances but either poor finishing or good keeping meant we didn't convert them. We did win the second half one nil though

Isaac Cooper will become a great player when he gets more experienced in terms of positioning and finishing.

The one thing that's puzzling me is why Chris Westwood isn't starting, we look so much more solid at the back when he plays.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 26 Aug 2015, 09:45

venki wrote:I'm going to go against the grain here and say the were some positives last night. The last ten minutes of the first half and the whole of the second half I thought we played quite well. We created chances but either poor finishing or good keeping meant we didn't convert them. We did win the second half one nil though

Isaac Cooper will become a great player when he gets more experienced in terms of positioning and finishing.

The one thing that's puzzling me is why Chris Westwood isn't starting, we look so much more solid at the back when he plays.
Did you miss their second half goal?
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 26 Aug 2015, 10:00

I find it very difficult to take any positive away from last night & the other two defeats. You can’t point to the second half and say ‘we played well’. We simply did not. Stamford just shut up shop and took what they had.

Anything positive is just clutching at straws, I'm afraid.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 26 Aug 2015, 10:27

YeltzDoc wrote: It would be nice to hear from the club, there were positive noises coming out during the close season, and a follow-up given the restless nature of the natives, could only help.
Seems that I only had to ask...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2620

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve Glass » 26 Aug 2015, 10:59

Here's some straws.... I can now hear the names of players who are playing well or badly. I have only come away disappointed and spent 20 quid plus bovril on 2 home games so far. It seemed last night that 2 defenders were poor at defending but quite good when going forwards. The exciting forward who has played at much higher levels must surely regain his first touch soon and be able to lamp a ball into the next from some yards. The season finishes on 23rd April 2016 so it doesn't matter much where we are in the league now, its where we finish and how much we enjoy it along the way. For sure I cant work out what on earth we were trying in friendlies to create the kind of performances we have seen so far, why we have an ex Walsall defender warming the bench when leaking goals from crosses etc and what seem to be players less fit than the opposition but its early yet and following the Yeltz has never been easy. I still plan to invest another £10 + on Saturday and beyond. By all means use this forum for therapy (as this might be) but hang on in there.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 26 Aug 2015, 11:23

venki wrote:I'm going to go against the grain here and say the were some positives last night. The last ten minutes of the first half and the whole of the second half I thought we played quite well. We created chances but either poor finishing or good keeping meant we didn't convert them. We did win the second half one nil though.
You're kidding, right?
We started ok for about the first 5 minutes and had 10 good minutes after our goal. The rest was unadulterated rubbish. What some of you must see is completely beyond me. And we didn't win the second half either.... ???

venki
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by venki » 26 Aug 2015, 11:27

Oops, cocked up the 'won the second half' thing, forgot they scored second half.

I just thought we looked a lot more likely to score than we did against Colwyn Bay, had some good chances (Hull's header tipped over the bar, a penalty, ball that was cleared off their goal line straight after we scored our first), and could see some improvement in passing and movement.

Anyway, sorry for putting my point of view, I'll start moaning and whingeing now if that'll make you feel better ;D

hot55
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by hot55 » 26 Aug 2015, 15:52

The Striker up front round around achieved nothing missed a penalty did nothing else,

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 26 Aug 2015, 16:04

hot55 wrote:The Striker up front round around achieved nothing missed a penalty did nothing else,
Yeah- should bring on that lad on the bench. What's his name, again? I can't remember but he looks like Brad Pitt and plays like Lionel Messi. He'll save the day.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 26 Aug 2015, 16:54

piearce9 wrote:
hot55 wrote:The Striker up front round around achieved nothing missed a penalty did nothing else,
Yeah- should bring on that lad on the bench. What's his name, again? I can't remember but he looks like Brad Pitt and plays like Lionel Messi. He'll save the day.
Leave hot55 alone!

I always think that it's lovely when someone's mum comes on here to tell us all what a nice lad he is.