Stamford

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stamford

Post by RaidenYeltz » 25 Aug 2015, 22:30

Unless big changes are made. Which I can't see. I see nothing but relegation.

OmmerUmYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by OmmerUmYeltz » 25 Aug 2015, 22:34

1 bad loss, or even 3, isn't my main concern. How did we lose 80 per cent of a good team, an Assistant Manager and a major financial backer, all in 3 months?

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 25 Aug 2015, 22:40

RaidenYeltz wrote:
Johnny Bud wrote:Attendance: 262
How many will come back and watch this rubbish?
Not many I suspect. In the past people have voted with their feet due to mismanagement of the club etc, so returned when there was a fresh start. When watching month after month of dross though people think differently and may not ever bother again.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 25 Aug 2015, 22:59

andy wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:
Johnny Bud wrote:Attendance: 262
How many will come back and watch this rubbish?
Not many I suspect. In the past people have voted with their feet due to mismanagement of the club etc, so returned when there was a fresh start. When watching month after month of dross though people think differently and may not ever bother again.
Dare I say...Rome is burning.

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 25 Aug 2015, 23:08

That was by far the least passionate a team I have seen at the Grove in my short time here, the team hasn't seemed to gel at all, between the 10 outfield players they seemed to playing around 3 different formations.

I honestly struggled to choose the man of the match.

Last season all i could hear was shouting coming from the dug out, instructions, encouragment, we all know Trev was no shrinking violet but there was hardly anything tonight at all, just an instruction for Denny to sort them out, but must have fell on deaf ears as said player never past the instruction on

Answers on a postcard

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 25 Aug 2015, 23:11

wednesburystokie wrote:That was by far the least passionate a team I have seen at the Grove in my short time here, the team hasn't seemed to gel at all, between the 10 outfield players they seemed to playing around 3 different formations.

I honestly struggled to choose the man of the match.

Last season all i could hear was shouting coming from the dug out, instructions, encouragment, we all know Trev was no shrinking violet but there was hardly anything tonight at all, just an instruction for Denny to sort them out, but must have fell on deaf ears as said player never past the instruction on

Answers on a postcard
Matt Clarke biding his time. And the players know it.

That's all I have?

Washy002
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Washy002 » 25 Aug 2015, 23:11

Dare I say...Rome is burning.[/quote]

Unfortunately those bridges have been burnt

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 25 Aug 2015, 23:49

Heaven forbid but after that I can see a repeat of 5 seasons ago.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 26 Aug 2015, 08:24

The morning after the night before...

Defensively naive, poor concentration, not streetwise at all. I'm not taking anything away from Stamford who did the job on us, but seeing their No9 dominate was embarrassing. Yes, he may have played at a high standard before, and he certainly used his head in more than one way but not once did we - 'one infront - one behind' mark/block him. They appealed for every free kick, cleverly won free kicks and we collectively were like rabbits in the headlights at times. Seeing some of our lads moaning to the referee was just desperate. Players who should be doing better. They looked quicker than us in most places on the pitch. There is only so much JH and MC can do from the sidelines and the players need to manage the game themselves at times and can't be directed on every single aspect of the game. They're not playing Under 11's football and need to take responsibility.

The commitment of the players is another thing, where was Darkin and Taylor last night again? Yet we see Asa Charlton there and the injured Bragoli spectating? Aaron Griffiths who is experienced at this level is on the bench? I'm not knocking some of the younger players who are clearly trying their best but they need help, not necessarily with players who are stepping down either as they don't appear to be able to cope with this league or they have underestimated how tough the NPL is. In my opinion this squad needs a bigger number of players who know what this league is about to help the likes of Cooper, Collins and Morrison who all look decent prospects.

I really hope though that people don't vote with their feet, supporting a team when things aren't great is when the support is most needed. Anyone can support a winning team when everything is rosy in the garden.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 26 Aug 2015, 09:08

An interesting aside before the autopsy continues. We had the highest number of users ever online last night.
People love a bit of misery don't they?

From what little I've seen, we're in for a long season, but it won't be the first time and it'll never be as bad as under he who must not be named.

It would be nice to hear from the club, there were positive noises coming out during the close season, and a follow-up given the restless nature of the natives, could only help.