Skelmersdale

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Skelmersdale

Post by RaidenYeltz » 24 Aug 2015, 14:24

BBNOW100 wrote:
However if you charged £5 for entry fee, we would be halving the income from gates and therefore have an even lower budget. And would halving the entry fee double the crowds? I very much doubt it. £10 is pretty much the going rate at this level and I think that is superb value for money really.
Completely agree. You could even go a step further. Would charging £12 dramatically decrease attendance? I doubt it.

As I just posted, the club have got pricing spot on. As with the merchandise, particularly the shirts, represent excellent value.

The club is making good strides facility wise.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 24 Aug 2015, 14:43

For what we are watching at the moment £10 is too much. Nobody is expecting excellent stuff at the grove, I never have. But I expect a little more than we get now. It is all linked to Raiden's point about the sales at the bar etc, where is the money going if we keep being told there's no budget? Tickets get more expensive as you go up the levels, no problem, but with that you expect slightly better players at each progressive step. At the moment it seems we are paying more yet watching far less quality. Would the Arsenal fans for example pay what they do and then be happy if they signed championship players? I know that's an exaggeration but if we are signing players from 2 to 3 levels below, and just belting the ball long, don't expect people to pay that much.

I obviously still will pay, but I am feeling pretty irritated when I'm stood there seeing another long throw being flung into the box. For the extra 2 pounds entry from when in the division below, I haven't seen any upgrade in quality

welshyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by welshyeltz » 24 Aug 2015, 15:50

RaidenYeltz wrote:So shocked, you posted it twice.

You buying, Welshy?
I usually do

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 24 Aug 2015, 17:45

Yeltz27 wrote:For what we are watching at the moment £10 is too much. Nobody is expecting excellent stuff at the grove, I never have. But I expect a little more than we get now. It is all linked to Raiden's point about the sales at the bar etc, where is the money going if we keep being told there's no budget? Tickets get more expensive as you go up the levels, no problem, but with that you expect slightly better players at each progressive step. At the moment it seems we are paying more yet watching far less quality. Would the Arsenal fans for example pay what they do and then be happy if they signed championship players? I know that's an exaggeration but if we are signing players from 2 to 3 levels below, and just belting the ball long, don't expect people to pay that much.

I obviously still will pay, but I am feeling pretty irritated when I'm stood there seeing another long throw being flung into the box. For the extra 2 pounds entry from when in the division below, I haven't seen any upgrade in quality
If you had bought a season ticket this season, or a flexi season ticket for that matter, you would pay significantly less per game, that way you might feel you are getting better value for your money. I for example have got the flexi season ticket so I have paid £80 for 12 games which works out at £6.66 per game - which I feel is excellent value for money.

Just saying....

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 24 Aug 2015, 18:41

Yeltz27 wrote:For what we are watching at the moment £10 is too much. Nobody is expecting excellent stuff at the grove, I never have. But I expect a little more than we get now. It is all linked to Raiden's point about the sales at the bar etc, where is the money going if we keep being told there's no budget? Tickets get more expensive as you go up the levels, no problem, but with that you expect slightly better players at each progressive step. At the moment it seems we are paying more yet watching far less quality. Would the Arsenal fans for example pay what they do and then be happy if they signed championship players? I know that's an exaggeration but if we are signing players from 2 to 3 levels below, and just belting the ball long, don't expect people to pay that much.

I agree that the quality is lacking but you can't expect clubs to lower their admission charges. As a club moves up the non league ladder bear in mind that the travel costs go up. We're charging the going rate for the league.

Offering cheaper season tickets can help to raise income early on if a lot can be sold. Bradford City offered season tickets for less than £150 and have well over 15,000 who took up the offer. That's less than £6.50 a match and a guaranteed big crowd atmosphere but at non league Step 3 attracting a proportionally huge number is just not viable.

However with our gate income exceeding many NPL clubs by the order of around £20k or more last season then I would hope we'd be able to at least maintain the level the club has worked so hard to attain.

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 24 Aug 2015, 19:21

If a tenner is too dear would it be expected that the club lowers the admission fee whilst the team wasn't doing well?

If so, would the club be entitled to increase to admission prices if, for example they were in a promotion push?

Or, you could halve the admission prices for the season, half the income generated by the club, have an even worse playing surface than we have now, have sod all in the players budget and very quickly run out of steam and fold, which certainly seems to be the remit of some of late.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 24 Aug 2015, 19:43

Ok, I'm evidently wrong. However, I am involved in the performance industry so know a fair amount about the pressures of performance and ticket sales/costs. If I served up the equivalent of what we are watching at the moment I wouldn't feel comfortable with people paying that much to watch. Obviously my own experiences influence how I feel

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 24 Aug 2015, 19:55

Yeltz27 wrote:Ok, I'm evidently wrong. However, I am involved in the performance industry myself so know a fair amount about the pressures of performance and ticket sales/costs. If I served up the equivalent of the dross that we are watching at the moment I wouldn't feel comfortable with people paying that much to watch. Evidently my own experiences influence how I feel
I'd never knock anyones opinion, admission prices are an absolute pain to anyone involved, especially when you offer any kind of loyalty bonus, in this case season tickets.

even rewarding fans on non-league day is difficult enough as to not upset the season ticket holders.

I'm attending my first league match tomorrow night, I may be the lucky charm, then again..... ;D

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 24 Aug 2015, 20:10

Yeltz27 wrote: However, I am involved in the performance industry so know a fair amount about the pressures of performance and ticket sales/costs.
Alberto Salazar, I knew it was you all along.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 24 Aug 2015, 20:56

Yeltz27 wrote:Ok, I'm evidently wrong. However, I am involved in the performance industry so know a fair amount about the pressures of performance and ticket sales/costs. If I served up the equivalent of what we are watching at the moment I wouldn't feel comfortable with people paying that much to watch. Obviously my own experiences influence how I feel
I guess the difference between putting on a performance and a game of football is in football the outcome is much subjective. For example, you could play well and lose and the team is applauded off for their efforts. We could play poorly and win and the team still gets applauded off. Some might feel that unless they play like Brazil 1970 they're still not good enough and be miserable swines irrespective of the outcome. It's all about opinions. In the performance industry I should imagine before you buy a ticket to a show you have a reasonable idea what to expect. I'd never go and see One Direction as however good some might say they are it just ain't my thing.

For £10 I think you get a pretty decent deal, remember your not only paying for the game but to help upkeep the facilities. Which if you compare The Grove to places like Skelmersdale, (not even any running water in the toilets), Barwell, Rushall, Ramsbottom the facilities are far superior and you get a decent view with the opportunity to pay for decent food and reasonable beer.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ