Skelmersdale

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Skelmersdale

Post by Yeltz27 » 23 Aug 2015, 19:16

beastyyeltz wrote:I think its hard for the club to actually to make any sort of statement on their expectations, simply because I don't think any of us know what to expect. We have lost the majority of our squad from last season and have just brought in a lot of fresh faces, so its difficult to know what to expect.

Our new look squad could gel very soon and improve on last season's position or finish in the same position, or we could be in for a long season where we struggle for the majority and the dreaded 'R' word might be muttered. We won't know where our season is heading until after quite a few games, so I'm guessing that's why we've heard little from the club on their expectations for this season.
Don't you set your expectations and targets and then plan accordingly? You don't wait till 10 games in, see how it's going and then decide this is what we were after. If you do then it's pretty poor

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 23 Aug 2015, 20:35

Maybe if the fans forum had not been postponed! we would all be a little wiser on the ambitions for the season

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 24 Aug 2015, 13:56

We had the second highest average attendance last year - second only to FC Utd.

We have a bar which generates good income.

So I'd like to ask, isn't our budget up there and therefore shouldn't we be challenging at the top.

I guess I already know the answer...many clubs at this level have several investors. Investing 'silly' money. I'd therefore go a step further and ask, why can't we attract investors? Do the club actively look for investments?

Either way a club like this, with good support, good locality and good facilities shouldn't be using the 'we've got a small budget' excuse.

If the club is making good profit or has outside investment then what's the money being used for? What's John Hill's budget for this season. It'd be interesting to know.

From what I've seen this year - early stages, I know - the players just do not cut it. They're not good enough. Which in turn suggests we have a small budget.

I've got a horrible feeling that lack of outside investment will come back and bite us in the arse. If only we knew someone who was willing to put money in the club...
Last edited by RaidenYeltz on 24 Aug 2015, 14:11, edited 2 times in total.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 24 Aug 2015, 14:03

RaidenYeltz wrote:We had the second highest average attendance last year - second only to FC Utd.

We have a bar which generates good income.

So I'd like to ask, isn't our budget up there and therefore shouldn't we be challenging at the top.

I guess I already know the answer...many clubs at this level have several investors. Investing 'silly' money. I'd therefore go a step further and ask, why can't we attract investors? Do the club actively look for investments?

Either way a club like this, with good support, good locality and good facilities shouldn't be using the 'we've got a small budget' excuse.

If the clubs is making good profit or has outside investment then what's the money being used for? What's John Hill's budget for this season. It'd be interesting to know.
This is a good post raiden. I agree with you. One of my main gripes is the 10 pound entry to watch what we do at the moment. If that is the entry price then I think it's quite right you could expect to see a lot more than we do. I've said it before, but if we were paying 4 or 5 pounds entry that would be about right at the moment for what is served up
Last edited by Yeltz27 on 24 Aug 2015, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 24 Aug 2015, 14:07

Totally agree!
How about that then Owen.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 24 Aug 2015, 14:09

I have absolutely no gripes with entry fee. Or season ticket prices. It's spot on from the club IMO.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 24 Aug 2015, 14:10

andy wrote:Totally agree!
How about that then Owen.
Who stepped on the butterfly.

welshyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by welshyeltz » 24 Aug 2015, 14:13

Andy and Raiden in agreement ? They will be sharing a beer next.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 24 Aug 2015, 14:14

So shocked, you posted it twice.

You buying, Welshy?

BBNOW100
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BBNOW100 » 24 Aug 2015, 14:16

However if you charged £5 for entry fee, we would be halving the income from gates and therefore have an even lower budget. And would halving the entry fee double the crowds? I very much doubt it. £10 is pretty much the going rate at this level and I think that is superb value for money really.
#YeltzTV