Skelmersdale

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Skelmersdale

Post by JohnC » 25 Aug 2015, 06:52

Interesting how people want to know all about the financial information, budgets etc, of the club.

How many of you know what your works financial position is? Profit, Budgets etc.

Why is the expectation different with our football club?
Just because you pay £10 on the gate (or less if concession and season ticket holders).

How many people actually pay the £10? I see alot of our fan base are senior or kids.

How many people spend their money in the James Grove Lounge prior and post match or use the local clubs and pubs in the area?

How many people put more than £10 into the club and I don't mean cash.
I mean time to make the club tick.
For those who turn up 10 mins, 30 mins before kick off and leave at fulltime you don't see what it takes to run ANY non league club be it Conference North \ South, our level or Midland Alliance.

The increase from £8 to £10 seemed high - would you prefer the club did 50p each year. There were several years when it remained at £8. What has happened to all your other costs - utilities, food, fuel, holidays etc.

People go on about long throws and the long ball. How many 90 minute games have you seen. I love watching our highlights because it reminds me of things I have forgotten in supporting the team on the pitch for 90 minutes each game.

I personally do not think in the last three games and last season we have only done long throws and long balls. But yes it will happen in a game. If we have a long thrower why not use it as part of an overall strategy.

Tom Tonks last night came on for our neighbours and his throw resulted in their third goal.

Sometimes it works, other times it does not.

Yes I like to win every game, as i am sure the players and management starting every game at 0-0 want to go out, peform their best and win. But don't forget they are up against another team trying to do the same.

How many of us do a full time job and committ the time the players do for three sessions a week be it games or training? I am sure that at our level they do not do it just for the money.
Think about the away days or nights. Mid-week not getting home until mid-night or later being at work the next day. Think about Saturday like Skem the coach left about 10.30 a.m. did not get back unti about 8 plus then they may have to get home from the Grove.

I do not think we are one direction.

It takes seconds \ minutes to post on here and be a critic. Try and spare a minute to look at the bigger picture.

BBNOW100
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BBNOW100 » 25 Aug 2015, 08:14

Well said JC.
#YeltzTV

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 25 Aug 2015, 08:51

John C- just a couple of points:

If players at our level don't do it for the money why do players who play every game leave and sign for clubs at the same level (and I am not referring to anyone in particular- it happens year in, year out)?

Also lots of people work, train and play football. I wish I got paid to play for Halesowen rather than paying £5 subs on a Sunday. That really is playing for the 'love of it'.

Also, yes I know exactly the budget and spending of my work. We have to justify every penny we spend to the governors. Also, as you know, I'm involved with the Yeltz Bar and at every agm we share our accounts with members. So in realty, (as we have many financially astute supporters), I believe they are within their rights to ask questions if they wish. After all, this isn't North Korea.

Anyway, I will see you tonight after I've spent my money in the pub of my choice ;)

Up the Yeltz!!
Last edited by Johnny Bud on 25 Aug 2015, 09:02, edited 1 time in total.

Laurel Lane Lamper
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Laurel Lane Lamper » 25 Aug 2015, 09:01

Well said Johnny Bud ;D

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 25 Aug 2015, 10:30

John C, for some reason you seem to think I don't go to the games. You have made a lot of assumptions in your post.

I have told you before, I have helped with things at the club in the past, whether that be at the working parties or with the club website so don't need to be told about making the club "tick". I have also said on here that I would happily have attended the working parties had I not been away virtually everytime there has been one.

And yes I know a little bit about committing time to training and working. Try doing a 54 mile hike over the roughest terrain in Britain in 18 hrs (non stop) with 5000 metres of ascent which I did last summer. No its not football, but it takes a hell of a lot of time investing into training for that when you are exhausted. And i often don't finish work until 10pm, or even worse 2am. I would love to be paid any amount to go running or whatever to train.

You are very much in the defend John Hill at all costs camp. Many posters on here want to encourage more people to come. If I turned up for the first time and saw what is on offer at the moment I'm not sure I'd come back. If you think we have witnessed anything other than long ball and long throws for two years, I don't know what you've been watching. The only option we had that was different was Chris Lait, and he was regularly left on the bench. So that tells you all you need to know

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 25 Aug 2015, 18:36

I forgot John, before your time here nothing ever happened. Nobody did anything, nobody ever went to any games as you do. Thank god you've arrived.