Mick Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Mick Updates

Post by RaidenYeltz » 19 Aug 2015, 18:53

Yeltz27 wrote:It's all very well keep saying in John Hill we trust. But he's the one that has signed these inferior players and sets the team up to play that way. We were dreadful for the last third of last season and it's now continuing. New players, new coach, but John Hill is the one remaining and it's still long ball and long throws. Eventually there comes a time when questions should be asked. The thought of watching another season of that is so depressing. It's ok saying get behind the manager and player, but they have to give something to shout about in return. I don't share the faith that things will miraculously just change
Does John have a budget to sign adequate players?

You look at many a squad in this league and look at the experience of players. Many have players either on loan from league clubs or have ex league players with vast experience.

Maybe you should be asking if there's enough money about. And if there's not the budget that's needed at this level, available to John, you should maybe start asking why that is...

Just a thought.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 19 Aug 2015, 19:05

RaidenYeltz wrote:
Yeltz27 wrote:It's all very well keep saying in John Hill we trust. But he's the one that has signed these inferior players and sets the team up to play that way. We were dreadful for the last third of last season and it's now continuing. New players, new coach, but John Hill is the one remaining and it's still long ball and long throws. Eventually there comes a time when questions should be asked. The thought of watching another season of that is so depressing. It's ok saying get behind the manager and player, but they have to give something to shout about in return. I don't share the faith that things will miraculously just change

You look at many a squad in this league and look at the experience of players. Many have players either on loan from league clubs or have ex league players with vast experience.

Maybe you should be asking if there's enough money about. And if there's not the budget that's needed at this level, available to John, you should maybe start asking why that is...

Just a thought.
That might well be true. But why spend any of the budget that he does have on a player who is evidently there just to take a long throw?

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 19 Aug 2015, 19:13

Yeltz27 wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:

Just a thought.
That might well be true. But why spend any of the budget that he does have on a player who is evidently there just to take a long throw?
I think that is a little harsh on young Isaac Cooper. There is far more to him as a player than just a throw in. He certainly has a lot to learn, but he's a very decent player with much promise. He can play on either wing, deliver a decent cross and he ain't bad at free kicks either.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 19 Aug 2015, 19:24

Yes sorry I didn't mean it like that. I dont dislike him as a player and think he has potential. But it does seem convenient that he takes a ridiculously long throw as well and after watching two years of it you have to say it doesn't look like things are going to change. More and more people are picking up on it now and people aren't going to pay to go and watch it. It's dire.

Going to the Yeltz should be fun, that's what non league football should be about. I love going but this warped form of rugby union we play (bang it long, hope somebody heads it out near their box,throw it in) is unwatchable and it isn't fun, other than being with people I enjoy being with. I don't care about the results so much, if we go down we go down. I just want some entertainment which I don't get with the stress of supporting the villa

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 19 Aug 2015, 19:33

I quite like that we have a long throw as an option, but yesterday in particular was frustrating, not once did we take a quick throw, or throw to get behind their well organised defence. Their defenders headed all but one throw in, and even the one that Joe Hull won was from about 15 yards and was nearer to hitting me than the goal. That is all it should be - an option. Isaac's throws aren't as flat as Tonksy's nor thrown in with as much pace. With Tonks' throws often the pace was already on the ball meaning any kind of head contact would see the ball in or near the ball. With Isaac's the player heading the ball has got to get the power on the ball as well.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 19 Aug 2015, 21:30

D,dazza, you say the vast majority agree with the 'in JH we trust' and all that. I haven't spoke to ANYBODY that has much faith at all in the way we have been heading for months and months now. I've no idea who these 'majority' are.

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 19 Aug 2015, 23:50

andy wrote:D,dazza, you say the vast majority agree with the 'in JH we trust' and all that. I haven't spoke to ANYBODY that has much faith at all in the way we have been heading for months and months now. I've no idea who these 'majority' are.

Well I bet you haven't spoken to many people then that's all I am going to say.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 20 Aug 2015, 08:17

I'm 100% behind John Hill, I firmly believe we have a fantastic manager and in Kev Barry and Matt Clarke two fantastic support staff / coaches.

What I will say is that he isn't immune to criticism. He will, of course, make mistakes. After all look at the level we're playing at. If he was a perfect manager he'd be coaching at Premier League level! - with the greatest of respect to John.

The biggest challenge he faces is the fact he can no longer rely on 'last years title winning success' and a lot of people will wrongly or rightly point to how we ended last season. Which in all honesty was very poor.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 20 Aug 2015, 09:25

dazzlingdazza wrote:
andy wrote:D,dazza, you say the vast majority agree with the 'in JH we trust' and all that. I haven't spoke to ANYBODY that has much faith at all in the way we have been heading for months and months now. I've no idea who these 'majority' are.

Well I bet you haven't spoken to many people then that's all I am going to say.
Unfortunately you'd be wrong. I guess it could all be budget related but the style of play is surely what is being asked from the bench. Its currently very disappointing I'm afraid no matter how some may decide to dress it up.

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 20 Aug 2015, 09:41

I have definitely got a bigger, better dog than all of you.

WOOF!

:-[