Mick Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
spongeyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Mick Updates

Post by spongeyeltz » 18 Aug 2015, 23:05

RaidenYeltz wrote:
piearce9 wrote:A woeful performance. Quite possibly the poorest I've witnessed under the Hill regime.

I feel harsh being so critical after the second game of the season, especially as I came away from Saturday feeling relatively happy, but we've put at least four players out there tonight that are out of their depth.

Connolly I'm convinced is a S*******dge secret agent, Gurpal was a much of a spectator as I was, and we played four strikers tonight and none had a shot on goal. And where was Darkin?

I've said it'll take patience this year, but there will have to be some sort of remedial action on the back of that performance tonight.
Darkin isn't playing as we're accommodated for a Worcester loanee who's here to get match fit. Make of that what you will.

It's hard to be critical of the midfield when they're bypassed so much by the current long ball tactics.

It was so poor - certainly the poorest I've seen in my short time following yeltz weekly.

But, it's two games down. We go again. It can't get worse.
Christ alive, i hope your wrong about that. Darius is the one bright spark I've seen so far. We need to keep talent like that. I was going to post after Saturdays game that we looked better at the back and in midfield when Westy and Darkin came on. Connolly is probably a stop gap till Ashley is fit.

CRH Yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRH Yeltz » 18 Aug 2015, 23:30

Just back from Derby, it was painful from start to finish. No cohesion at all, not creating chances and it looked like 11 strangers playing tonight.

I cannot fathom why we'd bring back Jay Denny who is suited to a passing style and then spend 90 mins playing long aimless balls. Very frustrating.

A conversation that WelshYeltz, Raiden and I had with 2 Trafford fans last season is ringing in my ears, they said that the league sees lots of teams get 2nd season syndrome (which Trafford definitely did). I really hope that tonight was a blip but I'm not convinced. Although its only 2 games in so its not quite panic stations yet.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 18 Aug 2015, 23:31

I always try to be positive. Tonight's positive - It was only 2-0.

In every single aspect of the game they were better than us. First to every 50/50 ball, first to every second ball. Passing was better, movement was better. Shape was better. Out fought and out thought. They were a yard quicker and sharper all night. Why we persisted in throwing the ball in long from Cooper when nobody won a header all night is beyond me. Even if Joe Hull did win a header it's hardly likely to cause any damage from 12-15 yards out?
Yes it's early in the season, yes we had a stinker tonight to a team playing their first home game in this division who were keen to put on a show. It's a shame we couldn't do that for the excellent following of Yeltzmen and women to Derbyshire.
I'm confident John and Matty Clarke will put it right, we do have to be patient I agree, hopefully the players will put it right on Saturday.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 18 Aug 2015, 23:35

I don't see the long ball and long throws tactic changing sadly. It's been the only tactic that has been used for the last two years if we are honest so it's not a new thing. I thought when Tonks went that that might change but my heart sank the moment I saw another player with a huge throw come in

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 18 Aug 2015, 23:44

We had two points after two games last year. So we're still better off.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 18 Aug 2015, 23:46

Just got back from Derbyshire...yes even Mr. Part-timer went tonight! A good following and support by us Yeltzmen and Yeltzwomen, just a shame the team never showed up.

I'm pretty much going to echo what most people have said on here and once again Rob has summed it up perfectly. We were poor all over, second to every ball, offered very little up front. They wanted it more than us. Was it the fact they were brilliant and we were poor? Probably more of the latter to be honest but they scored two fantastic goals and in the end we were lucky to get 'nil' in all honesty.

Not very good, it's only two games in though so no need to panic just yet. A response is definitely needed on Saturday!

In other news, the A38 was closed off coming back so got diverted towards Rugeley, was stuck behind a van with a trailer for 10 miles and then took a wrong turning and ended up on the M6 Southbound.

I've had better nights......

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 18 Aug 2015, 23:49

Again echoing what others have said not good at all will be interesting to see what is done as a response.

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 19 Aug 2015, 00:20

I have to agree, Connolly looked out of his depth, I think I would have put Isaac over onto the right and put Griff to the left after 20 minutes. At times hitting a long ball forward and there was no one anywhere near the targeted player if he won the header.

I have always gone with if the quality isn't there or things aren't going your way then at least fight and be competitive, make something happen, but I didn't see a lot of that tonight. We weren't winning many first balls and probably even less 2nd balls.

Hope Danny Bragoli is back soon, he put in a decent shift as I thought Joe Hull did in parts. I just think sometimes when Plan A isn't working we need to find a Plan B, mix it up a bit.

I do think though things will get better, it is only 2 games gone we have 3 points and in John and Matt we trust, keep the faith and will see many of you at Skem Saturday.

Still proud to be Yeltz !

hot55
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by hot55 » 19 Aug 2015, 06:19

Long ball, long ball long ball, what a waste of time, let's not bother with midfield two strikers against 4 or 5 defenders no contest, play too feet give them a chance to bring others into the game,

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 19 Aug 2015, 07:51

During preseason in the first two games we seemed to pass the ball a lot more. Even pin point passing from one wing to the other.

Last night is over.
Danny Brag was the only one who showed passion during the game. He even injured himself when taking in two or three players then kicked the ball and the defenders foot was in way and he seemed to jar his knee.

Did not hear much vocals on the pitch from captain or any players.

A great away following we has double the Mickleover fans.

Nigel Clough was there which maybe is why their players appeared to show more desire.

I said patience would be needed.

To the new players last season we lost and we still applauded our players off because they had tried their best. Given it their all.

Last night we did not see that.

We don't expect to win every game, we are realists. We have not tested the last two keepers at all and have only an own goal from our keeper.

Come on strikers step up to the plate.