Re: Bay Updates. Or is it?

Post by andy » 15 Aug 2015, 20:46

Though better than some.
Whitby 4-0 Stourbr*dge. Ouch.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 15 Aug 2015, 22:39

andy wrote:Great result to start the season with. That aside the performance was poor at best and Colwyn Bay were no better. Sarge MOM with penalty save and massive assist for goal, Brags played well and the rest tried hard. Unfortunately that will not be enough and a massive improvement will be needed. If indeed that is possible. 3 points though. Onwards.
Yes it was a poor game and although they missed a penalty I can't say they were much better if at all. We looked toothless up front until the last 5 minutes but I thought the defence did pretty well.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 16 Aug 2015, 09:38

It weren't great. I'm still concerned at the apparent lack of threat up front.

It's a great start to the season. Take a point or more out of Mickleover and that'll do for me.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 16 Aug 2015, 11:07

I wasn't at the game yesterday however around 6pm last night I bumped into and briefly chatted to a couple of Colwyn Bay fans in the Post Office Vaults in Birmingham who had been to the game. They came on the train and then got the No.9 bus to The Grove (hardcore!) One looked a bit like Mark Benton (Early Doors and Northern Lights)

Anyway they said it wasn't a very good game as a spectacle to watch. There wasn't many chances from either side. We had our first proper shot on target after 90 minutes and apart from the own goal not a lot else happened as the game was bogged down with a lot of midfield action and side to side passing which although was pretty on the eye it didn't really generate a lot of excitement. He wasn't particularly happy about their performance and said we were slightly the better out of two poor teams.

I thought it might have been a bit of sour grapes from him but reading the reports on here it seems he wasn't far off. However a great win from us and nice to start the season on a high!

Up the Yeltz!

Dazzie76
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Dazzie76 » 16 Aug 2015, 16:44

Certainly improvement is needed but hey will take the 3pts anyday any points taken from the first few games are always a bonus, Sargeant and Braggoli played well and Joe Hull as ever always putting himself about, upfront i thought Pearson showed some good touches but as per the end of last year the support from a midfield player or the wing backs was in very short supply, someone needs to come and win them 2nd balls off their centre halfs way to deep in my opinion the main reason to our shortage of goals last year.

on to the next game

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 16 Aug 2015, 16:59

I expected the game to be tight and either a draw or a one goal win for either team.

Most seasons for us seem to start that way. Both teams have new players who are fresh and fit to go so cancel each other out a lot.

As i have said these players need time to gel. I don't think we saw the first choice line up yesterday but sometimes thing conspire against that.

Well done to Sarg for the assist and the penalty save. I think the others worked hard and we still need to understand that some of the new players are making a step up and will take time to settle in.

Glad we had the three points as last year we lost some games by one goal which we did not deserve to.