Tividale Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Tividale Updates

Post by juanillo » 09 Aug 2015, 21:50

RaidenYeltz wrote:I get a feeling we're a little bit short and not quite where we should be.

We've not really had a game where a settled group has played 90 minutes.

I also worry that we've not played anyone above our level.

I try not to judge pre-season but the last three games haven't been too great, we've chopped and changed so much.

I trust it'll all come together though. There looks to be some very talented players in this squad. Colwyn Bay is going to be tough.
I think that sums it up well.

We haven't played any teams above us and whilst pre-season can be misleading I'd have much preferred some good results and performances to boost confidence.

Maybe we've almost played too many matches giving rise to too many options. 8 matches in 4 weeks seems a lot especially with a possible 22 games in 11 weeks to come.

Why the NPL decides to start a week later than any other league is very strange.

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 10 Aug 2015, 08:54

juanillo wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:I get a feeling we're a little bit short and not quite where we should be.

I try not to judge pre-season but the last three games haven't been too great, we've chopped and changed so much.

I trust it'll all come together though. There looks to be some very talented players in this squad. Colwyn Bay is going to be tough.

We haven't played any teams above us and whilst pre-season can be misleading I'd have much preferred some good results and performances to boost confidence.

Maybe we've almost played too many matches giving rise to too many options. 8 matches in 4 weeks seems a lot especially with a possible 22 games in 11 weeks to come.

Why the NPL decides to start a week later than any other league is very strange.
I couldn't agree more with the point about pre-season being misleading I'm pretty sure I remember one season where we had an excellent pre-season being victorious in most if not all of our matches and ended up being relegated at the end of the season so no reason for any undue concern at present.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 10 Aug 2015, 13:35

Wheels wrote:
juanillo wrote:

I couldn't agree more with the point about pre-season being misleading I'm pretty sure I remember one season where we had an excellent pre-season being victorious in most if not all of our matches and ended up being relegated at the end of the season so no reason for any undue concern at present.
Agree with you to an extent, Chris.

Results are irrelevant. It's nice to win and I suppose a side who goes into the season winning all their pre-season friendlies are going to be confident. But IMO that papers over cracks, in many cases.

I actually think it's a benefit to lose and play bad in friendlies as it highlights area's of weakness. I think John Hill will have learnt more from our two home friendlies than he has in the other six friendlies this pre-season.

I try not to judge, as I've said, but I guess it's natural to see your team not perform too well and be a little worried.

From a Yeltz perspective I just worry about the number of players and the fact we've seemingly not had a run of games with a similar squad. But is that the same across our level?

In all honesty I think the first few games are experimental too and you don't see the shape and true form of the team until 8-10 games IMO.

Either way I can't wait 'till Saturday. Bring it on!

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 10 Aug 2015, 13:46

I completely agree with you josh ;D

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 11 Aug 2015, 13:28

[quote="andy"]
The only thing worse than the first half yesterday was channel 5's car crash tv attempt at the football league. quote]

Spot on with that Brother Avery. Rubbish!
Kelly Cates looked like some sort of Christian fundamentalist nun.

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 11 Aug 2015, 20:10

Westyeltz wrote: Kelly Cates looked like some sort of Christian fundamentalist nun.
"

Cool. I'll definitely record it this week for the "Private Collection".

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 11 Aug 2015, 22:23

Aron Wint just been confirmed as a Chasetown signing via their Twitter.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 11 Aug 2015, 22:33

Good, he was awful!