Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Tividale Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 08 Aug 2015, 16:26

Sub: Mandair on for Waldron

Johnny Bud
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Johnny Bud » 08 Aug 2015, 16:38

The match has been abandoned due to a bad injury to one of their players!!

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 08 Aug 2015, 17:15

Apparently the keeper lost 4 teeth too.
A costly challenge. Their guy left the field walking which is a good sign.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 08 Aug 2015, 17:41

I hope both players involved in the clash are ok and that they recover from their injuries soon.

Aside from that, there is an awful lot of improvement required before next Saturday

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 08 Aug 2015, 17:48

Yeltz27 wrote:I hope both players involved in the clash are ok and that they recover from their injuries soon.

Aside from that, there is an awful lot of improvement required before next Saturday
I can't argue with that assessment.

hot55
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by hot55 » 08 Aug 2015, 19:45

I thought the second half was a big improvement from the first, glad to hear both injured player's will be OK.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 09 Aug 2015, 11:18

It was nice to be back at The Grove to see a game.

I was a little surprised to see so many new players in the starting XI today as I expected the team to be pretty much what John will line up with next Saturday. That said, if players aren't available I guess there isn't a lot than can be done.

I thought in the second half we came out with more tempo and seemed to be a bit more at it, Denny seemed to be controlling the midfield - i like the fact he's a talker and organiser on the pitch too. Darkin I thought looked good again in patches and when Greg Pearson came on we seemed to have a bit more about us upfront. I thought Connor Collins worked really hard upfront and deserved his goal that he took very well. Cooper again looked a threat with his crossing as did the forward runs of Parsons-Smith. It'll be interesting to see how they get on against Colwyn Bay next week.

Over the last couple of seasons we always seem to do better against the better sides and struggle against the sides we should be beating. Hopefully this team will go one better as they get to know each other better and the side becomes more settled.

A shame the game ended the way it did and both players make speedy recoveries. Having seen a picture of Dan Platt's mouth he's certainly come off the worst!

Can we have that referee every week? Great entertainment and would certainly teach some of these new young refs a thing or two about managing the game and talking with the players!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 09 Aug 2015, 11:45

At least we looked more like a side in the second half, though I guess still way short of what will be required next week. The only thing worse than the first half yesterday was channel 5's car crash tv attempt at the football league. Hope both players involved in that nasty clash make speedy recoveries. Roll on next week? Hmm.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 09 Aug 2015, 12:33

I get a feeling we're a little bit short and not quite where we should be.

We've not really had a game where a settled group has played 90 minutes.

I also worry that we've not played anyone above our level.

I try not to judge pre-season but the last three games haven't been too great, we've chopped and changed so much.

I trust it'll all come together though. There looks to be some very talented players in this squad. Colwyn Bay is going to be tough.

ericc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by ericc » 09 Aug 2015, 17:46

Really concerned about this season having watched the 2 home games , I feel we have made to many changes on and off the playing field , not all for the best .
If we get a draw next week I'll be happy. .
I