Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Alverchurch Updates

Post by welshyeltz » 04 Aug 2015, 22:14

Any news on Joe Hull ?

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 04 Aug 2015, 22:30

As many of you who know me will know I am an armchair Villa fan and it is amazing how at various times the form of both Villa and Halesowen seems to go through a similar pattern at a similar time. With this in mind I'd like to make an observation that I find the fact that Villa are signing so many players a little concerning insofar as whether they will gel. I do have the same slight concern about us at the moment but I'm not panicking too much and it's only pre-season still and at least we've had a bad result now which may be a positive in a way as it means the manager will have been able to learn a lot and have a proper look at the players he has.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 04 Aug 2015, 22:44

RaidenYeltz wrote:Positives;

Lovely new away shirt.
We can't play worse.
It's great to get back down the Grove.
John and Matt will learn more about their players when we play so bad than he would if we won 6-0.

Negatives;

We've got Colwyn Bay in just over a week.
If we play twice as well as we did tonight we'll be in trouble.
We look extremely light weight up front.
Worrying revert back to negative long ball tactics.

Not a great night by any means.
I can't take too much positivity out of that given the level of the opposition other than it was a friendly. Point 3 was the only real plus but let's hope that we were just showing that there's no rose without a thorn.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 04 Aug 2015, 23:44

First game back at the Grove tonight for this season....it was great to be back but the least said about the game the better. I know it was only a friendly but it wasn't great to be honest.

I've only been to one pre-season friendly before tonight and that was away against Bridgnorth and I actually thought we played some nice stuff on the floor there on what was a difficult pitch. Tonight, particularly the 1st half we seemed to go back to the 'hoof ball' we've been used to the last couple of seasons. Yes, it was marginally better the 2nd half, but we never really created any meaningful chances and never looked like scoring. A disappointing performance I must say.

That said, I'm still excited and looking forward to the season ahead for us, think we've signed some decent players. Parsons-Smith looks like he's gonna be a hit for us, Jay Denny will be a welcome addition in the middle and I was particularly impressed with Connor Collins when he came on tonight.

I've got my 'flexi' season ticket for the season ahead now so will be there when I can cheering the lads on. I hope for a good season and hope for a decent cup run too!

Up the Yeltz!!

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 05 Aug 2015, 07:45

From a promising opening game at Cradley to a very poor performance last night.
No threat up front - not one troubling moment for their 'keeper. I do hope that we can sign a no nonsense striker, otherwise we are going to struggle.
Two positives: the pitch looks good and the toilets are s**t hot!
Onwards and upwards!

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 05 Aug 2015, 07:56

lutleyyeltz wrote:From a promising opening game at Cradley to a very poor performance last night.
No threat up front - not one troubling moment for their 'keeper. I do hope that we can sign a no nonsense striker, otherwise we are going to struggle.
Two positives: the pitch looks good and the toilets are s**t hot!
Onwards and upwards!
You should've been at Chasetown if you thought Cradley was promising.

Second half we battered Chasetown and played the ball on the floor. The movement from the front two and the two wing backs was superb.

I don't know why that performance hasn't been replicated in our last two friendlies. It's some difference!

I worry about our front line. The two Stan's didn't cut it at all Saturday and again last night we looked poor.

I agree with Dale, Connor Collins looks good. But I get the impression he won't be a goal scorer. More of a hold up player. I hope we get Daniels in if / when he's back fully fit.

I'd like to see us sign Reegan Carthy. He looks a handful.

The worrying thing about how poor our front line looks - we've played teams 2/3 levels bellow us. How are they going to fair at NPL standard?

At least the midfield and wing back positions look strong. Defence looks ok, but they've not really been tested.

hot55
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by hot55 » 05 Aug 2015, 11:19

Nothing up front last night it is a worry, Collins gave us energy up front, parsons-smith is w big plus.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 05 Aug 2015, 11:43

I can't comment on the last two games as I've not been there, despite the number of trialists and the need for giving all of the players minutes on the pitch we've looked organised, played better pass and move football and the team spirit seems good. The only area we seemed to have lacked player availability is upfront and maybe that is showing a little. I understand Mike Taylor has been on honeymoon, Connor Collins injured at times and Greg Pearson is the only other forward we have. Regan Carthey played minutes there as did Elikem Stan - who didn't look like out and out forwards to me but players doing a job there for us. I believe we still have Aaron Daniels to come back from injury too.
Rome wasn't built in a day as they say and I'd rather hear about us having a stinker in pre season so JH and MC can work at it in the remaining training sessions and final pre season game. Certainly progress is being made and maybe we've had two steps forward and had one go back.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 05 Aug 2015, 16:46

Joe Hull just turned his ankle and should be ok.

Shame that the first home pre season match was poor attacking wise.
I don't put any store into pre season results.

The key thing is for the management to see the players in competition and i personally do not think we saw our starting 11 last night.

Over all the games we have seem some good play and attempts on goal. Until last night we have seen goals.

Taylor looked good up front and has not played for whatever, reasons, injury\honeymoon.

I am looking forward to the new season with a mixture of youth and experience joining us.

Early days.