Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Chasetown Friendly

Post by Johnny Bud » 27 Jul 2015, 22:16

;D ;D

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 28 Jul 2015, 08:32

I try not to judge or really take note of pre-season friendlies. For me it's always more of a fitness and getting up to match pace, exercise than anything else.

But what I will say is that I'm excited by how much we're keeping the ball on the floor. Some of the movement off the ball by the front two and the two wing backs is brilliant. We played some good stuff for large chunks of the game, especially the second half. It could and really should have been six or seven.

I'm a little concerned defensively, I don't think we look as strong there as we do other in other areas. Our two full backs in Isaac Cooper and Parsons-Smith look really good, admittedly it's very early days though. I like the look of the trialist we have (wore no. 11 on Saturday & no. 10 last night). I hope Daniels returns soon, I think he'd be an ideal forward the way this side is shaping up.

The lack of goals from the forwards in the last three friendlies is slightly worrying, though they've played well from what I've seen.

It's going to be an interesting and exciting season if we stick the style we've seen this pre-season.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 28 Jul 2015, 10:19

Must admit, wasn't overly impressed at Bridgnorth but the pitch was horrendous and the team are still getting to know eachother. I hate pre-season friendlies!

Last night I saw glimpses of good football by the Yeltz, quick passing along the floor and movement. Plenty of chances created and lots of running down the wings. Just need to iron out a few of the silly mistakes. Good to see our forwards run onto balls and release it quickly.

Nice to see encouragement from out bench to pass and move rather than look for the long option for Ben to run on to which didn't work last season.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 28 Jul 2015, 11:29

I think that's the best we've played so far pre-season. With a little more luck/sharpness in front of goal we might have got 4/5 goals alone in the second half.
I'm really liking the look of the midfield and wide options, and it's unfortunate we've not had the forwards fit/available more often to get on the end of the some of the chances we've created. The 'TRIALIST A' I'd love to see signed, good technique, finds space well, passes well and i can see him opening a few teams up this season.
Defensively, I like the experience of the players we have, and young Joe Hull will only get better playing with Charles and Westwood. (Assuming Westwood signs). Bragoli certainly looks a better player also alongside Darkin and Denny.
Still quite a lot to consider, and things to work on, but I'm certainly feeling optimistic about the season ahead and the style of football we're trying to play. Just need to be patient and give it time. Progress continues...
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ