Trafford updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Trafford updates

Post by wednesburystokie » 28 Mar 2015, 21:26

Wheels wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote:I too thought new starting bloke was class. If I'm allowed to be so positive! ;)
I also thought Granville looked quite impressive who is he any one know?
He used to help out his uncle Arkwright in the shop ;D

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 28 Mar 2015, 21:33

Yeltz27 wrote:
andy wrote:Now you're just taking the piss. I wasn't going to bother posting but if you're gonna throw the ball up there, I'll hit it. We couldn't hit a barn door. We haven't beaten any of the bottom six at home. Happy? Yeah, f*ckin' delighted.
I can't really be bothered to argue tonight, but this post Andy is spot on as always
Call me old fashioned or what ever you like but when Halesowen create at least 16 clear cut goal scoring chances, we have played well.

If we'd have taken 3 or 4 of those we'd be buzzing about a great performance.

It shouldn't differ on the basis we failed to take chances.

We were bloody good today. Poor finishing costs us. That is all. That doesn't make a performance bad.

Akschizoidman
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Akschizoidman » 28 Mar 2015, 22:26

Can't understand why Ben has been on the bench of late. He's a natural finisher who I thought would have done some damage today had he started.

spongeyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by spongeyeltz » 28 Mar 2015, 22:42

Totally agree with the last two points.I thought today's game was really entertaining. I maintain Ben is the best finisher at the club, and would be in my starting eleven every time when fit

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 29 Mar 2015, 00:18

Yeltz27 wrote:
andy wrote:Now you're just taking the piss. I wasn't going to bother posting but if you're gonna throw the ball up there, I'll hit it. We couldn't hit a barn door. We haven't beaten any of the bottom six at home. Happy? Yeah, f*ckin' delighted.
I can't really be bothered to argue tonight, but this post Andy is spot on as always
Surely then this points to how close we got to being in the play offs then if we had beaten teams from the bottom 6 ??? That in my book means we have obviously taken points off teams further up the table, meaning we have been more than competitive in our FIRST season in a higher division, all teams have at least one bad patch in a season, we have had 2, one now and there was obviously the start of the season finding our feet in the new division.

We have one of the best defensive records in the league, just what the hell have you expected this season ??? I am not knocking your different opinion, that's fine but if this was our 5th year or like in this division I would agree with you but it's our 1st !

It's been a great season, we have progressed, apart from our start which I mentioned we have never looked in danger of being in a relegation battle, at the start of the season the vast majority were saying mid table would be a good achievement this season, we are going to get that, it's going to be exciting next season especially with John Hill at the helm.

KenR
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KenR » 29 Mar 2015, 00:30

" A John Hill substitute equalises "
It should be pointed out that injury forced JH into the change and but for that Ben probably would n't have been on the pitch at that stage. Also new bloke allowed Trafford player to run past him without challenge , to set up their goal. And another dissenting voice (ericc) against you Raiden, I wonder why. So disrespectful. Perhaps its something to do with the crap you keep posting.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 29 Mar 2015, 00:38

Small margins!

On another day, with a little more ruthlessness and composure in front of goal we might have been 4 up by half time. The lads would have been applauded off and all would be rosy in the garden again.
Problem is, because our recent results haven't been good it is only emphasizing the need for a win even more.

Against the better teams in the league we compete well, grab a credible draw or win and prove to be 'hard to beat'. Against the lesser teams, when the expectation is that we win. we struggle to break teams down. Problem is, because we've found goals hard to come by recently the forwards are feeling the pressure as they don't get 3/4 chances per game as a rule. Today they did get plenty of chances, but the finishing wasn't good enough. It seems when we get it right at one end of the pitch we don't seem to be able to do it at the other. Take Whitby for example, the one time we score enough goals to win a match we bloody concede! Today we gave little away at the back but couldn't score...
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gingeryeltz » 29 Mar 2015, 00:50

KenR wrote:"And another dissenting voice (ericc) against you Raiden, I wonder why. So disrespectful. Perhaps its something to do with the crap you keep posting.
Is this Raiden bloke trying to become the new Chris Davis or Colin Bobble? ???

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 29 Mar 2015, 03:18

KenR wrote:" A John Hill substitute equalises "
It should be pointed out that injury forced JH into the change and but for that Ben probably would n't have been on the pitch at that stage. Also new bloke allowed Trafford player to run past him without challenge , to set up their goal. And another dissenting voice (ericc) against you Raiden, I wonder why. So disrespectful. Perhaps its something to do with the crap you keep posting.

Dear me there's no hope for our players is there, let's just hang them all shall we !

Can we really comment on maybe's and probably's ? Arron Daniels might have stayed on and scored 16 goals ! Maybe not !

New bloke is new for a reason, maybe because he has just joined the club and already his mistakes are being pointed out without saying that lots of effort was being put in ! Give them a bloody chance !

Aren't you being a little disrespectful saying what Raiden is posting is crap ? Pot. Kettle. Black.

It works 2 ways you are saying that we are knocking you for having a difference of opinion, what are you doing ?

Things are are a little tricky no win in 10, but we are pretty much safe, how about getting behind the lads it might just fire em up and give them a bit of confidence ! I am sure they are all p*** off enough as it is! they are an honest bunch of loads! they deserve our support !

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 29 Mar 2015, 04:03

gingeryeltz wrote:
KenR wrote:"And another dissenting voice (ericc) against you Raiden, I wonder why. So disrespectful. Perhaps its something to do with the crap you keep posting.
Is this Raiden bloke trying to become the new Chris Davis or Colin Bobble? ???
Far from it. Raiden is a guy who follows the Yeltz home and away most games, think he's only missed a handful of games this season if I'm honest.

He's a guy who sees things as he sees them. He might be a 'newbie' in Yeltz terms but he has REALISTIC terms.

Let's not live in the 80's/90's please - Halesowen were/are a great non-league club who had great success in the past, trips to Wembley, won the Vase and on the verge of getting to the Conference in the 90's etc. and on paper given our history and the state of our ground we 'should' be setting our sights higher I wholeheartedly agree but in the last 20 years the club went on a slow decline, and almost hit rock bottom where the future of the club was up in the air as we know.

The last few years has seen the club going through a rebuilding programme, getting to a stage with last years promotion where I find us to be at the moment at 'our level.' Whilst talk of play offs was mentioned this season after a good run I feel this was a touch optimistic and personally over optimistic. Anything that saw the club clear of relegation was a success in my opinion.

I remember the first 10 games of the season this year and I thought we would struggle but for us, to be in a mid table position is a fantastic achievement back in the first season back in our 'natural' position.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing more I would love than Halesowen to be in the Conference North/South or even the main Conference itself, but sadly we were a long way away from that level as yet. You have to be REALISTIC.

Whilst we stay in this league, that is a REALISTIC achievement for me!

Up The Yeltz!