Whitby Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
BBNOW100
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Whitby Updates

Post by BBNOW100 » 21 Mar 2015, 23:43

Just to say about the highlights, it was only me filming today and I missed KO so it's just going to be a short goals video uploaded hopefully tomorrow lunchtime.
#YeltzTV

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 21 Mar 2015, 23:59

BBNOW100 wrote:Just to say about the highlights, it was only me filming today and I missed KO so it's just going to be a short goals video uploaded hopefully tomorrow lunchtime.
Looking forward to it Ben :)

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 22 Mar 2015, 09:02

Turner has left.

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 22 Mar 2015, 09:02

Seamus wrote:Not sure I buy this
Wheels wrote:
rubens wrote:Sometimes we blame the defence sometimes we blame the strikers but today it was decisions from the coaching and management that cost us . No disrespect to the 2 new lads who came on but it was a massive ask for them to replace Ford and Tonks in their first game at this level .
Not to worry let's hope we all learn from it .
I believe lee Downes is quite experienced and has been playing for Rushall nonetheless I agree that it was perhaps a gamble to bring them both on. In the grand scheme of things however we are safe and if we are looking at players for next season it is better to look at them now in competitive matches rather just cold in preseason but it is a very difficult balance to strike I certainly don't know what I would do if I were in charge. Very disappointing today in the end but ces la vie.
According to the league website he joined us from Chasetown, having left Rushall at the same time Joel Kettle joined us. Having said that signings are essential to ensure we complete the season with sufficient cover for injuries suspensions etc, so I see merit there but doubt for next season. Hopefully Elliot Turner back in the squad next week, (any news why missing??) strength in depth is essential throughout the final games.
in all honesty I do doubt the part I said about next season but you never know I think it's certainly true to say that historically and generally speaking if have been any new players for the following season they have all arrived in the preseason friendlies. As you say strength in depth is vital at this stage of the season and now John has qualified his reasons for yesterday I think we can just put it down to being one of those things.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 22 Mar 2015, 16:11

Its a good job were safe in my opinion. Nine games without a win is not good at any time of year but with the run in approaching it could have been squeaky bum time. Strangely due to a lot of others faltering we have probably only dropped 1 or 2 places in that time. I'm not quite sure how we have managed that. I think if we had dropped 7 or 8 places which is quite feasable on a run like that, and were behind Stour I don't think people would be quite so generous. We badly need a win.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 23 Mar 2015, 23:56

I think it's fair to say that John is probably learning more about his players now than at anytime this season. Not one person who came out of The Grove at 5pm on Saturday will disagree we should have got three points but we didn't. Poor decision making by the players and individual errors cost us on Saturday, not substitutions or formations. I think many players have found their level now and 'over achievement and desire/hard work' will only take us so far. We've had a long, hard season with players playing twice a week for a good part of the season and we seem a little jaded at times, not tired, not unfit - but jaded.
Over the last two years we've always really had something to play for, play off push/promotion/title it seems a little like we don't really have an aim at the moment. I'm not suggesting the players aren't trying, far from it, I'm not saying the players aren't motivated, but they've achieved their target of staying up (with ease) and therefore deserve huge credit. This isn't to say the recent form isn't a concern, of course it is and I'm sure if JH wants to move the team forwards next season one or two players may be looking over their shoulders thinking if they'll be Yeltzmen next season. This bunch of lads are lacking in confidence a little and it seems that every mistake costs us a goal. On the plus side, we got three goals on Saturday and if we can cut out the errors we'll soon be back on track with a few wins to finish the season.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 24 Mar 2015, 08:48

I would be concerned about our form if we were closer to relegation and had 'something' to play for. And the fact we've played some bloody good teams.

In those 9 games I'm only really disappointed in the result and performance of Nantwich away.

In that run we've played the what will be league champions, twice. An we ran them damn close too. Especially at the home tie, where if Ben had his shooting boots on, we maybe could have sneaked a win.

We've had two tough long away trips to Workington and Whitby where we played out two creditable goal-less draws.

And but for more clinical finishing should have won last Tuesday and Saturday.

I don't think it's as bad as it initially seems. A bit of perspective is needed, four out the seven sides we played are currently in the top six - I guess not picking up results against the top sides in this division is why we're mid table and not play offs.

It should be better and it's frustrating, but let's get it in perspective.