Whitby Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Whitby Updates

Post by wednesburystokie » 21 Mar 2015, 19:49

spongeyeltz wrote:I think the referee saw no foul, but thought the goalie had sustained a serious head injury and felt he had no choice but to stop the game. Agree with previous comments, strange substitutions. Will be interesting to see highlights as I thought the ball bobbled a couple of times when Daniels was attacking. Starting to see what everyone is saying about the state of the pitch. Thought Daniels and Griff played really well today. Anyone agree thinking Daniels best position is on the wing?
If he had thought he sustained a head injury i would have supported his decision as a correct one, but, from my vantage point the keeper looked to be holding his knee.

Daniels and Christie, for me, is the best attacking partnership we have at the moment.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 21 Mar 2015, 19:53

Disappointing to give that away when in command. Since reaching 50 points on the back of a really good run we haven't won. Maybe highlighting the achievement of that milestone has somehow subconsciously had an adverse effect.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 21 Mar 2015, 20:11

Johns asked me to put this on,

After having a message from one of my players saying some supporters are blaming the substitutions for today's draw.I thought I would share a few things with them...

At half time Aaron Forde informed me that the referee had warned him on his tackles and forde felt he would be sent off as he was already on a yellow card. He asked.. if possible get me off if you can. At 3 -1 up forde was subbed.

Sub no.2. Tom Tonks..Tom Tonks is on 9 bookings and if he was to pick up his 10th booking today he would serve a 2 Match ban which would be blyth away and Stourbr*dge at home...With 15 mins left and 3 -1 up it was deemed the best time to get him off so he did nt miss both bank holiday weekend games.especially Stourbr*dge.

Nothing is done without some thought going into it and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Believe me nobody is more disappointed than me and my staff.

John

spongeyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by spongeyeltz » 21 Mar 2015, 20:26

Good spot soggy. I was apoplectic at the time, but having calmed down I was trying to find rhyme or reason for the decision. I wasn't looking at the goalie at the time. If he was holding his knee then it truly was an appalling decision. I still think Ben is the best finisher at the club and christie has to play when fit. Daniels, I think is a great crosser of the ball, but i get your point, can we play all three in the starting eleven?

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 21 Mar 2015, 20:34

spongeyeltz wrote:Good spot soggy. I was apoplectic at the time, but having calmed down I was trying to find rhyme or reason for the decision. I wasn't looking at the goalie at the time. If he was holding his knee then it truly was an appalling decision. I still think Ben is the best finisher at the club and christie has to play when fit. Daniels, I think is a great crosser of the ball, but i get your point, can we play all three in the starting eleven?
Maybe the ref thought there was a head injury, split second decisions of course, and as i stated earlier i thought he had a decent game.

I'll reserve my final decision for the highlights.

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 21 Mar 2015, 20:41

yeltz85 wrote:Johns asked me to put this on,

After having a message from one of my players saying some supporters are blaming the substitutions for today's draw.I thought I would share a few things with them...

At half time Aaron Forde informed me that the referee had warned him on his tackles and forde felt he would be sent off as he was already on a yellow card. He asked.. if possible get me off if you can. At 3 -1 up forde was subbed.

Sub no.2. Tom Tonks..Tom Tonks is on 9 bookings and if he was to pick up his 10th booking today he would serve a 2 Match ban which would be blyth away and S*******dge at home...With 15 mins left and 3 -1 up it was deemed the best time to get him off so he did nt miss both bank holiday weekend games.especially S*******dge.

Nothing is done without some thought going into it and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Believe me nobody is more disappointed than me and my staff.

John
Hats off to John for giving his reasons for the substitutions, he didn't need to, but shows his deep seated regard for the fans.

I'm sure there are many teams who would like to be in the position we are now, i know things haven't gone our way this year, and good that we got the points in the bag in the first half of the season, but I have to admit i thought we'd be going straight back down after the first few games where we looked well off the pace.

I'm not blowing smoke up John's backside by posting this reply, but many teams, i'd imagine, would be more than happy to have John at the helm, but I'm happy its us.

spongeyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by spongeyeltz » 21 Mar 2015, 20:52

I agree. The ref had a good game overall. Good response from John. I think we all know Fordey was walking a tightrope. Knowing how tight the defence has been all season i don't think anyone would have predicted us conceding two goals from being 3-1 up. On the positive, we have no one to fear in this league and next year we will be there or thereabouts

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 21 Mar 2015, 21:01

Excellent of John to take the time to explain and it just shows there is a good reason for everything that is done.

spongeyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by spongeyeltz » 21 Mar 2015, 21:06

Let's all show our support for John next week for what has been a bloody good season. Johnny hills barmy army

Seamus
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Seamus » 21 Mar 2015, 22:57

Not sure I buy this
Wheels wrote:
rubens wrote:Sometimes we blame the defence sometimes we blame the strikers but today it was decisions from the coaching and management that cost us . No disrespect to the 2 new lads who came on but it was a massive ask for them to replace Ford and Tonks in their first game at this level .
Not to worry let's hope we all learn from it .
I believe lee Downes is quite experienced and has been playing for Rushall nonetheless I agree that it was perhaps a gamble to bring them both on. In the grand scheme of things however we are safe and if we are looking at players for next season it is better to look at them now in competitive matches rather just cold in preseason but it is a very difficult balance to strike I certainly don't know what I would do if I were in charge. Very disappointing today in the end but ces la vie.
According to the league website he joined us from Chasetown, having left Rushall at the same time Joel Kettle joined us. Having said that signings are essential to ensure we complete the season with sufficient cover for injuries suspensions etc, so I see merit there but doubt for next season. Hopefully Elliot Turner back in the squad next week, (any news why missing??) strength in depth is essential throughout the final games.