Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Whitby Updates

Post by Poll » 07 Mar 2015, 16:49

Another chance for them but forward fell over

Pantverdant

Post by Pantverdant » 07 Mar 2015, 16:51

Your a jinx Poll we usually fail to score when you watch Yeltz.

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 07 Mar 2015, 16:53

0-0 ft. May have been spoilt by wind.

Pantverdant

Post by Pantverdant » 07 Mar 2015, 16:54

He's playing till WHITBY score.

Pantverdant

Post by Pantverdant » 07 Mar 2015, 16:56

Nice work Poll hope you catch your train,safe journey.God speed! ;D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 07 Mar 2015, 17:02

We've only scored in one of the last six games now. How am I supposed to take the p*ss out of the V***a?

Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Poll » 07 Mar 2015, 17:33

Back in the warm pub now waiting for the Albion game.

Turns out we played pretty well first half into the wind as we controlled the game well and had best of the chances.

Second half we played it a bit long with the gale behind but to be fair to both teams it was too hard to play today and was always gonna be 0-0.

We worked hard as usual though. Jones looked good on the ball when he had it and Ben was unlucky with a few half chances

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 07 Mar 2015, 21:20

Poll wrote:Turner and Ben off. Christie and griffiths on. Doc gave me false info earlier and I'm an idiot
In my defence, I wasn't really paying attention and I was slightly confused by us playing 4-4-2.

Brother Pollard's descriptions were otherwise spot on. Although he could have mentioned the wind.

Thought Forde was immense today and Turner had some good spells too. We never really looked like conceding, apart from a bit of a flurry from them at the end but equally we never really looked like scoring either.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 07 Mar 2015, 22:32

It was windy. Very windy.

A change of formation to 4-4-2 with Asa playing LB and Turner and Tonks in the wide midfield positions.

First half we kicked into the wind, and found it difficult to clear our lines, when we played it into Jake's feet we looked likely to create chances. It was the wind you see...

In the second half they found it hard to clear (because of the wind) and every time we passed it forwards it seemed the ball ran away. On one occasion Sarge kicked the ball out of his hands only for it to go out for a goal kick at the other end. No lack of effort as ever, and we created a good few half chances but nothing really to test the keeper. We could have won it, and maybe lost it in the last 10 minutes when Whitby had a couple of half chances too.

Tilt and Forde were immense.

Had a lovely day with good people in a lovely town. Would like to go back to Whitby again. Even though it was windy.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 08 Mar 2015, 09:36

A long day yesterday but a nice place with nice people as has been said a difficult game spoiled by wind. I think it should also be pointed out that assuming I heard it correctly the sponsors gave birth a home and away man of the match. They gave the away one to Curtis Tilt unsurprisingly I think he's been one of our best players this season and has certainly impressed the opposition supporters of teams we have played against.