Ashton United Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ashton United Updates

Post by dazzlingdazza » 28 Feb 2015, 21:40

Every team has a blip, the problem was with our bad start (because of adjusting in the new league) it put pressure on us to get results which we did, if we had picked up a couple of early wins we would be in the play offs, now we have hit that bad patch which every team gets all the old comments are coming up again from the start of the season "We are not good enough " etc etc.

We have not become a bad team overnight, I think subconsciously maybe things are a bit more relaxed as we have hit our target of staying up ! Let's face it most would have settled for this position at the start of the season, it has been exciting and I am proud of the team whatever happens !

Yes you can have better players, but if they are not interested and don't put the shift in then they ain't better players for the football club, give me a grafter who stops the opposition playing I.E Fordy any day, Look at Falcao at Man Utd, not interested so therefore a waste of time despite his talent !

BeautifulMelYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BeautifulMelYeltz » 28 Feb 2015, 21:45

On a windy day at the Grove, the game started of as a very nervy,slightly disjointed performance by the Yeltz
we could easily have been 2/3 goals down in the first quarter, but lady luck said no way hozay, as Ashton chances went a begging. Still we went in at half time, one up, through an own goal, but we steadily worked our way back into the game and probably deserved our lead,why we looking at times for the ball to come to ground instead of clearing first time l could not understand. We appeared very uncertain in our action/decision making defensively at crucial moments.

Ashton you would assume would have received a wrong royal rocket from their manager at halftime and so its was to be as two well taken goals, both good shots on goal, quickly gave them the lead, which l believe they deserved, with their quick decisive play and a third was soon to follow to close the game out.

But still the Yeltz came back with a well worked goal, with Aaron Griffiths hitting the back of the net, Yeltz battling onto the end, but not able to find an equaliser, perhaps a point could have been a possibility, myself l felt the first half quarter chances, just gave Ashton United the edge for their three points.

I still feel we are to say the least, a little lacking in streetwise ability, at vital moments, we do not seem to know how to slow a game, be a bit more canny to gain free kicks. It not about cheating or trying to con the ref, take along look at the top six or so sides in this division, they all do it at certain/critical times in their matches. We really need to catch on more quickly to take advantage of these type of situations, cuter at free kicks, corners and more variety with throw in, yes the Tonker throws are mostly effective, but more variation is needed,

Are Ashton a good side, I believe so, they know how to win well,good or nasty something we really aren't to good at times, look at their two goals/ shots on goal, well worked, decisive...why can't shoot more often!!,

Will Ashton make the playoffs, very possibly with their application, there's a fair chance,I believe they dealt well with our pudding of a pitch, enough has been said on that subject for now.

On a more cheery note, the Yeltz faithful, gave great support as always, so onwards to Saturday... to Whitby Town, Yeltz Family Support will be there in full song, following the lads no matter what. :D :D

I am really proud of this club, to be where we are at this moment is a tremendous effort by all the squad and I for one will follow them no matter what happens. :D :D

BeautifulMelYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BeautifulMelYeltz » 28 Feb 2015, 22:03

Great comments by RaidenYeltz and dazzzlingdazza true Yeltz men to the end of time. :D :D :D
Last edited by BeautifulMelYeltz on 28 Feb 2015, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 28 Feb 2015, 22:03

Yeltz27 wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote: We are a bloody good side but we need more killer instinct and better quality up front. Hard work and a never say die attitude can only take you so far. Unfortunately.
This is the point I was trying to make in October when I caused so much of a stir

And in relation to your point about better players might not work as hard, the reason they are better players in the first place is because they work/have worked harder
I see the c***s have come out the woodwork now we're on a 'bad run'. A so called bad run against the top 5 all but Nantwich...from fighting for their lives.

Keep your 'pretty on the eye' players.

One has been brought in recently and I tell you what, we're a better team without egos.

Give me Tonks and Bragoli any day over such egos.

And give me positivity over your pathetic, cretinous stupidity.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 28 Feb 2015, 22:10

RaidenYeltz wrote:
Yeltz27 wrote:
RaidenYeltz wrote: We are a bloody good side but we need more killer instinct and better quality up front. Hard work and a never say die attitude can only take you so far. Unfortunately.
This is the point I was trying to make in October when I caused so much of a stir

And in relation to your point about better players might not work as hard, the reason they are better players in the first place is because they work/have worked harder
I see the c***s have come out

And give me positivity over your pathetic, cretinous stupidity.
Excuse me?

Just because I have a different opinion to you doesn't mean I deserve that.

For all you know I might have been saying the same as I did in October privately. But because you get treated as above it is a waste of time posting those thoughts on here. I pay my money to go just as you do and am a long standing supporter of the club. I am entitled to my opinion and don't deserve to receive abuse for that. I haven't said anything abusive to you in the slightest. It's appalling.

I don't like the fact that one or two on here can be critical, but if you don't agree you are abused.

I will give an example of how ludicrous it is. I said in October that £10 was too much to watch these players. I got slaughtered. Yet a couple of months later, you Raiden, posted exactly the same and nothing was said. It's absolutely absurd

So much for the #yeltzfamily

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 28 Feb 2015, 23:46

As daft as it sounds we could have won that. We scored two and had two cleared off the line. Some folk have said their keeper should also have been sent off as he kicked Joe Hull after Aaron scored.

As good as we have been defensively this season, individual errors have cost us today, along with some quality finishing. At this level we can't get away with that. Not once do I recall us being gifted a single goal all season, (before today's own goal) and we've had to graft incredibly hard for every goal we have scored. They were a decent side but there wasn't much between the teams.

We need to just get a result of some kind next week, the performance isn't really important but we need to get a result of some kind. Once again, not a criticism of the effort and determination of the players who clearly gave it their all. I see John Hill has tweeted tonight mentioning today was our 47th game of the season. An incredible amount of games really when you consider it and it's credit to the players for such a big effort at a higher level.

I'm sure the players will continue to do their all for the shirt, keep backing them and it'll turn in our favour.

Keep the faith, see you at the seaside next week!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 01 Mar 2015, 11:21

Just to add to the comment about yesterday being our 47th game of the season, we've only lost 13 of those 47 games. That means with only lost less than a third of our games this season in all competitions. Considering that we've only just been promoted to this league I think that is a great achievement. It's also a reflection of how well we have done this season. As Raiden said, we are a bloody good side. This statistic shows just how well we have done this season and also how far we have come!

Despite yesterday's defeat I am immensely proud of the yeltz because we have achieved more than we expected yet again and we have adapted to a very difficult division. I am satisfied with our current position and I can't see why anyone else wouldn't be, so why does there seem to be a hint of negativity on here? If you had told the players at the start of the season that we would be 9th in February they would have bitten your hand off! We should proud of our achievements so far and enjoy the rest of the season

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 01 Mar 2015, 15:47

Here we go again. Nobody allowed to make a constructive comment without been slaughtered just because its not cringingly positive. For what its worth I think we are a decent side but we are not the Barcelona some would have us believe. Lets get real and allow people to air their reasonable views. If anyone says we are really crap they need pulling up because we are not, but equally I can see why others get frustrated when we are told to toe the party line and say everything is absolutely over the top fantastic, when its not that either.

old git
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by old git » 01 Mar 2015, 17:04

Hear a lot about our pitch lately
Obviously it's not ideal, but watch Blyth v Stamford and Grantham v FCUM on You Tube and then tell me ours is worse >:( >:(

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 01 Mar 2015, 21:51

old git wrote:Hear a lot about our pitch lately
Obviously it's not ideal, but watch Blyth v Stamford and Grantham v FCUM on You Tube and then tell me ours is worse >:( >:(
I'm not going to say our pitch is worse, but it is in a really bad state. Hence the negative comments. Obviously its not to blame for our result yesterday because both sides are in the same boat when it comes to playing on it, so to speak. But the state of pitch is awful. If you had told an Ashton fan yesterday that we had re-turfed the goal mouth in front of the shed end in July, I imagine they would have had a hard time believing you.