Ashton United Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ashton United Updates

Post by watsisnerm » 05 Mar 2015, 14:17

Washy002 wrote:Paul - there was lots of volunteers over the summer but spent all their time time picking up the "quality top soil" of rocks and glass off the pitch!! I even remember Colin walking up and down with a carrier bag!

Also... At the last "working party"... We had about 20 people - more than we have had in years!! We got loads done if I remember correctly!

And I'm sure if another party was organised there would be those same people!! People will turn up to organised events but probably don't have the time to volunteer week in week out.
and to rub salt in the wounds of the 'soil' fiasco, we now need volunteers to remove the pile of it from s/bridge rd turnstyles..so many man hours..volunteer man hours been wasted on this!!

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 05 Mar 2015, 14:27

watsisnerm wrote:
Washy002 wrote:Paul - there was lots of volunteers over the summer but spent all their time time picking up the "quality top soil" of rocks and glass off the pitch!! I even remember Colin walking up and down with a carrier bag!

Also... At the last "working party"... We had about 20 people - more than we have had in years!! We got loads done if I remember correctly!

And I'm sure if another party was organised there would be those same people!! People will turn up to organised events but probably don't have the time to volunteer week in week out.
and to rub salt in the wounds of the 'soil' fiasco, we now need volunteers to remove the pile of it from s/bridge rd turnstyles..so many man hours..volunteer man hours been wasted on this!!
Sod the working party then, lets just leave it there.

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 05 Mar 2015, 14:52

yeltz85 wrote:
watsisnerm wrote:

good idea, then the volunteers can get on with proper jobs...painting, maintenance etc

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 05 Mar 2015, 15:23

I'm pretty sure all this petty squabbling is doing little to encourage people to want to help. Could this not be done elsewhere? It does nobody, not least the football club any credit. If you want to help, then great. If not, then don't.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

HurstGreenHTFC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by HurstGreenHTFC » 05 Mar 2015, 16:03

What would Halesowen Town FC be without a good old moan.
Theres always something thats wrong, something that someone should have done, something that needs putting right blah blah blah.
In fact its the same as all of your other clubs, Villa, WBA, Blues etc etc - take a good look. Yep theres something not right at any of them.
Are we any different - NO.
We can moan about the pitch until next year.
We can moan that somebody should have done something about it for the next year.
We can moan that the toilets should have been done.
We can moan that some of the floodlights need replacing.
We can moan that the litter needs picking up.
We can moan that you got 26 chips in your tray whereas I got 27.

Unfortunately in this world there are moaners who just moan and there are moaners who do something about it. The working party last time was a great success with lots being done. We have a huge game for the club next weekend with a large crowd expected - sit on your arses and do nothing and the work will still get done because the few who are committed will turn up.

Stop the petty moaning, the back stabbing, the finger pointing and the criticism and start looking at the positives for a change.

Remember there will ALWAYS be something wrong. Working together we can reduce the severity of this. Working against each other will only serve to make the cracks bigger.

Washy002
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Washy002 » 05 Mar 2015, 16:33

As you can see from my pervious post... I persoanally wasn't moaning at all... Just pointing out we do have volunteers :-)unfortunately I can't be there Tuesday but will be there pre season as always!

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 05 Mar 2015, 16:39

And the alternative is to bury our head in the sand and pretend we can't see or do anything?

The pitch is quite an important factor of any club! I, personally, don't expect a carpet. I realise there are money and other restrictions as well as adverse weather which can't be helped. But to see the pitch in its current state isn't great is it? Especially when more could and should have been done.

I don't think it's harsh to criticise whoever about the pitch.

Another thing you mention, the toilets. How would you feel if you, as a sponsor, paid money to have them revamped only to see your money disappear and nothing happen?

I'm sure hard work was put in by Chris to attract such a sponsor and money. It's sad to see such effort go down the pan...

How will that help in attracting future sponsors? Again it's more damage to the club on important issues.

I don't enjoy moaning but those two specific points are quite big in the grand scheme of things. And what makes it worse is that good people have put so much effort in, and for what?

I see it as a shame.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 05 Mar 2015, 16:50

RaidenYeltz wrote:And the alternative is to bury our head in the sand and pretend we can't see or do anything?

The pitch is quite an important factor of any club! I, personally, don't expect a carpet. I realise there are money and other restrictions as well as adverse weather which can't be helped. But to see the pitch in its current state isn't great is it? Especially when more could and should have been done.

I don't think it's harsh to criticise whoever about the pitch.

Another thing you mention, the toilets. How would you feel if you, as a sponsor, paid money to have them revamped only to see your money disappear and nothing happen?

I'm sure hard work was put in by Chris to attract such a sponsor and money. It's sad to see such effort go down the pan...

How will that help in attracting future sponsors? Again it's more damage to the club on important issues.

I don't enjoy moaning but those two specific points are quite big in the grand scheme of things. And what makes it worse is that good people have put so much effort in, and for what?

I see it as a shame.

I was critical of the (lack of) work done on the pitch in general in the summer, but what is done is done. There is nothing anyone can do to change it now unless you have an obscene amount of money you'd like to lay a new pitch. The club I'm sure have learnt lessons from the mistakes made, we should give the club the opportunity to learn from these mistakes before being so melodramatic.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 05 Mar 2015, 17:20

yeltz85 wrote:
watsisnerm wrote:

Saying that, I will be there as normal to do what needs to be done.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 05 Mar 2015, 17:33

[/quote]

Saying that, I will be there as normal to do what needs to be done.[/quote]

See you there! :)