Re: Ashton United Updates

Post by andy » 03 Mar 2015, 10:42

Gooo on Ken, just admit it.

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 03 Mar 2015, 18:18

Yeltz27 wrote:
BeautifulMelYeltz wrote:Great comments by RaidenYeltz and dazzzlingdazza true Yeltz men to the end of time. :D :D :D
It is curious that you consider people who are abusive to fellow fans to be "true Yeltz men"

How have I been abusive ? I don't agree with your comments but I haven't in any way said stick them up your a*** have I ?

I just remember the last time you commented back in October our members of our management team were a little fed up with those comments made (and steered clear from viewing the forum) when what has been achieved by them is nothing short of miraculous !

Make your comments by all means but maybe just look at the progress being made rather than 1 game where perhaps we could/should have done better.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 03 Mar 2015, 18:29

dazzlingdazza wrote:
Yeltz27 wrote:
BeautifulMelYeltz wrote:Great comments by RaidenYeltz and dazzzlingdazza true Yeltz men to the end of time. :D :D :D
It is curious that you consider people who are abusive to fellow fans to be "true Yeltz men"

How have I been abusive ? I don't agree with your comments but I haven't in any way said stick them up your a*** have I ?

I just remember the last time you commented back in October our members of our management team were a little fed up with those comments made (and steered clear from viewing the forum) when what has been achieved by them is nothing short of miraculous !

Make your comments by all means but maybe just look at the progress being made rather than 1 game where perhaps we could/should have done better.
I'm sorry, I should have deleted your name in that quote above as I wasn't referring to you. That was a mistake and I apologise.

I am not making any comments after just one game. As I said on Saturday, I haven't posted on here since October so my feelings for all you know might not have changed since then. I might well have other things I would like to say but after previous experience there is no point in doing so

gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gingeryeltz » 03 Mar 2015, 20:56

KenR wrote:Gingeryeltz, me a bluenose ? wash your mouth out with sulphuric acid.
I do not have any sulphuric acid Ken but maybe I could try hydrochloric? !
BTW, of course I knew you were a Viller
- just like I know Dazzling and also Doc support the mighty LEEDS ................... Lol ;D

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 04 Mar 2015, 07:55

gingeryeltz wrote:
KenR wrote: - just like I know Dazzling and also Doc support the mighty LEEDS ................... Lol ;D

*Shudders*

When YDJnr was about 5, as part of his indoctrination into all things football, I taught him to sing, "You'll never make the station" at my LUFC supporting neighbour, in an amusing homage to those lovely Elland Roaders and their haunting refrain, informing the away support that the long walk back to Leeds town centre may be a bit, er, tricky.

The next time he came around, Joe set himself, and at the top of his tiny lungs, shouted,
"You'll never build the station".

D'Oh...

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 04 Mar 2015, 16:06

gingeryeltz wrote:
KenR wrote:Gingeryeltz, me a bluenose ? wash your mouth out with sulphuric acid.
I do not have any sulphuric acid Ken but maybe I could try hydrochloric? !
BTW, of course I knew you were a Viller
- just like I know Dazzling and also Doc support the mighty LEEDS ................... Lol ;D
Gingeryeltz I do wish you would stop swearing ! ;D The Yeltz are my one and only. Man Utd a distant 2nd Nowadays, them Yorkshire Bitters from Elland Road are just nobodies, have been for a while !

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 05 Mar 2015, 09:11

I've had no replies in offers for assistance... Never mind. It's always worth a try. When people moan about bits around the ground etc I shall remind them that most of the work/maintenance is carried out by volunteers.

Washy002
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Washy002 » 05 Mar 2015, 13:31

Paul - there was lots of volunteers over the summer but spent all their time time picking up the "quality top soil" of rocks and glass off the pitch!! I even remember Colin walking up and down with a carrier bag!

Also... At the last "working party"... We had about 20 people - more than we have had in years!! We got loads done if I remember correctly!

And I'm sure if another party was organised there would be those same people!! People will turn up to organised events but probably don't have the time to volunteer week in week out.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 05 Mar 2015, 13:36

Washy002 wrote:Paul - there was lots of volunteers over the summer but spent all their time time picking up the "quality top soil" of rocks and glass off the pitch!! I even remember Colin walking up and down with a carrier bag!

Also... At the last "working party"... We had about 20 people - more than we have had in years!! We got loads done if I remember correctly!

And I'm sure if another party was organised there would be those same people!! People will turn up to organised events but probably don't have the time to volunteer week in week out.
There is one this coming Tuesday. Its on the Official Website.

Trouble is, lack of match day volunteers too.... People not doing things they should/used to do.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 05 Mar 2015, 13:55

I think it's all well and good asking for volunteers (which we do have plenty of by the way!) but what's the point when the pitch is so poorly managed? - in terms of a real plan and real care. This isn't intended to be a dig at Ant - far from it, he's done what he can with very limited resources, but rather the long term quality of our pitch.

At the end of last season the pitch was in a dire state - it's even worse now! Now I know nothing about pitch maintenance but I do know that leaving a bad pitch by not working on it until the very last second of pre-season is frankly pi$$ poor management. I recall there was serious doubt whether we'd manage to get the first home friendly on, that's not good enough is it?

Surely as soon as the last ball of our last home game has been kicked work should begin to rectify the pitch.

Is it that hard to get a plan of maintenance and repair together?

What doesn't help is having three plus teams on the same pitch. It just can not work. Causeway shouldn't be playing here and neither should Albion ladies, while the pitch is in this state. Is it really worth the minimal income? The damage that they've done to the pitch has perhaps caused more damage than income earned.

Surely the short sighted nature of pound signs from the income of having Causeway and Albion ladies is exactly that, short sighted.

Just all round poor management. And frankly if a similar attitude is taken this pre-season then we don't deserve the hard work and man hours that good people put in.