Ashton United Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
HurstGreenHTFC
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ashton United Updates

Post by HurstGreenHTFC » 05 Mar 2015, 17:39

Mr Raiden,

Firstly I am Chris who you refer to who got the toilets sponsored in the first place.
Secondly, none of us are blind to the pitch. We all know its not great. We all know that we should have started earlier on it last year. We all know where we went wrong. We also all know what to do this year to ensure it resembles something like a football field instead of the rec next door.

As Rob has said, there are not unlimited funds for this so we will do the best with what we have got.

In a way I'm happy for you to keep mentioning it every month as that must mean there are no other more pressing issues for you to raise. In another way your argument and comments are starting to wear a bit thin. Its now March - lets move on hey ?

Do you want an apology, an admission of error, a statement to say the club were in the wrong ? I'll do all of them on behalf of the club but it won't change the past.

Rest assured we have learnt for the future and (touch wood) the playing surface will be much improved next season.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 05 Mar 2015, 18:48

I only mention it a lot as I genuinely believe it's effecting the quality of games we see and how we play. I won't mention it from now on if it ruffles feathers.

I don't want nothing other than actions this summer.

I'll be there for the working parties offering my time along with many others.

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 05 Mar 2015, 21:52

RaidenYeltz wrote:
Saying that, I will be there as normal to do what needs to be done.[/quote]

See you there! :)[/quote]

And me :D

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 05 Mar 2015, 21:55

personally I just want to know how Chris manages to get 27 chips, tell you its one rule for one........ ;D

Not at Whitby so see as many of you as possible on Tuesday. :-*

gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by gingeryeltz » 05 Mar 2015, 23:12

RaidenYeltz wrote:I only mention it a lot as I genuinely believe it's effecting the quality of games we see and how we play. I won't mention it from now on if it ruffles feathers.

Last edited by gingeryeltz on 05 Mar 2015, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.

gingeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ashton United Updates - 'Soil (at the) gate'

Post by gingeryeltz » 05 Mar 2015, 23:17

RaidenYeltz wrote:I only mention it a lot as I genuinely believe it's effecting the quality of games we see and how we play. I won't mention it from now on if it ruffles feathers.

I will also be there in the summer on the pitch for the working parties as I do care about the club and have done so over the last 10 years + .............

Although I do not wish to directly blame the alleged offender regarding the pile of soil/crap, I do however wish to mention the following as few on here will know this story :

On exiting the S*******dge Road end on 29/11/2014 following the F.A.T. win against Gresley I came directly into contact with this 'soil' - its positioning caused me to go A*** over T** ............... (not alcohol related btw)
I then spent the evening in pain and on Sunday morning I spent 4 hours at Russells Hall with a suspected broken arm.
Fortunately following an xray I found I had not broken my arm but I had suffered muscle damage - I was prescribed strong anti-biotics and I then had to arrange lifts to work for the following few days as I was working in Herefordshire that particular week and I could not drive.
I mentioned this incident to a club management member (who I do not wish to name) but action was not taken to remove the pile of soil.
The incident was viewed by a number of fellow fans who came to my aid but I wish to stress that I am not looking for sympathy here or a compensation claim against the club ( I am a young (ish!) guy btw)

The moral (not M**s*n) of my story is that the club could easily have had a claim against it if I was that way inclined but I am not so PLEASE get it sorted soon and put an end to this before somebody else has a similar incident to mine!
Also, please do not throw the lack of finances back at me as I have more years working in senior finance positions that a number of poster ages on here, so sorry I do not buy that one.................

p.s sorry for the rant but this just had to be said.
p.p.s. I am sure that a request will be made to remove this post or even ban me but is this really a good way to treat a loyal supporter? (that comment reminds me of the 'Eaton Hotel' incident - one for the long term posters lol)

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 06 Mar 2015, 07:50

Don't see why it should be removed Gingie. It's a well known and true story, so no issue.

Pantverdant

Post by Pantverdant » 07 Mar 2015, 16:15

Am I unobservant but I've missed this slag heap at the Grove! :-\