Yeltz Forum Member

Re: FC United Updates

Post by piearce9 » 24 Feb 2015, 21:34

Tonksy off, Macca on.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 24 Feb 2015, 21:44

It's finished 1-0 to FCUM. Sounds like we ran them close, no shame in that result. We go again Saturday.

Cornwall yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Cornwall yeltz » 24 Feb 2015, 21:46

Lots of praise from the commentators it sounds like we gave them a very good game.. Well done lads..

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 24 Feb 2015, 21:50

Unlucky lads, sounds like a close hard fought game. Nice to hear their commentary giving us lot of credit saying we're a tough team to beat. Plenty of praise for Curtis Tilt as well, sounds like he had a blinder!

Overall, no shame losing to them. For me they'll win the league easy now.

But sounds like after a poor showing on Saturday we at least put in a much better performance tonight.

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 24 Feb 2015, 22:33

Sounded like we gave it a right good effort and did our best which is really all you can ask. Well done

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 25 Feb 2015, 00:30

Just got back...journey home a lot less painful than the journey there!

A tough game, and without doubt the best side I've seen us play this season. Those who went to Guiseley will remember us giving a really good account of ourselves having a few chances, Sarge making loads of saves but the players giving a brilliant effort. Tonight was in that mold but Sarge didn't have anywhere near as much to do as that day due to some excellent defending.

We started off with the normal back 3 and wing backs with three central midfielders of Tonksy, Forde and Jones. Jones had a little bit more license it seems to drift wherever there was space either wide or in between the lines of the forwards and midfield. We started well considering the coach was late(ish) getting to the ground and although they threatened we held firm and seemed confident ourselves in going forward. The best chance fell to Ben when the keeper saved 1 on 1, the ball seemed to stick under his feet a little unfortunately. We had a couple more half chances but their defence was as well organised as ours and didn't really allow us to get a shot off in time.

In the second half, again we defended resolutely and were unlucky not to catch them on the break a couple of times. Bragoli came on for the injured Forde (who was outstanding), and during the half Turner came on for Haseley - (JJ then moved upfront) and Mackenzie came on for Tonks. We huffed, puffed and battled really well. I could see John Hill's intention in playing Jake as a playmaker and his running with the ball caused them problems a couple of times during the game. Some might have expected John to have gone with the tried and tested midfield three but it was great to see us actually go there and try and win. Only their quality prevented us from getting something. This was a much improved performance to that at Nantwich so credit to all involved.

As an aside, the FC fans were absolutely brilliant, sang constantly through the game in support of their team. Not only that, before the game loads came up to speak with us, after the game they came up and shook our hands, thanked us for coming and wished us a safe journey home. Nothing 'Billy Big Bollocks' about them at all as maybe I naively had expected. Many FC United fans commented on how they're looking forward to visiting us in a few weeks as it is a ground they've not visited before and they hear it is a 'proper football ground'. I'm sure we'll make them feel equally as welcome but of course try and send them home with no points.

Only two players failed to acknowledge the traveling fans which was a little disappointing, but a really pleasant night out watching us play what will probably be the league winners. It shows how far this teams has come to be giving a club like FC United such a close game, so much so even their fans commented on what a tough opponent we were. - Well done John Hill and his team
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 25 Feb 2015, 11:54

Enjoyable night out and much better than Saturday.

Rob's nailed the report, as ever, but a couple of notes of caution or concern. We haven't scored in four, and we look short of confidence up front. Hopefully the floodgates will open soon.

Also, Jake Jones is a bit of a curate's egg at the moment. Winner on debut, totally lost at left wing back v Nantwich (Curtis had to introduce himself to him after the match, as he hadn't seen him during it...) and by turns the best creative spark and the most petulant child on the pitch last night.

I was happy to see him play in a midfield three last night, and creatively he did very well, he adds something that Fordey, Tonkshinio and Brags don't have. But his gobbing off, giving the "onanist handshake" to their fans on Saturday, getting himself booked when fouled after a great mazy run last night by gobbing off and waving his hand at the ref to say their bloke should be booked, and general "attitude" don't seem great.

I hope JH can knock a few rough edges off, because he could be the spark we miss in the middle. One of their fans came across to ask me who he was, so impressed had he been with his play.
Some of their other forum users seemed less so -
Thought their no. 11 was a cheating, time-wasting c**t. Finally got the yellow he deserved when trying to get his opponent booked. Ar**hole.
Their number 11 was a right nob.
And number 8, the soft arse. :lol:
A quote from a player last night, "That 11 was a right gobby pr*ck . Shame he did all that, there's a good player underneath all that crap."
Bit harsh on Tonksy's arse...

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 25 Feb 2015, 13:49

YeltzDoc wrote:I hope JH can knock a few rough edges off, because he could be the spark we miss in the middle.
Interesting that you mention all this about Jake Jones, Doc, as someone previously pointed out that he was the King's Lynn player that more or less crawled off the pitch when substituted against us earlier this season. I'm not going to deny the fact that I offered him some of those starry-worded quotations of my own, especially after we equalised at the death.

I doubt Sir John will put up with that nonsense- it goes against what the team is about and, even as a fan, I'd rather not see it. I get the impression that attitude is number one on his list, and we've always shifted on players with the wrong mentality fairly quickly.

BeautifulMelYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BeautifulMelYeltz » 25 Feb 2015, 15:06

Just to say fine report by Rob Lloyd, nailed it fella, re JJ sure Lord/Sir John Hill CBE, OBE,KOG, of Halesowen will be watching very carefully, he won't allow any prima donnas at our club, we all know that, but give JJ time to settle, he's still trying to get to know the squad, remember he was out for a few games. Feel he should given more of a roaming role, when John picks him to start. Lets wait look and see, time will tell. Great effort by the team last night, fantastic away support by the "Yeltz Family" FC United should have more than enough to have their hands on the tittle.
Their supporters where excellent, great banter before and after the game, credit to the league and their club, never stopped singing. Should be more than an interesting game when they come to the Grove, all supporters, me thinks should cram into the shed end, as they will take the Stourbr*dge end come ye mighty Yeltzzzs ;) ;) ;)