Curzon Ashton Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Curzon Ashton Updates

Post by dazzlingdazza » 18 Feb 2015, 17:10

A game we were a little fortunate to get a point in the end, few chances, none really for us and a couple for them, I said that the point at Workington would be even better if we got 3 points against Curzon, with only getting a point Saturdays point doesn't seem as good. It doesn't take a mathematical genius to work out if we had list Saturday and won tonight we would be a point better off, on the other hand 2 clean sheets, a defence which just gets more solid.

We really need to beat Nantwich on Saturday to try and keep the pressure on those above us, while we can still make the play offs we may as well be positive and make it a distinct possibility, however whatever happens it's been a great season already and everyone involved in HTFC deserves great credit !

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 18 Feb 2015, 20:17

Mission accomplished, 50 points gained by 17th February. Well done to all concerned. I've learnt a lot over the last two games in particular. Both Curzon and Workington will finish in the play offs (or there or thereabouts) we still have a little way to go to get there. This isn't a criticism of the players or coaching staff but maybe a touch of reality hitting home. In both of the two games I've mentioned we've struggled to create much in the way of chances, but still look really well organised and hard to break down and it is very pleasing to see we can shut out two good attacking teams.
As for last nights game, I have to give credit to Curzon, they took almost every free kick and throw in quickly to try and catch us out of position but credit to our lads for holding their shape well and this not causing too much of a problem. They were maybe a little cuter than us in terms of winning/getting fouls much to the frustration of the crowd. Some of his decisions were just baffling I have to say, he seemed to give fouls for the slightest little things in the areas of the pitch that were no risk, but in the last third of the pitch he gave nothing.
A point more gained and i think we'll possibly play lesser teams, not play so well and win. Looking forward to Nantwich on Saturday, hopefully now we have the 50pts we'll see us get a goal or two...
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 19 Feb 2015, 08:48

I agree we didn't do enough to win. By the same token we didn't deserve to lose. Was a game between two evenly matched teams who cancelled each other out.

The ref was abysmal. Stop start attitude and contributed to the poor nature of the game. Along with the pitch, of course. Must be difficult to get a flowing game going on our pitch with a fussy and clueless ref.