Workington

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Poll
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Workington

Post by Poll » 14 Feb 2015, 17:13

I just made it to the station after all that injury time. One of their lads got stretchered off

We dropped very deep last 15 mins and couldn't keep hold of the ball, but fantastic fighting spirit and great defending earned a hard fought point.

They had most of play but only a few long shots. Sarge made a fantastic save to keep a free kick out of the top corner.

Great support too from the usual suspects. All in all a very good game

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 14 Feb 2015, 21:58

Just got back, apologies for the poor coverage of the game on the official Facebook/Twitter. My wifi on my phone was awful.

A long journey but trouble free in terms of traffic problems made easy by the stunning scenery in the last hour of our journey there.

As for the game there was no Asa in the squad and it appeared like Jake Jones failed some kind of late fitness test, when the team was announced we were trying to work out if Fordey was dropping back to CB or we were going 4-4-2. Neither happened though and we saw Kristian line up as our right sided central defender of the three and Elliot Turner at right wing back.

They started well hitting the bar in the first ten minutes and having a shout for a penalty turned down, we went straight up the other end from Ben's great run and could have taken the lead if Isedyn's pass back to Ben had not been intercepted. Sargeant made another fine save from a shot from distance tipping over the bar. Although we had a good share of the possession and territory we didn't really create too much in the way of chances. An injury to Forde just before half time (looked like a hamstring injury) meant Macca came on.

The second half was much like the first really, they had two or three long range efforts but our excellent defensive shape and willingness to put our bodies on the line meant that Sarge had to deal with no more than a couple of crosses and a couple more excellent long range strikes. John Hill had a go at changing the attacking threat by taking off the hard working Ben and Isedyn and replacing them with little the large of Lloyd and Daniels. They did a good job I thought considering their lack of time on the pitch together.

Overall a really solid performance, never really looked like winning in truth and they edged it, but we put a stop to their 9 consecutive home wins and stopped them from really opening us up. Ironically I thought we missed Kristian down the right today, his attacking presence was missed (nothing against Turner by the way). Not sure why Asa wasn't there but if Kettle had been, he would surely have played!

Nice to meet Poll today, and well done for joining in with our lot and our singing. Thanks to the Yeltz family for a great day, in particular John for that monster amount of driving!

Curzon on Tuesday is HUGE, if we can beat them it'll really put us amongst the chasers, get down there and support the lads!
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

KingEdsYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by KingEdsYeltz » 15 Feb 2015, 12:20

http://www.workingtonreds.co.uk/forum/v ... 9&start=10

Everyone seems to be labelling us 'hoof ball' lately

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 16 Feb 2015, 09:58

They can label us all they want but one loss since October and unbeaten in 2015. I dont care. 8)