Thatcham

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Thatcham

Post by JohnC » 01 Oct 2011, 18:39

Funny thing football,

We bossed the game majority of the time.

Thatcham were not the best (2nd in table) team we have played this season.

Well done to all in keep trying. Not one sub.

Nathan Jackson had the best game for us since he joined. Never came on.

ZeeZee
Global Moderator

Post by ZeeZee » 01 Oct 2011, 20:35

Well done to the lads today, well deserved win and everyone battled, was a bit worrying when we started to let them into the game at 1 -0 but a storming finish.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/p00kjwc9

Some media whore was interviewed on WM (around 84 minutes in)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 02 Oct 2011, 19:07

Can only echo previous comments. Played some decent football at times and although the scoreline flattered us, we beat a previously unbeaten team. Surprised nobody has mentioned Arshads goal though, surely must be one of the best ever scored at the Grove. I've mentioned before (and got shot down for it for some reason), but this is a poor standard league, and i really think we are capable of winning any game we play. If we cut out the silly mistakes we could be up there come the end. Well done lads!!!

watsisnerm
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by watsisnerm » 02 Oct 2011, 19:27

last week we lost by the odd goal.. this week we won by 3 goals ..

ZeeZee
Global Moderator

Post by ZeeZee » 03 Oct 2011, 19:53

andy wrote:Can only echo previous comments. Played some decent football at times and although the scoreline flattered us, we beat a previously unbeaten team. Surprised nobody has mentioned Arshads goal though, surely must be one of the best ever scored at the Grove. I've mentioned before (and got shot down for it for some reason), but this is a poor standard league, and i really think we are capable of winning any game we play. If we cut out the silly mistakes we could be up there come the end. Well done lads!!!
Totally agree Andy, that the standard in this division is much lower than we have been used to, that said, the standard in the Premier has been poorer over the past couple of seasons. It appears any team can beat any other on their day in this league and our lot seem capable of beating most so there is always a chance that we could make the play offs, however, the main focus must be rebuilding the club off the field, getting the fans back to the Grove, involving the community and getting behind the Trust Board in efforts to continue to develop a successful working relationship with the club.
We have the club back, we are (mostly) concentrating on enjoying supporting our team again, anything else would be a real bonus (and probably a real p*ss up!)