Yeltz Forum Member

Re: 01 Nov 2014 Matclock Town Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 01 Nov 2014, 16:49

Full time: 1.1

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 01 Nov 2014, 17:36

We only seemed to play effectively for the last 10 minutes. Up to that point we barely had a shot on target and they were comfortable in the lead. Could've even won it with the deflected shot against the bar or the header near the end but that would've been a bit fortunate. However the change in formation with the subs did help. The game itself seemed to lack some tempo from both teams and unusually I think there were no cards nor stoppages for injuries.

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 01 Nov 2014, 20:04

In fairness i felt sorry for Wheels (Chris) who was asked to choose the Man of the Match, not an enviable task given today's showing.

In the end i think he came up with the correct decision in Matt, a few shaky moments, but a few top class saves too.

BBNOW100
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by BBNOW100 » 01 Nov 2014, 20:38

Personally I think Matt should have had it last match, Joe played very well but Matt won us the game virtually.
#YeltzTV

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 01 Nov 2014, 20:43

BBNOW100 wrote:Personally I think Matt should have had it last match, Joe played very well but Matt won us the game virtually.
was my feeling too, however thats the beauty of a individual picking the MOTM people watch the game from different perspectives

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 01 Nov 2014, 22:00

Probably our poorest performance of the season with little in the way of chances or creativity. After defending the fitness of the players over the last few weeks and praising their desire and effort I'm going to contradict myself to a degree now and say that I thought we looked a little flat footed, tired, and lacking a few ideas today. Credit to the players though they did finish stronger in the last ten minutes and could have won the game in the end.

Credit also to Matlock who prevented us from creating many chances, and Sarge did his job by keeping us in the game at the other end. I thought the substitutions helped us gain that momentum in the last ten minutes, in particular bringing Joel on it enabled Kristian to get forward a little more and his goal in my mind was great reward for his effort. I thought in fairness he was our best outfield player today and the one player who looked fresh and mobile. I really think we miss Laity when he ain't playing, when he gets the ball the crowd know he has that ability and pace to go past a player and I thought that was missing today.

I'm sure John Hill would love to be able to spend some quality time with the players on the training pitch to work on a few things as well. The players trained only once this week I would assume, which I'm sure covered a debrief of Saturday and Tuesday and would have included preparation about today. This has happened an awful lot this season and the players look like they could do with a few sessions on the training pitch as opposed to the pitch.

So, we travel to Matlock on Tuesday. Not ideal on a Tuesday night, but with a nice amount of prize money at stake for the winners it's important we try to progress in the competition. It might give John a few quid to spend possibly on his squad. Who knows?

Hope to see a good Yeltz turn out there. We'll probably keep away from the flag biters and aim for the covered terrace on the other side of the pitch.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 01 Nov 2014, 22:13

AVFCYELTZ wrote: Hope to see a good Yeltz turn out there. We'll probably keep away from the flag biters and aim for the covered terrace on the other side of the pitch.
Sheila reckons you should coat the edges of the flags with mustard ;D

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 02 Nov 2014, 11:18

I guess that if we can still hold them with an underpar performance, it might bode well for the replay. Matlock were not great either and a more upbeat tempo and greater desire to push players forward may be enough to win through. I for one am not enjoying this 4-5-1, i feel at home at least we should be showing more of an attacking threat. The last 10 minutes showed what is possible. Christian deserved that goal, my MOTM again.

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 03 Nov 2014, 19:28

wednesburystokie wrote:
AVFCYELTZ wrote: Hope to see a good Yeltz turn out there. We'll probably keep away from the flag biters and aim for the covered terrace on the other side of the pitch.
Sheila reckons you should coat the edges of the flags with mustard ;D
Good idea ! Lol. Just be careful no fingers are cut when opening the jar, if blood gets on the flags, it won't be good with a vampire around ! ;D