Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Witton Albion Updates

Post by wednesburystokie » 29 Oct 2014, 00:28

Joe Hull MOTM

Steve Glass
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Steve Glass » 29 Oct 2014, 08:04

Showed why attitudes are sometimes more important than flair. They were a very good team and the way everyone battled throughout was very impressive. For sure we have played much better -often to get a point or none at all, so to get 3 was an excellent result and very well deserved. Lately we have learned how to play in a league that is a much higher level than last season and seem like we belong in it.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 29 Oct 2014, 08:50

What has impressed me is how far we have come in terms of creating chances. Compare the last two home games to those before. The chances are being created.

Also what was nice to see was watching Witton spurn an absolute sitter seconds before we took the lead. It's that ruthlessness we need to show more of.

This group of players and management's attitude and desire to win and improve week on week is something special.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Oct 2014, 12:46

FFS, this is just getting stupid. Yes, i too am chuffed with the win, a great 3 points. But lets get real now. We were basically outplayed for most of the game and Sarge was terrific. With better finishing and more bodies hitting the box for their crosses across the face of goal, it could have been six. We too had chances but they were more good individual efforts than clear cut chances.
All the 'i get behind John and the lads, so i'm great' talk is just getting tiresome. Yes, they try hard and some of the football is very good, but believe me over the last 30 years the current side ranks average at best. We have played at a level one below the Conference proper, and finished 2nd, and we were not exactly awash with money then either. Even though John is a 'tactical genius', the players are 'demi gods' and the support is akin to Galataseray, a lot think not, and there are now quite a few people who will not post on here now for fear of being rubbished.
PS I'm not one of them. Get real.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 29 Oct 2014, 12:55

I thoroughly enjoyed last night's game - a win helped, of course.
It was end to end from the off - the first half seemed to fly by. We were on top until the break but Witton, to their credit, put us back on our heels for a lot of the second period. Our back four were solid and up to the challenge of the quick passing of Witton's front men.
Sarge's fantastic save towards the end was as much a match winner as Macca's goal.
All in all a fine advert for non-league football.
On a dismal damp night the fans behind the dugout and in The Shed gave terrific vocal support to JH and the players. I'm sure that it was duly noticed.
We're finding our feet in this league and the confidence is growing to match the high level of fitness. ;)
Well done those men!

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 29 Oct 2014, 13:26

With better finishing and more bodies hitting the box for their crosses across the face of goal, it could have been six.
If we had better finishing we could have had six too...don't understand that logic. The fact is we scored with one of our chances and they couldn't score with their chances.

I agree, we didn't play well, but we've been on the other end of games like that this season and I'm sure we will suffer defeat again in a similar vein.
Yes, they try hard and some of the football is very good, but believe me over the last 30 years the current side ranks average at best.
Surely if this is the case then it further illustrates the job John Hill is doing here. Two trophies last season and we're pushing mid table this year.

When you analyse our budget and then the budget of our league rivals then you will realise how much we're punching above our wait.
a lot think not, and there are now quite a few people who will not post on here now for fear of being rubbished.
There are players and management who have withdrawn from social media for the same reason - I don't blame them.

All comes down to that word again. Expectation.

I don't know what people expect. Some people won't be happy until we produce samba style football and winning every game 5-0. Even then I'm sure the same old people would still find something to moan about.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 29 Oct 2014, 13:30

lutleyyeltz wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed last night's game - a win helped, of course.
It was end to end from the off - the first half seemed to fly by. We were on top until the break but Witton, to their credit, put us back on our heels for a lot of the second period. Our back four were solid and up to the challenge of the quick passing of Witton's front men.
Sarge's fantastic save towards the end was as much a match winner as Macca's goal.
All in all a fine advert for non-league football.
On a dismal damp night the fans behind the dugout and in The Shed gave terrific vocal support to JH and the players. I'm sure that it was duly noticed.
We're finding our feet in this league and the confidence is growing to match the high level of fitness. ;)
Well done those men!
One defeat in seven league games now. Picking up 12 points in that process. Not a bad return for a newly promoted side who have a shoe string budget.

Only been defeated by more than one goal on one occasion, too.

Don't care if people think I'm a 'happy clapper' etc, that to me is a fantastic 'third' of the season.

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 29 Oct 2014, 13:41

I dont expect any more than we are getting to be honest. I just don't bull it and everything else up into something it isn't.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 29 Oct 2014, 13:50

I think it's best if I refrain from posting on here in future.

There's too much of a divide and I don't like the 'conflict' that is developing between those who are negative and those who are positive.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 29 Oct 2014, 14:06

Without wishing to antagonise anyone, as regards the issue of the levels of fitness in the Yeltz squad, I quote below the WBA manager's view of his wholesale changes last night.

A number of our players who have played in Premier League games recently openly said they were feeling the effects of recent games.

And it is their full-time job - it beggars belief! ???