buxton away

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: buxton away

Post by RaidenYeltz » 26 Oct 2014, 09:44

Yeltz27 wrote:Whilst the 4-5-1 might have stifled Buxton, and as much as I like Christie, playing him up front on his own is never going to work. He doesn't have the mobility to be able to perform the role effectively. That is not his fault and I wouldn't expect him to be able to. That's what I don't understand tactically.

I also noticed that the manager re tweeted my earlier post this evening. I find that very disappointing and quite unacceptable. Whilst the players might well play for the love of the game, we still pay a fair amount to watch them play and have a right therefore to express our views. Like I said about the referees last week, if they have to put up with the fans abuse then the managers and players have to accept some criticism if fans see something they think could be improved. It is a forum for people to express opinions after all. I accept people don't agree with me and that is fine, but I am entitled to my opinion just like everybody else
He probably found your criticism of his tactics and selections disappointing and quite unacceptable?

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 26 Oct 2014, 09:50

Yes, but I'm not the manager of a team where people are paying to watch. I'm involved in an industry where people pay to watch me and I have to accept bad reviews and criticism are part of the job. Nobody likes it but I cannot under any circumstances ever go on twitter and re tweet a criticism I don't like or imply that the audience are wrong

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 26 Oct 2014, 09:59

We're a newly promoted side who are sitting 3 points away from relegation with games in hand on our rivals.

We have pushed every sing opponent to the very last minute - barring Witton.

I just can't see any justification for criticism. But as you rightly say you're entitled to your opinion. I will leave it at that.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 26 Oct 2014, 10:59

Yeltz27 wrote:Yes, but I'm not the manager of a team where people are paying to watch. I'm involved in an industry where people pay to watch me and I have to accept bad reviews and criticism are part of the job. Nobody likes it but I cannot under any circumstances ever go on twitter and re tweet a criticism I don't like or imply that the audience are wrong
Where has John even said you were wrong? He may agree.... He retweeted it as just like us, he himself is entitled to an opinion.

We have the 7th best defense in the league, that's through hard team work. For a newly promoted team that's fantastic, (look at Belper who pushed us in both games last season).

We may not be able to go spend £300, £400, £500 on a player like some teams do. But what we do have with out limited resources is a squad that get on with each other, understand how to work hard and give their all each game. I looks like its going to take a while for some our fans a while to realise this.

I for one would rather watch this bunch of lads play than see the team chopping and changing when unloyal players go somewhere else after a few quid. Re Till & Coleman.

We now have three very winnable games against Witton, Matlock and Belper. Fingers crossed a few more wins as we aim to stay in this league.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 26 Oct 2014, 11:21

Yeltz27 wrote:Yes, but I'm not the manager of a team where people are paying to watch. I'm involved in an industry where people pay to watch me and I have to accept bad reviews and criticism are part of the job. Nobody likes it but I cannot under any circumstances ever go on twitter and re tweet a criticism I don't like or imply that the audience are wrong
As far as I can see JH rewteeted your comment, like he does many other tweets from fans. He hasn't actually commented whether he agrees or disagrees with you.
In all walks of life people are critical, all jobs are accountable, however you're also entitled to a right of reply. JH hasn't given a reply.
As I said previously, the manager has got a committed, loyal, dedicated bunch of players who are proud to wear our shirt. Yes we could do with more quality, but obviously the money isn't there to do it. Maybe you should be asking why?
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 26 Oct 2014, 13:58

Why can you not re-tweet or comment on audiences?

In a few days time we will remember those who gave their lives for free speech.

You are entitled to you opinion like anyone else. However, when ever you post on here, facebook or twitter with public access you have to be prepared for other people to put their opinion on and maybe share it elsewhere.

Whatever, you put on a public area you should also be prepared to say face to face. In my opinion.

Enjoyed the games as ever this season what ever, the result. Maybe last season people got too used to winning and see a loss or draw as a terrible result.

I always say as long as our team have tried their best, given their all I will support them win, draw or lose.
This appears to be the case with this team and management.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 26 Oct 2014, 15:54

In what I do, it is an unwritten rule that you never criticise your audience. Especially  if they have paid to come and watch you perform. Ten pounds is quite a lot of money still to watch  football. If we were paying 4 or 5 pounds to watch these games then I feel you might have a point.

It is all to do with perspective like the fitness thing. If you were in my profession you would see what I am saying about social media in a very different way to just saying people have a right of reply. The manager does have the local media etc to express his opinion. I didn't actually post my view on twitter as I didn't want it there.  It is not for somebody else to put it there is it?

And to suggest in any way that the manager could be tweeting it to say he agrees with me is a little ridiculous, especially when the second sentence says that the tactics baffle me. Is it really likely he would re tweet that if he agreed with it?

I, like everybody else want the team to be successful but at the moment there are things I feel could be improved. Keep saying it will all turn round and it will come good, is, in my opinion, a little hopeful unless one or two things are altered.  No I don't know about the inner workings of the club but I pay to go to the games and am entitled to my opinion. If people disagree with me then that is ok but I don't think what I have said over the last couple of weeks is as outrageous or as far from the truth as many believe. If I am wrong, we will see and I will happily say I am wrong. Time will tell

Capinjazz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Capinjazz » 26 Oct 2014, 16:05

at the start of the season, in a higher, harder league, we were hoping to finish mid table..hoping for`mid table` would mean we werent expecting to win every match..there ARE better, more experienced, higher paid teams..non of whom work as hard as our team..we arent being embarrassed, its only going to take a small change (improvement) to get us there..the hard part for John is where that small change happens so that it doesnt ruin what we already have that is good?!

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 26 Oct 2014, 16:42

I know it's ifs and buts...

BUT should we carry on to play as we have since Matlock away - a run that saw us five games unbeaten, until losing to second yesterday...we have a more than good shout of taking points off the next two league games.

Do that we'll be mid table with over a third of the season gone.

That would be a fantastic position.

As I say ifs and buts, but there isn't a great need to 'change' things given how we've been of late.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 26 Oct 2014, 16:51

Don't think anyone is saying it is perfect. Even seen some saying often a couple of tweeks. JH did one a few weeks back Curtis in midfield. Tesfa has only had the last two games due to international duties another change. Need to give time to settle in.