buxton away

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: buxton away

Post by RobYeltz » 26 Oct 2014, 17:31

Yeltz27 wrote:In what I do, it is an unwritten rule that you never criticise your audience. Especially  if they have paid to come and watch you perform. Ten pounds is quite a lot of money still to watch  football. If we were paying 4 or 5 pounds to watch these games then I feel you might have a point.

It is all to do with perspective like the fitness thing. If you were in my profession you would see what I am saying about social media in a very different way to just saying people have a right of reply. The manager does have the local media etc to express his opinion. I didn't actually post my view on twitter as I didn't want it there.  It is not for somebody else to put it there is it?

And to suggest in any way that the manager could be tweeting it to say he agrees with me is a little ridiculous, especially when the second sentence says that the tactics baffle me. Is it really likely he would re tweet that if he agreed with it?

I, like everybody else want the team to be successful but at the moment there are things I feel could be improved. Keep saying it will all turn round and it will come good, is, in my opinion, a little hopeful unless one or two things are altered.  No I don't know about the inner workings of the club but I pay to go to the games and am entitled to my opinion. If people disagree with me then that is ok but I don't think what I have said over the last couple of weeks is as outrageous or as far from the truth as many believe. If I am wrong, we will see and I will happily say I am wrong. Time will tell
A few things, if we we're paying £4-£5 to get in, you'd be seeing players wearing our shirt who wouldn't be good enough as the budget available to JH would be significantly lower.

Of course we all want the team to be successful, yes improvements are needed for us to move further forward, JH has tweeked the formation, juggled one or two players around in recent weeks and Saturday was our first defeat in 6 games against a team who will be there or thereabouts when the promotion race hots up. To make the improvements required we will need better players, I agree but as mentioned elsewhere in this thread give me a Tom Tonks who'll run his heart out for the club, has loyalty to the manager and club than a Peter Till who'll go elsewhere for a few more quid at the first opportunity they can. I've every faith that John Hill, Trev Burroughs, Rich Upton, Dan Watson and Kev Barry (when he's back in a couple of weeks) are doing everything they can to help us improve but it isn't as simple as it sounds to bring in a player who will fit in with what JH and the coaching team want.

Yes, you do have an opinion and of course you're entitled to it, I just think you need to think back to where this team was 2 years ago, and where it is now. We've made a massive amount of progress in that time and whilst our progress now may seem slow we're in a bigger pond with bigger fish this season. I'm confident JH is looking at the long term development of this club (Remember he was at Tipton for 10 years) and trying to run before you crawl will only mean you'll end up stumbling over.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 26 Oct 2014, 17:45

AVFCYELTZ wrote:
Yeltz27 wrote:In what I do, it is an unwritten rule that you never criticise your audience. Especially  if they have paid to come and watch you perform. Ten pounds is quite a lot of money still to watch  football. If we were paying 4 or 5 pounds to watch these games then I feel you might have a point.

It is all to do with perspective like the fitness thing. If you were in my profession you would see what I am saying about social media in a very different way to just saying people have a right of reply. The manager does have the local media etc to express his opinion. I didn't actually post my view on twitter as I didn't want it there.  It is not for somebody else to put it there is it?

And to suggest in any way that the manager could be tweeting it to say he agrees with me is a little ridiculous, especially when the second sentence says that the tactics baffle me. Is it really likely he would re tweet that if he agreed with it?

I, like everybody else want the team to be successful but at the moment there are things I feel could be improved. Keep saying it will all turn round and it will come good, is, in my opinion, a little hopeful unless one or two things are altered.  No I don't know about the inner workings of the club but I pay to go to the games and am entitled to my opinion. If people disagree with me then that is ok but I don't think what I have said over the last couple of weeks is as outrageous or as far from the truth as many believe. If I am wrong, we will see and I will happily say I am wrong. Time will tell
A few things, if we we're paying £4-£5 to get in, you'd be seeing players wearing our shirt who wouldn't be good enough as the budget available to JH would be significantly lower.

Of course we all want the team to be successful, yes improvements are needed for us to move further forward, JH has tweeked the formation, juggled one or two players around in recent weeks and Saturday was our first defeat in 6 games against a team who will be there or thereabouts when the promotion race hots up. To make the improvements required we will need better players, I agree but as mentioned elsewhere in this thread give me a Tom Tonks who'll run his heart out for the club, has loyalty to the manager and club than a Peter Till who'll go elsewhere for a few more quid at the first opportunity they can. I've every faith that John Hill, Trev Burroughs, Rich Upton, Dan Watson and Kev Barry (when he's back in a couple of weeks) are doing everything they can to help us improve but it isn't as simple as it sounds to bring in a player who will fit in with what JH and the coaching team want.

Yes, you do have an opinion and of course you're entitled to it, I just think you need to think back to where this team was 2 years ago, and where it is now. We've made a massive amount of progress in that time and whilst our progress now may seem slow we're in a bigger pond with bigger fish this season. I'm confident JH is looking at the long term development of this club (Remember he was at Tipton for 10 years) and trying to run before you crawl will only mean you'll end up stumbling over.
Very good post. I can't argue with any of that really. We all have different perspectives, and we will always in a way, automatically relate things to our own lives. I actually quite like the current management team even though it might not seem like it at the moment. I am a bit disappointed by the twitter thing but like I say, again, I am relating it to my own experiences.

Nobody would be more delighted than I would if this team were to succeed and I hope it does all come good. I've been going for over twenty years and I am sure I will still be going in another twenty. I am sorry if I have gone too far. Like you say, maybe I am too impatient

Tigeryeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Tigeryeltz » 26 Oct 2014, 19:19

I was at the game yesterday. Haven't been for a while but I was surprised how poor the team were. There is a severe lack of pace throughout the side. As I moved to hull for work a few years ago I haven't really seen the team since the days of Anya, Justin Rowe, Dean Brennan, super sub Jermaine Palmer etc. That team would easily outplay us currently

I noticed last week that somebody commented on the fitness levels of the players. My initial reaction was that this can't be true but having seen it today, there are in my opinion, one or two players who are carrying a little bit of extra timber. Whilst they give their all and that is very commendable, if the players were fitter we might be going in at half time 2-0 up for example instead of hanging on to a 0-0. £9 is quite a lot of money to watch football still and i feel personally that the players have a responsibility to look after themselves properly still even at this level. I train a lot myself and work as a Physio. I have never had anybody pay to watch me perform sports so I think it should be expected that the players go to the gym etc midweek. How people perceive fitness is of course down to their own levels of physical activity to a degree.

The tactics were odd. We used to have caskey and Hyde on the bench they have PL experience
The lack of pace is evident. There is none at all in the side and that pace comes once stamina is sorted. If stamina is an issue then gaining that pace is impossible and that seems to be a slight issue at the moment. I have no idea what Turner offers

I thoroughly enjoyed my day out. It was a shame about the result and hopefully I can get to a few more games soon.

yeltz85
Global Moderator

Post by yeltz85 » 26 Oct 2014, 20:05

I know some folks arn't keen on the option of 4-5-1 but it has been working very well for us recently. Stourbr*dge played it all last season and worked for them.

Just look at Belper Town, all season they have been playing a 4-4-2 and have been getting hammered. Yesterday they went to a 4-5-1, and won against Curzon....

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 26 Oct 2014, 20:28

Tigeryeltz wrote: The tactics were odd. We used to have caskey and Hyde on the bench they have PL experience
The lack of pace is evident. There is none at all in the side and that pace comes once stamina is sorted. If stamina is an issue then gaining that pace is impossible and that seems to be a slight issue at the moment. I have no idea what Turner offers
You are Yeltz27 and I claim my five pounds. :)

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 26 Oct 2014, 20:37

piearce9 wrote:
Tigeryeltz wrote: The tactics were odd. We used to have caskey and Hyde on the bench they have PL experience
You are Yeltz27 and I claim my five pounds. :)
I knew as soon as I saw that post that somebody would say that

CRH Yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by CRH Yeltz » 26 Oct 2014, 21:01

This thread is the match update for a game where we have gone away to 2nd in the league and lost narrowly. Everyone has a view on things but this is getting silly now.

Those who know me know my view on things as per this mornings post.

Can we now please get on with supporting the team and looking forward to Tuesday. Rant over!

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 26 Oct 2014, 23:46

I couldn't go on holiday without posting first.

I cannot believe what I am reading on this forum, yes people are entitled to their opinion, but for gods sake the job John Hill and his staff have done is nothing short of a miracle. What do certain people expect ? To win this league by 20 points ?? It's just not going to happen, this league is tough, in my opinion tougher than the Southern League. If we were rock bottom and detached then fair enough I could understand the criticism. But we are not we are fighting (and fighting well).

As supporters we should be ALL getting behind this team, these lads would run through brick walls for this football club and we should all acknowledge that. Give me a team of never say die, no egos than talented but lazy so and so's any day !

Some of the players read this forum and if I was a player knowing I have given my all I would feel deflated. Never seen so much crap in all my life that they ain't fit. These lads just don't stop working for each other !

We have just got promotion and we should all be enjoying the challenge of playing better teams, going to new grounds, it's going to take time before we master this league, but we should appreciate and understand what JH is doing, our club is in very good hands, let's all show him our support, until I see players not chasing back, showing the grit and determination that they have been I will not change my opinion. If that was the case JH would show the those players not pulling their weight the door anyway I am sure as this is what he demands, he gets the best out of these players, we do not have the budget to compete with lots of other teams, but if there is a player injured JH will act quick and get a replacement in.

Let's be realistic everyone ! What a job JH and the boys are doing. Keep it going I am positive we will finish mid table.

piearce9
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by piearce9 » 27 Oct 2014, 07:35

Oh, and another thing, Jermaine Palmer was dogsh*t! And Justin Rowe wasn't much better either!

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 27 Oct 2014, 07:46

It seems to have been easily forgotten that the likes of Caskey, Brennan, Anya and Maquemba, to name but four out of many others, were brought to the club on the promise of money that could not, and never was, fulfilled.
To compare that band of mercenaries to the present squad of committed players is both ludicrous and insulting to them and the present management team.
JH recruits players that want to play for him and the club. They are far fitter than any of the overweight has - beens that flocked to The Grove when they sensed an easy payday.
The irony, thankfully, is that a lot of them were disappointed!

As has been pointed out already, if the price was £5 to get in then you’d be watching pub quality players and have 30 other “fans” to keep you company.

Here endeth my two pennyworth.