Rushall Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Rushall Updates

Post by Yeltz27 » 21 Oct 2014, 23:28

Excellent performance tonight and great to get the win. Not even standing in that weather could make me say anything negative tonight. Let's hope we can start heading up the table now

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 22 Oct 2014, 00:57

Great win for the lads tonight, and surely our most satisfying performance of the season in the league so far. Very pleasing to see a first home win in the league finally, it sure has been a long time coming!

In all honesty though, I don't think we played that much different than some other times where we have played well throughout this season. I certainly look at the Rushall game away just over a month ago, particularly in the first half of that game, we were equally as good as that tonight.

The first half was very difficult for both teams what with the windy conditions where I decided to watch from The Harry Rudge Stand for the first time in god knows how many years but it proved to be a nice change of scenery. We just about edged the first half, with Ben's fine taken goal, they had a crucial chance just before half time which went wide where perhaps they should have scored but thankfully didn't, otherwise things could have been different.

I think the most crucial and defining moment was the second goal from Joe Hull, who I thought was excellent and contender for man of the match tonight! For once we managed to get that second goal which we haven't managed to get in a lot of games and it has come back to bite us. The 2nd goal managed to give us that breathing space and allowed us to play with more confidence and belief in ourselves.

In the end we were well deserved of the 3 points and a fantastic goal from Elliot Turner finished things off and put the game beyond doubt. We could have even made it 4 or 5 in the end to make it fully comprehensive, but guess that would have been a little greedy!

Other key points from tonight to mention - 314 attendance, not the best but have to take into consideration the weather but great vocal support from the crowd again, particularly in the 2nd half in the Shed. Have to agree about the Stourbr*dge chants too, maybe that should be kept till Boxing Day! But apart from that, regular performances like that from the lads and the 'bright golden haze on the meadow' will surely not be too far away!

Up the Yeltz!

Washy002
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Washy002 » 22 Oct 2014, 10:08

With no PA system last night to announce this. The Big Pet Store Man of the Match went to Neil Mckenzie... On his 50th appearance for Halesowen town!!

Well done macca :-)

andy
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by andy » 22 Oct 2014, 10:43

All been said already. Just chuffed for the lads, they thoroughly deserved it. Well done. Very happy.

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 22 Oct 2014, 11:58

A first home win - and an emphatic, thoroughly deserved one, too!
The weather conditions needed a high level of fitness - I think the lads passed that test adequately. ;)
A real confidence booster for players, management and fans alike!
All Yeltz fans should be happy and proud of the effort shown last night.

saddlersandyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by saddlersandyeltz » 22 Oct 2014, 12:48

Definitely. The nervousness and tension of previous home games seemed to melt away - both on the pitch and on the terraces. The lads seemed to have their mojo back - when they play with that kind of confidence and belief they are plenty good enough to compete in this league. Thought the backing from the crowd was fantastic - hope we can keep that going.

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 22 Oct 2014, 13:09

If Rushall can maintain a play off berth for as long as they have done this year (losing their last two have pushed them down) then there is absolutely no reason why we can't have a hopeful push for the play offs.

In both games they haven't impressed me what so ever - credit has to go to us for this, for making them look poor.

We were brilliant last night, as we have been for a good while now. It's nice to get what you deserve in a game - for a change!