Stamford Updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Stamford Updates

Post by Yeltz27 » 19 Oct 2014, 17:10

welshyeltz wrote:Abuse of referees is probably getting worse because , with the odd exception, the standard is getting worse .I thought that the officials at this higher level would in general be better. Not so far.
But this doesn't excuse the foul and abusive language. It also ignores my point about it being ok to abuse referees but unacceptable to dare criticise the players

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 19 Oct 2014, 17:16

I'm sure that all referees know what the job entails and accept that abuse (constructive criticism) is a part of the job description.
If you feel that we should refrain from criticism of players and referees, then we may as well bring thermos flasks, cucumber sandwiches and gently 'tut tut' when we see something that offends our sensibilities. :o

My opinion is that the the officials should 'man up' and take the pie and ale fuelled comments on the chin! ;)

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 19 Oct 2014, 17:47

Yeltz27 wrote:
welshyeltz wrote:Abuse of referees is probably getting worse because , with the odd exception, the standard is getting worse .I thought that the officials at this higher level would in general be better. Not so far.
But this doesn't excuse the foul and abusive language. It also ignores my point about it being ok to abuse referees but unacceptable to dare criticise the players

Probably because the vast majority of us would rather get behind our players as they always give 100% and they are playing for our football club! where as a referee isn't !

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 19 Oct 2014, 18:19

The standard of referees is dire.

The standard of the players playing for Halesowen and those involved in management, isn't.

It's that simple.

Yeltz27
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Yeltz27 » 19 Oct 2014, 18:24

RaidenYeltz wrote:The standard of referees is dire.

The standard of the players playing for Halesowen and those involved in management, isn't.

It's that simple.
Is it?

I've been going for twenty years. I've stood there through thick and thin. My argument is against the hypocrisy of people saying how dare you criticise the players when they are quite happy to abuse the referee. You can't have it both ways. Yes the refereeing might be poor, but as I say, just like the players, they are not professionals. You can't have one rule for one and one rule for the other

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 19 Oct 2014, 18:32

I don't think anyone, certainly not me has suggested that the players should not be criticised ever, my argument is based off un fair criticism and some very strange accusations.

dazzlingdazza
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dazzlingdazza » 19 Oct 2014, 18:53

If the players couldn't be arsed and weren't working hard enough to wear the shirt then fair enough, but these players as I have said give everything, and as I have also said we should be getting behind players that have gained us promotion.

If our players were as bad as some of the referees that have been seen this season then we would have grounds to criticise, but they haven't.

Simons
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Simons » 19 Oct 2014, 19:18

I suppose it comes to down to perceptions. I was talking to someone this afternoon that came down yesterday for the first time, and he thought we were a poor side, and that Christie was one of the laziest players he had ever seen.

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 19 Oct 2014, 19:28

The referee yesterday missed a clear penalty but I don't think they in general they are all dire. This is step 7 of national football so by that token they are not going to be premiership or championship standard just as the Yeltz players are nowhere near step 1 or 2 standard. At this level they are not going to be the best but by and large they get more things right than wrong. The referee has always been a target for fans, a scapegoat for a team's poor result etc..and that will doubtless never change. At this level the officials aren't getting the same benefits, analysis and training as league ones so there should be a level of perspective although they are seeking improvement. The referee for the Workington game for example had a coach in the crowd doing analysis of his performance for the purpose of regular feedback which can only be good.

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 19 Oct 2014, 19:32

The team played well yesterday.

The management did what they thought was right.

We contained Stamford who went so many games unbeaten at the start of the season were top of the league.
We were the better side.

The management changed it when they saw fit and Ben scored a great goal from a header.
I did not see fatigue in our players. Bear in mind Chrisite and Macca;s age.

Unfortunately we had only a one goal lead and not sure what injury time it was they equalised.

There has been three games this season we have had an equaliser against us in the latter stages of the game and also three for us.

I bet the management and players are even more disappointed than we were.

I believe in this management and team and will be there again on Tuesday giving them my support.

One thing Yeltz 27 in my opinion it was our fitness last season which you say was not there that won us the title. Our lads seemed fitter than the opposition in the latter stages of the games.

Keep going lads the wins will come.