Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Ilkeston Updates

Post by Johnny Bud » 13 Oct 2014, 21:37

Full time: 2.2

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 14 Oct 2014, 00:00

Curtis Tilt unfortunate own goal - not blaming him one of those things.

We deserved the three points. 90+2 penalty given when their player trips our player who accidently handled it on the way down.

The set up was okay £2 to park a rip off.
Need to extend the shelter one end as still got wet, not easy to see the goal line behind the goals.

Well done to all our players on a miserable night weather wise. A good peformance.

Be positive.

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 14 Oct 2014, 00:19

An absolutely filthy night, the rain just didn't relent.

A very good performance by the team and you could see their disappointment at the end to have not won the game. That said, I think that shows how far this team have come of late to not take 3 points at Ilkeston.

They, as you would expect were all very neat and tidy and every player looked comfortable on the ball. They're cleared coached to play the ball out from the back but as pretty as it was at times they didn't really hurt us. They were unlucky to when they hit the post in the first half but that aside I remember Sarge making only one save and their goals game from an own goal and a very debatable penalty. On the other hand, we created a number of chances and if we'd shown a little more ruthlessness in front of goal we might have won comfortably.

They looked very comfortable for the first 25 minutes but as soon as Forde came on for the injured Bragoli I thought it gave us a little more urgency in the middle and our equaliser came through a fine finish by Macca. In truth it took us a while to get used to the 4-4-1-1 formation that JH opted. Isedyn should have scored at one point when through on goal but he tried to round the keeper and couldn't quite finish. Eventually he did though and he was well worthy of his goal.

Their supported didn't half like a moan, those precious young players certainly need to get used to the physical elements of the game because when the likes of Frickley and Belper come to town they'll certainly try and kick them off the pitch. I thought we were competitive throughout and didn't allow them time to play. If we'd have stood off them and let them play I'm sure they could have hurt us, but the old adage 'don't give good players time on the ball' really was obvious to see tonight as we pressed hard in the right areas of the pitch.

The changes the Gaffer made certainly freshened things up, and by playing the extra midfielder gave us the opportunity to deny them time and space on the ball. Well done the Gaffer. Well done the fans who traveled on such a horrible night, got soaking wet and sang their hearts out.

See you Saturday
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 14 Oct 2014, 07:51

I hope 'playing the ball from the back' isn't being coached nationwide.

I'm all for playing possession football and coaching our kids in that tactic but not when said football is only played on your own 18 yard line.

It was all a little pointless and put them under needless pressure.

I wasn't impressed by Forest youth team, I have to say. They looked far better than they actually are.

We deserved the 3 points, but once again our lack of ruthlessness in front of goal came back to haunt us. As well as a very soft last minute penalty. Can't wait to see that again...

Saying that how well did we play considering we were facing kids who don't work 9-5 and play full time?

Cannot fault the players what so ever.

Any point away from home is a good point.

Take 4 points out the next two games and the table will look a lot nicer!

Up the Yeltz!

HalesowenHarry
Global Moderator

Post by HalesowenHarry » 14 Oct 2014, 08:00

What they all said (I hate agreeing!!!).
Man, what a night. Heartbreaking way to let slip 2 precious points.
It lashed it down from the moment I left work to the moment I got back home.
We were totally and utterly outplayed first half hour. As expected they were a very young side (and naïve). But somehow (and I’ve no idea how) we equalised just before half time. Forde for Bragoli didn't really take effect tactically till the second half.
Our manager is a genius. He pushed two midfielders up on the wings (not as wingers more as a way of suffocating them) and closed down their play (as mentioned they just kept playing it across the back four and their keepers kicking was hopeless, although his handling was spot on).
This panicked them the whole of the second half and we deservedly took the lead on 76 after several good chances (Christie put a header wide in the first half which he'd normally score plus couldn't get a shot away when he rounded the keeper in the second), then 4 minutes of injury was held up.
Two minutes into it and Griffiths (I think through the haze of rain!) slipped in the wet conditions and the ball struck him on the hand. He can’t give that……. He did, they scored. Gutted. 2-2, no good but more than I expected, just having been there and witnessed it we really should have got 3 points………

(I imagine there'll be highlights on IlsonTV at some point, they've covered all their home matches this season, be interesting to see if they show the penalty decision)

juanillo
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by juanillo » 14 Oct 2014, 09:40

A much improved league performance. Unfortunate to concede late on, but then I guess we've had our share of late goals to salvage a point - Skelmersdale, Nantwich, King's Lynn. Just hope we can start converting these draws into wins.