Guiseley updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Guiseley updates

Post by JohnC » 11 Oct 2014, 18:28

We won the match of the fans. Well some of us did. Their fans were very quiet with the odd interjection of polite applause.

What is it with these northern clubs. Mushy peas but no chips or burgers. :-(

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 11 Oct 2014, 18:28

We won the match of the fans. Well some of us did. Their fans were very quiet with the odd interjection of polite applause.

What is it with these northern clubs. Mushy peas but no chips or burgers. :-(

rubens
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by rubens » 11 Oct 2014, 18:40

Was there any chips or burgers ?

JohnC
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by JohnC » 11 Oct 2014, 19:30

Sorry posting from phone issues.!!

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 11 Oct 2014, 19:33

Talking to yourself is a sign of madness!

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 11 Oct 2014, 22:18

Fans excellent today, as per, liked the polite applause in reply to theirs, as well as the Que Sera Sera, which they replied by asking if you were being serious and saying we had no chance. ::)

Their fans seemed a little obsessed with having a go at RTB by asking him how on earth he managed to get 6 in the last round ::) ::)

Gorgeous 4 1/2 drive home (bloody M6)

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 11 Oct 2014, 23:00

A fab away day, spoilt only by the M6 being shut on the way back and having to go by road through Stoke. We had a laugh in the mini bus though.

As for the game, we might have had a penalty in the first half at 1-0 when Tilt got fouled. I wasn't sure whether it was inside or outside of the box BUT by not giving the foul I'm assuming the referee bottled the decision. Anywhere else on the pitch the referee would have given it but as it was quite a crucial decision I think he didn't want to upset the home fans. Their opening goal was very fortuitous taking a massive deflection but in all honesty we were lucky to not be 3 or 4 down by half time. They hit the post twice and bar once and Sarge made a couple of really good saves. In the second half Sarge again made a couple of fine saves. Sarge was criticised on Tuesday for his kicking, (On our bumpy, uneven pitch) It is no coincidence that his kicking was spot on today on a pitch that was like a carpet.
Our second half was much better, I thought we tried hard to get in the game but the quality of two or three of their players in particular really stood out. Their No 3 and 5 at the back and in particular No10 whose movement and touch caused us problems. Without being harsh on our boys efforts I think they also took their foot off the gas a little.
Credit to JH for sticking with RTB and Laity as wide men, it would have been easy to flood the midfield with more workmanlike pragmatic players against such a good side but he stuck with the team that has done well in recent weeks.
I'm sure the players and management are disappointed by today's result but I think we need to have a degree of realism. They, (I believe) were close to being a Conference side last season and we have only just joined this league. The gulf was clear to see. No blame attached to anyone, no criticism of the players who again gave their all to the final whistle for the fans who made the long journey.
We have the chance to bounce back on Monday in another tough game at Ilkeston, it would be great to see such great away support again.
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

Westyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Westyeltz » 12 Oct 2014, 09:00

What is it with these northern clubs. Mushy peas but no chips or burgers. :-([/quote]
Clearly they're all thinking of your fine figure ;)

Wheels
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by Wheels » 12 Oct 2014, 09:15

Westyeltz wrote:What is it with these northern clubs. Mushy peas but no chips or burgers. :-(
Clearly they're all thinking of your fine figure ;)[/quote]
the chicken Balti pie was lovely though it made me feel right at home just a shame they appeared to be so few of them so not everyone could partake

wednesburystokie
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by wednesburystokie » 12 Oct 2014, 10:49

AVFCYELTZ wrote:A fab away day, spoilt only by the M6 being shut on the way back and having to go by road through Stoke. We had a laugh in the mini bus though.
Nothing wrong with a Saturday night throught Stoke.....

I got stuck 10 cars behind the crash, luckily they opened a lane around 9ish.

another good day out though despite the result