Guiseley updates

Scores, live updates, discussion etc. on Yeltz matches
CRH Yeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Re: Guiseley updates

Post by CRH Yeltz » 12 Oct 2014, 11:39

Despite the scoreline, a good road trip yesterday. Great to see another good following make the long journey up (apart from YeltzDoc who only had to fall out of his front door to get there) and back the lads. No shame in losing to Guiseley, a very useful team.

Tilty's penalty appeal at 1-0 was a game changer, although we were under the cosh consistently, to have got a leveller might have made things interesting. However, workrate was good, we didn't create a lot but that was as much to do with the way Guiseley played. Thought Sarge had one of his best games for us, no chance with the goals and lots of good saves.

Hopefully we can take the positives into Monday at Ilkeston, another tough game. On a final note, the journey home took forever but was entertaining!

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 12 Oct 2014, 17:31

CRH Yeltz wrote:Despite the scoreline, a good road trip yesterday. Great to see another good following make the long journey up (apart from YeltzDoc who only had to fall out of his front door to get there) and back the lads. No shame in losing to Guiseley, a very useful team.

Tilty's penalty appeal at 1-0 was a game changer, although we were under the cosh consistently, to have got a leveller might have made things interesting. However, workrate was good, we didn't create a lot but that was as much to do with the way Guiseley played. Thought Sarge had one of his best games for us, no chance with the goals and lots of good saves.

Hopefully we can take the positives into Monday at Ilkeston, another tough game. On a final note, the journey home took forever but was entertaining!
*clap, clap, clap, clap*

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 12 Oct 2014, 17:34

Just got back from a great weekend in Yorkshire. Fantastic day yesterday, arguably the most enjoyable away day that I've had watching Halesowen with the only downside the result.

I don't think anyone was that surprised that we lost the game in all honesty. Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and admit that the better team won. Guiseley are in theory two leagues above us, they were more organised, had more quality and were just generally better than us in all positions. And there is no shame in that.

I think it would have taken something incredibly special to pull off a win. But had the referee pointed to the spot for the foul on Tilt it may have been a different story. Whether it was inside or outside the box I don't think anyone is entirely sure but there is no doubt it was a foul and at 1-0 down at that point, an equaliser may have meant a different outcome.

I thought the players gave their all and you cannot ask for anymore than that. We were not disgraced. If anything, despite the result it was one of the best performances I've seem from us this season and play like that in the league, we'll have no trouble.

Sargent in goal was superb and made some cracking saves, without him it could have been embarrassing and once again I thought Lait was fantastic. Always looks dangerous and creates problems down the wing.

But sadly, the dream of reaching the 1st round is over for another year.

And on a final note I have to say our fans were fantastic yesterday. We didn't stop singing throughout the game and gave the players plenty of encouragement as well as taking the mickey with the Guiseley fans. It's a shame we couldn't cheer the lads onto a win but we were brilliant. Made me proud to be a Yeltzman yesterday!

RaidenYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RaidenYeltz » 12 Oct 2014, 17:54

They were a really great side. It was a pleasure to watch them pass the ball with pace and intent. Really top side.

They have a brilliant set up there. Great bar with great ales on.

Their pitch was a bowling green carpet, no wonder they can play some good football! Must be a pleasure to play football on that sort of surface...

They deserved better vocal support from the home following, just looked on their forum and note that their match thread had six posts, two from a Yeltz fan! Lol

As has been said the foul on Tilt was a bit of a game changer. It was as blatant foul as you will see. For me it was just on the 18 yard line and therefore not a penalty.

The referee absolutely bottled making a big call. Disgraceful decision.

As so often happens when a big decision goes against a side that then causes a loss of concentration and this resulted in Guiseley scoring the second goal.

In reality it should have been 3 or 4-0 at half time. I have no complaints about the score. They fully deserved the win - which ultimately could have been double figures but for our wood work and a couple of excellent saves from Sarge.

Having banter with their keeper, he mentioned he was from Manchester! Simple logic suggests they're throwing a fair bit of money around on their squad!

We were soundly beaten, by a much better set of players. Absolutely no shame in that. Our players once again gave their everything for the cause. Couldn't be more proud of them and the management.

Heads up and roll on Ilkeston!

Up the Yeltz.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 12 Oct 2014, 18:11

RaidenYeltz wrote:
They have a brilliant set up there. Great bar with great ales on.
It was good until they sold out of Tetley's at half time so I made the schoolboy error of deciding to drink Becks Vier which tasted of urine.

Thankfully the Tetley's was back on after the game!

I think they need to work on their catering though, no burgers or chips at a football game, what is the world coming to?'

YeltzDoc
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by YeltzDoc » 13 Oct 2014, 10:53

Irrelevant I know, but it would have been Grimsby away.

dalevillain
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by dalevillain » 13 Oct 2014, 13:02

YeltzDoc wrote:Irrelevant I know, but it would have been Grimsby away.
How brilliant would that have been?!

beastyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by beastyyeltz » 13 Oct 2014, 14:44

dalevillain wrote:
That actually makes me sad. Grimsby away would have been a brilliant away day

RobYeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by RobYeltz » 14 Oct 2014, 00:22

beastyyeltz wrote:
dalevillain wrote:
That actually makes me sad. Grimsby away would have been a brilliant away day

I take it you've never been to Grimsby? I used to have family in Grimsby and it is one of the most depressing places on this planet. It's like West Bromwich with a port. Grimsby actually play in Cleethorpes, which is another one of the most depressing places on earth. A lucky escape...
Proud owner of THREE 'Georges'

The artist previously known as AVFCYELTZ

lutleyyeltz
Yeltz Forum Member

Post by lutleyyeltz » 14 Oct 2014, 08:56

Having also spent time among the "codheads", I concur.
As Rob says, Grimsby are the only team never to play at home,